LISTEN: Brock Purdy's Critics Don't Live In Reality →

There are 129 users in the forums

What position would you trade for?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Center, please. And if not, how about RT?

LB is also a concern w/ Greenlaw out...guys like Campbell and DFF are getting exploited regularly.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:

LB is also a concern w/ Greenlaw out...guys like Campbell and DFF are getting exploited regularly.

I agree that LB is a need too. But if I'm Lynch I'd try to acquire a decent Safety or another DT. This team has more trouble stopping the run than I've ever seen in the last 10 seasons.
  • bud49
  • Veteran
Riddick or Reddick need to get the Jets on the phone asap. This Defense is a mess and needs a pass rusher bad. Bosa and Leonard aint cutting it. I'm not worried about the offense help will be coming on that side of the ball pretty soon.
[ Edited by bud49 on Sep 23, 2024 at 9:47 AM ]
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:

I agree that LB is a need too. But if I'm Lynch I'd try to acquire a decent Safety or another DT. This team has more trouble stopping the run than I've ever seen in the last 10 seasons.

Good point. If they can't stop the run on D, they're not going anywhere this season.

Can we trade for a new DC?

But on a more serious note, yeah, I miss DJ more and more with each passing game. No need to pass when this team can't stop the run. Of course, they can't seemingly stop the pass either. The offense had glaring issues with execution yesterday, but the defense just looks lost. It's not just bad execution, it's a myriad of problems.

Lest we forget about STs. That's been a hot mess for a long time.
How about Special Teams Coordinator.

Last 3 losses Special Teams have been giving up big plays (see Punt Return fumble in Superbowl, Punt block last week, and fake punt + punt return end of game vs Rams) that has either changed the outcome of the game OR changed the momentum.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Polkadots:

But on a more serious note, yeah, I miss DJ more and more with each passing game. No need to pass when this team can't stop the run. Of course, they can't seemingly stop the pass either. The offense had glaring issues with execution yesterday, but the defense just looks lost. It's not just bad execution, it's a myriad of problems.

Yah the offense had it's share of s**t moments but we all know the problem to that and it starts with upfront. But Shanahan continues to trot the same O-line out week after week. Changes need to be made all over the place, mainly on defense. There should be absolutely no reason why the 49ers couldn't get pressure in the second half against a broken battered Rams O-line.

f**k this s**t is just annoying already!!! Make some changes and quit making excuses for s**tty players like Brendel, McKivitz, Bell, Odom, Ji'yair Brown, DeVondre Campbell.
Originally posted by Polkadots:

Yah the offense had it's share of s**t moments but we all know the problem to that and it starts with upfront. But Shanahan continues to trot the same O-line out week after week. Changes need to be made all over the place, mainly on defense. There should be absolutely no reason why the 49ers couldn't get pressure in the second half against a broken battered Rams O-line.

f**k this s**t is just annoying already!!! Make some changes and quit making excuses for s**tty players like Brendel, McKivitz, Bell, Odom, Ji'yair Brown, DeVondre Campbell.

I just don't see the 0-line as issue number 1. They are like the 3rd ranked offense in the league, and top 10 in passing, rushing and scoring.

Could it be better? Of course....

If we have to place blame on something, this is like a bottom 3 third down defense in the NFL, bottom 3 in yards allowed per pass...bottom 5 in allowed passing TDs.

They got issues they need to address. O line is weaker than we would wish for, sure....but clearly the offense is still performing near the top of the league...that defense on the other hand is dog-water.
OL

RT or C preferably.

You have Aiyuk, Deebo for trade bait once McCaffrey returns.

Go do it!
Originally posted by Niner4ever:
OL

RT or C preferably.

Go do it!

Usually these are just pipe dreams, but given the situation I don't think its out of the question they could entertain an in-season trade of someone like Aiyuk or Deebo as the season unfolds. JJ has proven he is a starter and we have yet to see what Pearsall and Cowing can do, but WR is fairly loaded. Would it be for future picks or would they try to snag someone who can help now? I guess that depends on how the season is going.

Our Safeties are bad. Center and RT right behind them. NT, outside LB's.... ooof

Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by Niner4ever:
OL

RT or C preferably.

Go do it!

Our Safeties are bad. Center and RT right behind them. NT, outside LB's.... ooof
Agree
#27 sucks!
I think that with the type of weapons that exist on offense with a strong O- line they would be able to plow defenses and keep the ball away from the other team. That would help everything else. The least of special teams and defense the better.
Many.

C or RT.
LB.
HC
Fins are down to their QB3, but I doubt the FO would entertain trading Dobbs
Share 49ersWebzone