There are 282 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS at LOS ANGELES RAMS - 2024 Season Game 3

Shop Find 49ers gear online

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS at LOS ANGELES RAMS - 2024 Season Game 3

Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
This team is 1-2 in the easy portion of the schedule

SAD... it was an EZ 3-0 at this mark..
Originally posted by goatroppolo:
I was simply talking about play calling. He used the timeout because I assume he was trying to drive to get a FG before half. People would crucify him for sitting on the ball and not being aggressive to get points

We had just gotten a big play. You keep going and try for another big play. The last thing you do is burn your final TO and stop everything. Foolish decision making.
Originally posted by raywm3:
I love you people get into X's and O's like you actually know ANYTHING about calling an NFL game. "Shanahan not running a QB sneak...." Oh, you absolutely know for sure it would've worked? Can I get tonight's lottery numbers please?

It's worked from that distance in the past almost 100% of the times.
Originally posted by JEP83:
Originally posted by NC49er:
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by ComeOnDeberg:
So after the first quarter we only scored 10 pts and gave up 27....this is unacceptable. Rams obviously made adjustments on both sides of the ball, while Kyle and his nincompoop staff made none.

Rams were playing to win we quickly shifted to classic Kyle "don't blow it and just hang on" football. He's never had the killer instinct his pops had to keep the foot on the gas

Is it that he doesn't have his foot on the gas or that he doesn't run the ball enough to drain the clock?

I keep seeing both these statements and they are completely contradictory.

Honestly, it feels like no matter what he does in those moments it doesn't work.

He either runs too much, or not enough.

I'll be the first to say he's too conservative and then when he gets more aggressive...that fails too.

So it just seems like no matter what decision he makes in big moments or to close out games...more often than not, they're the wrong ones.

He should try a George Costanza then

Ca-stanza!

😂
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ltrain:
Originally posted by titan:
ST was bad. Our DL got dominated by the Rams OL in the running game.
Defense lost the game imo. No pass rush with the grave digger taking plays off in the final minutes. Corners getting burned with no safety help because the qb had too much time. ST takes close 2nd place for the loss…every time we have a ST play I'm just hoping for something terrible not to happen. Only silver lining is Purdy was awesome and so was Jennings. Just need to get healthy and hope to sneak into the playoffs. Need a sweep on Seattle.

Our defense should've mauled that 3rd string OL. Bosa probably made more in that game than the entire Rams Oline combined.
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Defense lost the game imo. No pass rush with the grave digger taking plays off in the final minutes. Corners getting burned with no safety help because the qb had too much time. ST takes close 2nd place for the loss…every time we have a ST play I'm just hoping for something terrible not to happen. Only silver lining is Purdy was awesome and so was Jennings. Just need to get healthy and hope to sneak into the playoffs. Need a sweep on Seattle.

Our defense should've mauled that 3rd string OL. Bosa probably made more in that game than the entire Rams Oline combined.

You want to see a real game wrecking defensive end ? Go watch what TJ Watt does for Pittsburgh. Go see what his brother did for Houston. Nick Bosa gets choke held every other snap, doesn't even raise his arms to complain. Doesn't even push back on the oline man to bring attention to what's happening. He's just a complacent cog in an otherwise broken clock. Just hopes his speed and bull rush ability will force him into the backfield and get a sack. He's not a game wrecker, and that sucks.
The fans and the press are often blame the poor drafting, Kyle's coaching or the refs after a loss. I never hear the players do any of that. They know a loss like yesterday is on them. The front office, coaches and the refs aren't responsible for those dropped passes, blown coverages weak pass rush in the 2nd half and a missed FG.
Originally posted by DrEll:

You want to see a real game wrecking defensive end ? Go watch what TJ Watt does for Pittsburgh. Go see what his brother did for Houston. Nick Bosa gets choke held every other snap, doesn't even raise his arms to complain. Doesn't even push back on the oline man to bring attention to what's happening. He's just a complacent cog in an otherwise broken clock. Just hopes his speed and bull rush ability will force him into the backfield and get a sack. He's not a game wrecker, and that sucks.
Yeah because if only he would complain he'd get the call give me a break.
Originally posted by DaleGribble:

Do you really think teams don't try and hold Watt, Crosby and other great pass rushers. Arron Donald was often double teamed and held and he still got to the QB or the runner. Any great pass rusher is going to get double team, held, punched and whatever it takes to protect the QB. Bosa knows what's going to happen to him.
  • titan
  • Veteran

I did. Watt is intense old school type and not looking to be liked!!!

Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by DaleGribble:

Do you really think teams don't try and hold Watt, Crosby and other great pass rushers. Arron Donald was often double teamed and held and he still got to the QB or the runner. Any great pass rusher is going to get double team, held, punched and whatever it takes to protect the QB. Bosa knows what's going to happen to him.
I know they do because i actually watch Steeler games but they don't get a way with half the s**t with Watt as they do Bosa.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Not gonna panic yet. We are 1-2 and we've been here before. It's concerning yes because the D looks worse then under Wilks last year and everyone wanted him fired and got their wish. Let's see how we do against NE next week. Meanwhile, shanny has meet with Sorenson and say WTF. Maybe the other guy needs to get involved, that other assistant coach they hired (can't remember his name)
Share 49ersWebzone