There are 241 users in the forums

Did Eddie D Sell His Soul to the Devil for 5 Rings?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I asked because it seems this team is cursed since he left. What happened yesterday was the work of the Devil.
[ Edited by BleedsRedNGold on Oct 7, 2024 at 5:24 AM ]
No that was the work of Shanahan and Sorensen yesterday.
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
I asked because it seems this team is cursed since he left. What happened yesterday was the work of the Devil.

That's like saying did the Patriots sell there soul for 6 rings?

No they had Tom Brady!

Tom Brady was a fan of Eddie D back in the 80's.

Eddie D was a GOD! This is why we haven't won since.
Eddie D knew what it took to win and there is nothing he wouldn't do to win.
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
EddieD held the coaches and players accountable. He maxed out Bill Walsh, forced him out when the time was right, then went on to win 2 more rings with Seifert. Maxed him out, the moved on to Mariucci who got the team in the NFCC game in his first year. If Eddie had been around after that time, I have no doubt the team would have carried out its success.

fast forward to today. A half assed owner focusing on revenue. Jed is ok with Kyle's mediocrity bc it sells tickets. Hoards of millennials and gen Z just happy to make it to the playoffs will dish out thousands of dollars, then be willing to do it over again the following year. "Superbowls aren't easy" they'll claim. "We tried our best" they'll argue. " Without Kyle it'll be 2000s all over again" they'll shout.

I miss EddieD. This franchise is a shell of what it once was
Originally posted by DrEll:
EddieD held the coaches and players accountable. He maxed out Bill Walsh, forced him out when the time was right, then went on to win 2 more rings with Seifert. Maxed him out, the moved on to Mariucci who got the team in the NFCC game in his first year. If Eddie had been around after that time, I have no doubt the team would have carried out its success.

fast forward to today. A half assed owner focusing on revenue. Jed is ok with Kyle's mediocrity bc it sells tickets. Hoards of millennials and gen Z just happy to make it to the playoffs will dish out thousands of dollars, then be willing to do it over again the following year. "Superbowls aren't easy" they'll claim. "We tried our best" they'll argue. " Without Kyle it'll be 2000s all over again" they'll shout.

i think Jed is utilizing his whole ass. it's just hard without the FQB or HOF QBs that Eddie had in that era.
Eddie D.....Great Champion.....

Yorks.....

It's nothing to do with Eddie D although he was a great winner. I think the Football Gods even things out. It's hitting equilibrium now. Because we were so successful it's coming back down to earth. Plus the Yorks were so arrogant when they came on. "We win Championships." "It's what we do." They are being punished and taught respect.
Originally posted by DrEll:

You ate paint chip as a kid huh

For someone who say they are older, you sure act like a millennial and have no knowledge how football worked back in the days
So, gents, how would Eddie have got around the salary cap?
Originally posted by English:

There was a salary cap when Eddie D won his last super bowl. He brought in Deon Sanders one of the biggest free agent moves of all time.

That's how Eddie D would have handled the salary cap.

Everything he did was first class, top of the line.
Originally posted by glorydayz:

There was a salary cap when Eddie D won his last super bowl. He brought in Deon Sanders one of the biggest free agent moves of all time.

You don't know your history, and it's why you are having a hard time now

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

You don't know your history, and it's why you are having a hard time now

is that right?
lolwut

Study the histories of like 20 to 25 NFL franchises, including the Chiefs of you look at 1970 to the 2018 seasons (49 years). You'll see what cursed looks like. Our history of the last 20 years, which includes Nolan and Singletary years, is better than half of the NFL.

IT SUCKS TO LOSE SUPER BOWLS, but we are nowhere near "cursed."

That's like saying did the Patriots sell there soul for 6 rings?

No they had Tom Brady!

Tom Brady was a fan of Eddie D back in the 80's.

Eddie D was a GOD! This is why we haven't won since.
Eddie D knew what it took to win and there is nothing he wouldn't do to win.

This. Loved watching Eddie play football. No one tackled better or threw better or caught better than Eddie. Greatest player of all time.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

Study the histories of like 20 to 25 NFL franchises, including the Chiefs of you look at 1970 to the 2018 seasons (49 years). You'll see what cursed looks like. Our history of the last 20 years, which includes Nolan and Singletary years, is better than half of the NFL.

IT SUCKS TO LOSE SUPER BOWLS, but we are nowhere near "cursed."
There are no curses.. just not enough great QBs
Share 49ersWebzone