There are 213 users in the forums

2024 Training camp news/highlights

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by 9NERNATE:
Not worried about Rodgers, but Breece scares me. Hope our run defense steps up.

I concur, the key will be bottling him up. Our backups run defense has not been good in pre season but I think our revamped d line will do much better than last year. I think brown will be much better at run stop this year too. Maybe huf will be back - that would be a big boost to our run d.

I hope so but Hargraves isn't great versus the run. I'm not sure what to expect from the d line. We still don't have a legit fat ass run stopper.

Yeah but I'm optimistic that Hargrave will be improved (better shape) and the new DT from Houston.

but you're right - no one that's a clear cut run stuffer. Hopefully the offense can score enough to help take their run game out of the equation.
Somebody made a YouTube video of our Training Camp punter.....man.....I would hate to be Lynch regarding that. The video showed all that fancy back spin vs raw power and how he can dial his leg up and down. Super Polished punter.

There is like a 1.8m dollar difference between the two punters....I wonder if that comes into play....if the 49er consider changing out the punter.

hes one of the best - wonder how serious this injury is.

never understood the hype on this guy.
  • 91til
  • Veteran

Just look at him. He's like 6'5 250 and can throw it a mile and run over dudes, teams fall for guys like that whenever they come along

hes one of the best - wonder how serious this injury is.

That would be a massive loss. Sewell is a young Trent Williams.

Debating whether to take Taylor in the 1st at 6 in FF and a lot my thought progress hinges on Richardson
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

Debating whether to take Taylor in the 1st at 6 in FF and a lot my thought progress hinges on Richardson

Same here. RB's go fast in my league so it's between him or Barkley.

Are you assuming that CMC, Hall, Bijan, Ceedee and Tyreek are gone?

AGREE... in fact I was wondering how thig guy got to ROUND 1 when that other rookie JOE MILTON III of the Pats has exact the same skills and arm strength if they all wanna see that..

Originally posted by Montana:
Randy Gregory is being released by the Bucs. I wonder if we would pick him up for a fourth DE. We need some depth pretty bad at DE

I was not super impressed by Randy, made a few good plays but overall, meh. Him and Chase just looked kinda winded doing much of anything. Too much pot and chew idk lol. Wouldn't trust them to take the trash bin out to the curb once a week lol.

Stay of The Weed Gregory will only be good under the 3-4 scheme as an OLB.. he'll never be more than back up pass rusher if he plays in the 4-3. sometimes, it's all about the scheme..
Originally posted by illinois9er:

Yeah…was targeting Robinson but apparently everyone is already keyed in on him lol . If chase is there I'm taking him, but hoping somehow Robinson drops to 6
Originally posted by illinois9er:

Yeah…was targeting Robinson but apparently everyone is already keyed in on him lol . If chase is there I'm taking him, but hoping somehow Robinson drops to 6

I'm pretty sure in my league it'll go the three RBs in a row then Ceedee and Hill. I pick #5 so I'm good with any of those 5 players.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by 9NERNATE:
Not worried about Rodgers, but Breece scares me. Hope our run defense steps up.

I concur, the key will be bottling him up. Our backups run defense has not been good in pre season but I think our revamped d line will do much better than last year. I think brown will be much better at run stop this year too. Maybe huf will be back - that would be a big boost to our run d.

I hope so but Hargraves isn't great versus the run. I'm not sure what to expect from the d line. We still don't have a legit fat ass run stopper.

Yeah but I'm optimistic that Hargrave will be improved (better shape) and the new DT from Houston.

but you're right - no one that's a clear cut run stuffer. Hopefully the offense can score enough to help take their run game out of the equation.

Jordan Elliot did a decent job last game and is a big run stuffer.
Originally posted by Dshearn:
Somebody made a YouTube video of our Training Camp punter.....man.....I would hate to be Lynch regarding that. The video showed all that fancy back spin vs raw power and how he can dial his leg up and down. Super Polished punter.

There is like a 1.8m dollar difference between the two punters....I wonder if that comes into play....if the 49er consider changing out the punter.

That dude has a history of being super streaky as a punter. He'll look amazing for 3 games then he'll go 2 games shanking everything.
Share 49ersWebzone