SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS at LOS ANGELES RAMS - 2024 Season Game 3

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Defense let the team down…and bell

ST's too
Play like we did today, expect an L against NE also
  • bud49
  • Veteran

If the defense would have stepped up and played today the 49ers would have won. No blames here for the officiating.
Originally posted by Crown:
Originally posted by Baldie:
Season is not over but winning the divison and getting into the playoffs is hard to even think right now.

We should have won't it last season, that season run was a waste.

Making Super Bowl runs as hard on everybody, I think the team is beat up, tired, and honestly, honestly getting old

But in the same breath, I've got to say that KC looks just fine

KC is run way better. Andy Reid is a generational coach. Apples and oranges
Originally posted by zeppfan1:
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Something I found out… what they say is true about Brock , he not strong enough to carry the team on his back, he does needs his superstars to win
Purdy is the least of this team's worries.

Yep, he's not the problem. Lots of guys getting raises and then falling off instead of picking it up. We have seen this show before and the season seems like it's heading towards the toilet and they turn it around so no need to panic.
However, there really is no excuse to have lost to LA today, if Kupp or Nacua would have played they probably would have lost by 21 or 28. The Rams are missing waaay more starters than the 49ers and they crapped the bed.
Purdy will get paid next year and it will result in cutting some other big paychecks and/or underperformers, that's not necessarily a bad thing imo because their performances aren't matching the pay scale.
Originally posted by bud49:

If the defense would have stepped up and played today the 49ers would have won. No blames here for the officiating.

Yeah we got some questionable calls our way this game multiple times.
  • bud49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by zeppfan1:
Play like we did today, expect an L against NE also

I am I see no way of winning next Sunday if this defense plays like they have been, They outright SUCK
Defense let the team down…and bell

Should never have gotten to the point of relying on Bell. Not making excuses for him but this defense is bad right now.
  • Yeti
  • Veteran
Oh no. We suck again
Beginning to think some of our defensive players are overrated besides maybe Fred. Special teams s**t the bed at the end of the game also. Bell with the drop. Can't really blame shanny when he schemes guys wide open.. for example of when Aiyuk was streaking down the field. Brock just didn't see him. It happens. On to the next game. Hopefully things can get turned around. Not to confident . But go Niners
[ Edited by BMoore56 on Sep 22, 2024 at 5:11 PM ]

• bud49
  • Veteran
Purdy 292yrds passing 3 TD's and a 137.1 passer rating He completed 74 percent of his passes should have been better than that if the WR's did not drop some.

Stafford had 1 TD the Rams Ran the Ball on this Defense and Passed.
I am I see no way of winning next Sunday if this defense plays like they have been, They outright SUCK

Yeah this defense the way it's playing is not a sure thing against any putrid offense in the league. And 4 of these guys are in a contract year(including Greenlaw) and this doesn't include some of the guys we gave 1 year deals to. None of them are going to get paid if the defense turns out to be bottom 5 in the league. Why would we pay Ward or Lenoir if they aren't making our defense better?
We might be gettin us a top 10 pick this year with all the injuries and sucky play by the defense.

LOL

The defenses inability to get the job done doesn't give the officials a pass,them allowing the Rams to hold all game long didn't do the defense any favors then they had the nerve to call Juice for ticky tack holding.
Originally posted by BMoore56:
Beginning to think some of our defensive players are overrated besides maybe Fred. Special teams s**t the bed at the end of the game also. Bell with the drop. Can't really blame shanny when he schemes guys wide open.. for example of when Aiyuk was streaking down the field. Brock just didn't see him. It happens. On to the next game. Hopefully things can get turned around. Not to confident . But go Niners

No but Kyle deserves blame for the personnel decisions. Sorenson as DC, Schneider as ST's coach, and having Bell on the field getting targets with the game on the line.
Share 49ersWebzone