There are 272 users in the forums

Pregame thread- 2024 week 4 - 49ers v Pats; lucky to have a get right game against NE

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by Oscar8325:
Originally posted by KiwiM:
Originally posted by Baldie:
Originally posted by goatroppolo:
Originally posted by DrEll:
Because Kyle doesn't want to change. Vic Fangio was a consultant for this team a couple years ago. We refused to hire him as D coordinator bc Shanahan didn't want to change the scheme. Wilks, and by extension Sorensen, are byproducts of a coach who has no interest in trying something different…

Well we are in trouble then because it looks very easy to move the ball on us. I'm sick of how vanilla we are. QB's today get confused very easy we should do some things to confuse or make them hesitate

Talk radio guys mentioned something interesting that I didn't know, Wilks wanted to bring his own scheme in but Shanny didn't want it and was forced to learn the scheme already in place. Reason why Wilks took so long to grasp it and probably never really learned it completely.

This reads like it's from the Wilks camp to retroactively make Wilks look better.

We had the best defense in the league at the time and Wilks has bounced around his whole career - he only had 2 individual seasons as a DC in the NFL prior to the 49ers - it's not like had some amazing system coming with him

That's just a weak excuse, as an NFL coach who been around for many many years they should know virtually every scheme not just "their own".

You would think they would. After all the folks on this website seem to know about every defense. Certainly a guy that does it for a living should understand them.

Right, yes we do have a lot of keyboard DC's. Let me tell you I was an OC for 10 years in High School, it's tough . People have no idea how tough it is and that was high school, I can't imagine the pressure and stress of doing it at the highest lever in the NFL.
This is about as much of a "must win" game as you could have early in the season.
There's no way we fall to 1-3 to begin the season.

9ers get back on track by dismantling the pats. 30-17.
Originally posted by Sickaa:
There's no way we fall to 1-3 to begin the season.

9ers get back on track by dismantling the pats. 30-17.

Yes! We will win the next 3, go into KC game 4-2 and depending on the health we can beat KC and DAL at home. And before you guys get on me about beating KC. Here are my thoughts on them, they were a couple snaps away from also being 1-2. vs the bengals and falcons they benefitted from refs again on two defensive pass interference penalties. One called on bengals in their favor and a no call that would of gone against them in falcons game.
[ Edited by Oscar8325 on Sep 24, 2024 at 2:45 PM ]
  • Deebo
  • Veteran
Pats in a runaway
Is there any chance we are beating GB this year or no?
Originally posted by Deebo:
Pats in a runaway

No way…. We win this 24-21…Then we go 2-5. Check the schedule then check the injuries and how well our lambo is running these days. Finally, check out our defense. honestly we are not in a good place this year. .500 is a stretch goal at this point.
looking at what Pats did to Bengals week 1, this isn't a guaranteed win lol...
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

Yeah, we were supposed to win against the Rams too. Ugh. Cluster cluck and I doubt Shanny will do enough to fix it.
49ers to do this every year at some point where fans start panicking and start making emotional future predictions with all doom and gloom. Then the team racks up a bunch of wins in a row. All these other team's that the fans have been talking up about how good they are will also have their slumps down the road and their fans will be doing the samething we are currently doing.

Lose this and the season is pretty much over. We are headed for a high draft pick.
Originally posted by JTB1974:
49ers to do this every year at some point where fans start panicking and start making emotional future predictions with all doom and gloom. Then the team racks up a bunch of wins in a row. All these other team's that the fans have been talking up about how good they are will also have their slumps down the road and their fans will be doing the samething we are currently doing.
Maybe but one of these years they won't and this year feels different.
Originally posted by Oscar8325:
Yes! We will win the next 3, go into KC game 4-2 and depending on the health we can beat KC and DAL at home. And before you guys get on me about beating KC. Here are my thoughts on them, they were a couple snaps away from also being 1-2. vs the bengals and falcons they benefitted from refs again on two defensive pass interference penalties. One called on bengals in their favor and a no call that would of gone against them in falcons game.

The problem is that they basically get this every game so we will just be the next victim of the refs when we play them
  • JEP83
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Cosmo:
Originally posted by DonRamon:
Sounds like Kittle is going to practice this week. Should give Purdy another target if he can go. I just hope we don't see Bell suit up, but something tells me we are.

Well yeah, not much of a choice with Debo, Pearsall out.

Difference between suiting up and playing.

One of the biggest issues I have is not playing Cowing more. He can't be worse than Bell. Let the man play and see what he has.
  • JEP83
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

Have you seen what three teams have done to the bengals?
Share 49ersWebzone