There are 169 users in the forums

2024 Training camp news/highlights

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by BP13:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

we need some lip readers/ body language experts in here

Lynch was saying "Yea we had the cash lined up then your homie Trent said hold my beer mf's"
Why did they add stripes to the sleeves? Looks dumb
Originally posted by tankle104:
Per the guy who I know who knows hufs family intimately is that the main reason for the drop off last year in the run defense and effort was just that Wilks wasn't a motivator. Good dude and he didn't change much but wasn't a motivator and that kinda wore on the guys as the season went on cause they were used to guys like saleh and Ryan's.
makes sense.

Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Per the guy who I know who knows hufs family intimately is that the main reason for the drop off last year in the run defense and effort was just that Wilks wasn't a motivator. Good dude and he didn't change much but wasn't a motivator and that kinda wore on the guys as the season went on cause they were used to guys like saleh and Ryan's.
makes sense.

Guys seemed out of position all over the place . The whole system seemed disjointed

Yeah, let's hope the new guy is a better coach for the boys!

[ Edited by tankle104 on Jul 24, 2024 at 3:43 PM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
makes sense.

If players at this level need *motivation* something is wrong - in a sense. They are professionals and should be self motivated. But - having said that - I do think there is something to what you said about motivation, but I think the real reason is that Wilks wasn't experienced in the kind of defense that Kyle ran. Whereas, when Kyle's father took over the 49er offense under Siefert, he's been a head coach under Al Davis (who got Walsh into the NFL) and so he had a foundation with the Sid Gillman offense, which was the basis of the Walsh offense.

Whereas Wilks (I don't think) has ever coached under the Pete Carroll/Monte Kiffen/Wide 9 defense (which is the defense that Kyle runs).
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by glorydayz:

Could this be the answer to the Brandon Aiyuk situation, kill two birds with one stone?

Agree, it would be a great opportunity - and then sets everything up for Purdy next year.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

No Wobble. Tight spiral. Definitely a catchable ball.
Originally posted by Giedi:

No Wobble. Tight spiral. Definitely a catchable ball.

Lolol I was going to bring up the wobble. Bust....
Originally posted by JTB1974:
When do the pads come on?

After the first practice block, probably next Mon.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by BP13:

we need some lip readers/ body language experts in here

Dudes clears waving the white flag as he is surrendering to Lynch's demands and will sign.

You. Me. My office. Now.

Originally posted by Giedi:
makes sense.

If players at this level need *motivation* something is wrong - in a sense. They are professionals and should be self motivated. But - having said that - I do think there is something to what you said about motivation, but I think the real reason is that Wilks wasn't experienced in the kind of defense that Kyle ran. Whereas, when Kyle's father took over the 49er offense under Siefert, he's been a head coach under Al Davis (who got Walsh into the NFL) and so he had a foundation with the Sid Gillman offense, which was the basis of the Walsh offense.

Whereas Wilks (I don't think) has ever coached under the Pete Carroll/Monte Kiffen/Wide 9 defense (which is the defense that Kyle runs).

Eh I disagree - in the nfl you need to go all out every play to play at a very high level and sometimes that requires getting that energy by plagjng playing for a coach or your bros and pushing through stuffz

sometimes it's hard to get excited about playing a loser team mid season, especially if you believe you'll win.

They're human and there are dozens of guys playing - sometimes it's hard to go all out every play, but specially when you're hurting and frustrated etc.
Common Lynch. Don't cave. We've got him under the current deal for $14.1m, which is in fact below talent market. You've offered him Far Far more. TO started off humble. Not a Diva. Antonio Brown likewise. Brandon Aiyuk the same. When these guys go Diva, you can still praise their talent, but the overall benefit to team becomes a gamble at best. Aiyuk has gone Diva.

You look like you are going wabbly on us. The Only reason to trade BA is to lower the cap hit, and the Only way to do that is to trade him for draft picks. Comparable players is Still going to cost you current talent. You can't use picks now, as the draft this year is history. The only way I'd do that is to insist on at least a 1st and a 2nd next year, and that is more than the market, and won't happen. I'd rather we keep him this year, as we paid for that option by using a 1st round pick on him, and tag and trade him next year when we can actually use a 1 round pick.

Do nothing. He still needs to perform, because he's on a contract year any way you cut it. He can't sit out the whole year, as if he does, he loses all that money, and he stil owes us the 5th year option. To accrue a year, he needs to play at least the last 6 games. OK, he could sit out all the early games, but then we've still saved cap and saved his health until crunch and playoff time, which isn't such a bad thing anyway.

We've got the leverage. If he wants to be irrational, we can and should be patient. If he's going to become a problem, the best deal for us looks to be to take advantage of the 5th year option and move him next year.
Sucks that Guerendo and Pearsall will both be behind the 8ball. Need contributions from both this year
Originally posted by JTB1974:

Do these players not stretch before practice?

Nope. Not one bit. The team fired the conditioning coach in moneysaving move. ...lol. Dude! Really???
Originally posted by Heroism:

looks like things were getting chippy at the end of the video. Lynch probably told him to stop acting like a little b***h

My moneys on Lynch if they ever squared up
Share 49ersWebzone