LISTEN: Patriots Preview With WEEI's Nick "Fitzy” & CMC's Germany Trip →

There are 245 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS at LOS ANGELES RAMS - 2024 Season Game 3

Shop Find 49ers gear online

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS at LOS ANGELES RAMS - 2024 Season Game 3

Originally posted by ninerfaninnorcal:
Minnesota is undefeated and tough at home. Stafford is a tough QB to beat. The next 3 QBs we face won't be that good - NE, AZ and Seattle.

AZ and SEA could easily beat us. At this point I'd actually say those teams should be favoured over us. I'm still worried about the NE game, nothing tells me that with the way this D is playing that Stevenson doesn't just run all over this team. Special teams will probably give up a massive play or 2 as well
Originally posted by jcs:
We played a two score lead like our D could hold their offense. They were walking all over us by that 4th quarter and it was clear the more aggressive team was going to win this game. It was all over when Kyle decided to punt the ball away on our last possession in the 4th that got returned all the way to mid field.

Are you serious? You wanted him to go for it on like 4th and 7 at midfield?
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
Honestly, it feels like no matter what he does in those moments it doesn't work.

He either runs too much, or not enough.

I'll be the first to say he's too conservative and then when he gets more aggressive...that fails too.

So it just seems like no matter what decision he makes in big moments or to close out games...more often than not, they're the wrong ones.

My only criticism on play calling was the 3rd and inches where he didn't run QB sneak. Other than that brock should have only had 2 incomplete passes if the damn WR's could catch. The pass game was dominating and honestly the rams were shutting down the run.

playing bell is a whole other discussion
Originally posted by zeppfan1:
That's the scary thing

In reality the jets win looks better by the week, minny looks damn impressive, this rams loss is pathetic
Originally posted by goatroppolo:
My only criticism on play calling was the 3rd and inches where he didn't run QB sneak. Other than that brock should have only had 2 incomplete passes if the damn WR's could catch. The pass game was dominating and honestly the rams were shutting down the run.

It may be your only criticism but Shanahan not running a QB sneak on 3rd and inches is why he keeps losing with these big leads - he fails to put teams away. A QB sneak gives you a first down and most likely a TD. It was the same in the super bowl. He failed to put that game away as well.

And then you are relying as a result on 55 yard field goals at the end of the game.

why did he use our last TO before the half with 38 seconds to go? Keep going and keep that TO. Instead he let the defense regroup without Trent Williams and we had fumble and no points.

It is these small things that lead to missed points that lead to all these blown leads.

With his poor coaching decisions, Shanahan finds ways to keep these games close.
[ Edited by ninerfaninnorcal on Sep 23, 2024 at 3:58 AM ]
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Minnesota is undefeated and tough at home. Stafford is a tough QB to beat. The next 3 QBs we face won't be that good - NE, AZ and Seattle.

AZ and SEA could easily beat us. At this point I'd actually say those teams should be favoured over us. I'm still worried about the NE game, nothing tells me that with the way this D is playing that Stevenson doesn't just run all over this team. Special teams will probably give up a massive play or 2 as well

If I was NE, that is my game plan and I'd take my chances.

AZ right now isn't a slouch. We ve always had trouble with mobile QBs and Murray is one of the worst. He now has a WR he can go to. Divison games are always tough. I'm not making that mistake to think these will be easy wins. This loss to the LAR could bite us in the ass in December.
  • DrEll
  • Veteran

It may be your only criticism but Shanahan not running a QB sneak on 3rd and inches is why he keeps losing with these big leads - he fails to put teams away. A QB sneak gives you a first down and most likely a TD. It was the same in the super bowl. He failed to put that game away as well.

And then you are relying as a result on 55 yard field goals at the end of the game.

why did he use our last TO before the half with 38 seconds to go? Keep going and keep that TO. Instead he let the defense regroup without Trent Williams and we had fumble and no points.

It is these small things that lead to missed points that lead to all these blown leads.

With his poor coaching decisions, Shanahan finds ways to keep these games close.

Yep. It's these small decisions that everyone ignores that end up biting us in the ass. Even in week 1, one of the final drives we had the ball inside the 5. It was 4th and a yard. Our running game was on fire. Kyle should do for it. At the minimum he kills off 2.5 minutes off the clock. At the maximum he gets the TD and it becomes a 20 point insurmountable lead. Instead he turtles up kicks the FG…team is up by 16, but Jets still playing hard thinking 2 TDs to tie. Now in hindsight it works out and we win, but more often than not in Kyle's head coaching career these kinds of things bite him in the ass. He's just not a good coach. He doesn't have the instincts to call a good game or play to the rhythm. He's an excellent offensive play caller though.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
That's the scary thing

In reality the jets win looks better by the week, minny looks damn impressive, this rams loss is pathetic

A contender wins a game like this. KC went into ATL and won. That is a well coached team and reason why they'll 3peat.
  • bud49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Baldie:
That's the scary thing

A contender wins a game like this. KC went into ATL and won. That is a well coached team and reason why they'll 3peat.

KC is the best team in the league. There Defense is legit. So far this year we are not as good as we were last year.
Originally posted by bud49:
That's the scary thing

KC is the best team in the league. There Defense is legit. So far this year we are not as good as we were last year.

KC is going to win the Super Bowl again. They are the team the 49ers players think they are. It's almost laughable if I wasn't a fan.

I think at best this team will stay somewhat healthy, make it to the NFC Divisional and we talk about all off-season how Purdy has a future.

And we sell tickets based on the promising future of Purdy! Wow big contract!

Also

More realistically we get bounced in the wildcard by the Cowboys and go home crying.

Doooooooooooooooooomed.
[ Edited by picklejuice on Sep 23, 2024 at 5:28 AM ]
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by bud49:
That's the scary thing

I think Sorenson thought he could replicate Saleh/Ryans D, he's learning quick it's not going how he thought. Those Ds had talented depth.
[ Edited by Baldie on Sep 23, 2024 at 5:39 AM ]
I think Sorenson thought he could replicate Saleh/Ryans D, he's learning quick it's not going how he thought. Those Ds had talented depth.

It has been disappointing.
I hope we get our s**t together lol
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by picklejuice:
I think at best this team will stay somewhat healthy, make it to the NFC Divisional and we talk about all off-season how Purdy has a future.

And we sell tickets based on the promising future of Purdy! Wow big contract!

Also

More realistically we get bounced in the wildcard by the Cowboys and go home crying.

Doooooooooooooooooomed.

Then the fans collectively chime "run it back'

I was simply talking about play calling. He used the timeout because I assume he was trying to drive to get a FG before half. People would crucify him for sitting on the ball and not being aggressive to get points
Share 49ersWebzone