There are 196 users in the forums

2024 Training camp news/highlights

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by tankle104:
A co worker of mine is hufungas dad's bestie - taught him how to swim as a kid etc. interesting. Hopefully the guy comes back strong

Did you ask him how he's doing in his recovery and if he really is expected back sometime in camp? I do believe Huff and that's what he said
lmaoo
Originally posted by Garce:
Originally posted by JTB1974:
Do these players not stretch before practice?

stretching doesnt prevent injuries

Ummm what? Of course stretching helps prevent injuries.
Originally posted by 49ers808:
A co worker of mine is hufungas dad's bestie - taught him how to swim as a kid etc. interesting. Hopefully the guy comes back strong

Did you ask him how he's doing in his recovery and if he really is expected back sometime in camp? I do believe Huff and that's what he said

I did, we sat and talked for a while. He said he's recovering really well and should be ready for the start of the year. Idk about back in camp.

tbh he talked more about huf growing up than currently but I did ask how he's doing in his recovery and he was very positive about it - said he expects him to be ready for the year.

You could tell he thought really highly of the man that huf is. Kind of guy he is and how hard he's working. How devoted he is and all that.
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by Garce:
Originally posted by JTB1974:
Do these players not stretch before practice?

stretching doesnt prevent injuries

Ummm what? Of course stretching helps prevent injuries.

Seriously....
lmaoo

Lol all of us were at least happy for a little while when he did that body slam. Cry Eagles Cry
Originally posted by Montana:
lmaoo

Lol all of us were at least happy for a little while when he did that body slam. Cry Eagles Cry

Him punching Sherman still makes me smile. Even with Sherman's baby face turn to the faithful. Seeing that s**t back when he was on the Seahawks made me love Big Trent
It's so nice to actually talk 49ers football and not politics for a change, now let's get BA & Trent on the practice field LFGO
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

I did, we sat and talked for a while. He said he's recovering really well and should be ready for the start of the year. Idk about back in camp.

tbh he talked more about huf growing up than currently but I did ask how he's doing in his recovery and he was very positive about it - said he expects him to be ready for the year.

You could tell he thought really highly of the man that huf is. Kind of guy he is and how hard he's working. How devoted he is and all that.

That's one thing Kyle needs back there is his version of Ronnie Lott. He's got his Charles Haley (Bosa), his Joe Montana (Purdy), his Roger Craig (CMC), he needs a Ronnie Lott back there (Hufanga???) I hope he comes back 100%

Jaier or Malik, I hope, develops to Ronnie's level - that should end those come from behind games by KC.
Originally posted by Giedi:

That's one thing Kyle needs back there is his version of Ronnie Lott. He's got his Charles Haley (Bosa), his Joe Montana (Purdy), his Roger Craig (CMC), he needs a Ronnie Lott back there (Hufanga???) I hope he comes back 100%

Jaier or Malik, I hope, develops to Ronnie's level - that should end those come from behind games by KC.

Lott was more than a great safety. He was a good corner when he first entered the league. More than that he was a great leader on defense. A voice that everyone respected. He was the one that was called in when Haley started going off. Huff is miles away from being Ronnie Lott.

Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

Lott was more than a great safety. He was a good corner when he first entered the league. More than that he was a great leader on defense. A voice that everyone respected. He was the one that was called in when Haley started going off. Huff is miles away from being Ronnie Lott.

You know Lott (and many other defenders from back in the day) were insane when everyone agrees they could NEVER play in todays game.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

Well, Captain obvious, I agree.

But I still maintain that - *that's* a big element to our two Superbowl losses. The defensive backfield has always been one of our weaker squads (in addition to the OLine).

Lott was definitely a great CB - he didn't have speed - so he was more of a Richard Sherman type of CB. Definitely a great leader - Fred Warner's leadership reminds me a bit of Lott. Too bad Richard didn't stay and move to safety and eventually to coaching. I still have hope for either Richard Sherman or Deion Sanders to somehow coach for Kyle one day.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
lmaoo

Fukin BOSS!!!!!
anything from Latu yet? or is he still on the "physically unable to be good" list?
Share 49ersWebzone