LISTEN: Rookie 49ers Shine Against The Seahawks →

There are 285 users in the forums

UDFA NT Evan Anderson (FAU)

Shop Find 49ers gear online

https://m.youtube.com/shorts/TXNuxJVhUxE

Didn't realize he didn't have his own thread yet.

He must be taking to the coaching well to get elevated over the incumbent McGill. I thought for sure McGill would get first crack.

Hopefully Anderson can do some good things and learn from the rest. Huge opportunity to earn himself a permanent promotion if he can impress.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Sep 28, 2024 at 2:34 PM ]
Damn he's a big kid... some of his highlights he quickly accelerates.. but I hope be doesn't get any roughing the passer calls, because must be hard for him to slow down lol.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Damn he's a big kid... some of his highlights he quickly accelerates.. but I hope be doesn't get any roughing the passer calls, because must be hard for him to slow down lol.

6-3 326 and definitely can move. Tape I recall showed really the only thing he needed was better consistency with pad level, but when he got his technique right, he was immovable.

He's still raw because he entered college with very little DL experience, played OL 3 of 4 years in high school. High upside guy who could pay off well over time.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

https://m.youtube.com/shorts/TXNuxJVhUxE

Didn't realize he didn't have his own thread yet.

He must be taking to the coaching well to get elevated over the incumbent McGill. I thought for sure McGill would get first crack.

Hopefully Anderson can do some good things and learn from the rest. Huge opportunity to earn himself a permanent promotion if he can impress.

Pretty dope for him to get the call up. I feel really good about our 2024 rookies. These guys are pushing for playing time in ways we didn't see out of the 2022 and 2023 classes.
hey....man all for it...

looks like he lacks power rushing the passer, and slow to get off blocks against the run....on the plus side...couple times he got small and got in the gap, and doesn't it look great to see the offense flow around a dude..cause he planted his feet on defense...
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Hopefully he'll be this years gem!!!
Originally posted by Dshearn:
hey....man all for it...

looks like he lacks power rushing the passer, and slow to get off blocks against the run....on the plus side...couple times he got small and got in the gap, and doesn't it look great to see the offense flow around a dude..cause he planted his feet on defense...

He honestly has a ton of power, but poor technique negates it. Dude is quick for being 325+ too. Like most young guys, and even some vets, the struggle is just consistent pad level. I don't expect a ton from him yet, but I'm hopeful longer term that he can fill our glaring need for a space eater on this DL.
Originally posted by Dshearn:
hey....man all for it...

He honestly has a ton of power, but poor technique negates it. Dude is quick for being 325+ too. Like most young guys, and even some vets, the struggle is just consistent pad level. I don't expect a ton from him yet, but I'm hopeful longer term that he can fill our glaring need for a space eater on this DL.

hell we should work out any dude that does not instantly go backwards.....

When was the last time we saw a defense just bend around and flow past an entrenched DT in the middle of the defense.

Clearly that defense in the highlights was not super impressive, but at least THAT dude show some level of holding his ground....normally not moving forward (or backwards) is the crazy obvious...but it was on that snap reel.

Yeah the fact he has a little bit of quickness, and a bit of an ability to get small and shoot the gaps is a bonus.....

I am all for it...if it is not this guy, so be it...but we need a dude like this guy.
I don't care if he has zero pass rushing moves. I just want somebody big and strong in the middle that can take up blocks and stop the run.
Originally posted by JTB1974:
I don't care if he has zero pass rushing moves. I just want somebody big and strong in the middle that can take up blocks and stop the run.

Yeah I mean we've got other guys we're going to use on pass rushing downs anyways. Gross Matos kicks inside then, and the rotation of Collins, Elliot, and Givens should be OK at the other spot.

This is what we need. A huge gap plugger who can stop the run. Hope he is great.

Originally posted by Afrikan:

He is hungry! Pun intended. I am excited to see him suit up and go at it.
[ Edited by Bringbackedjr on Sep 28, 2024 at 9:38 PM ]
Haven't seen him yet today, looking for #69 out there at some point, especially if we pad this lead.
Anderson with a nice play slapping the ball out of Brissett's hand. First action and notched his first FF

Also added a sack today for good measure. Have a day, kid!
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Sep 29, 2024 at 4:11 PM ]
Anderson with a nice play slapping the ball out of Brissett's hand. First action and notched his first FF

Also added a sack today for good measure. Have a day, kid!
Share 49ersWebzone