There are 188 users in the forums

Is the Thursday night game against Seattle a make or break game for the Niners?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Is the Thursday night game against Seattle a make or break game for the Niners?

Thread title says it all. And for the record, yes, I think it is. The division, right now, is booty. But, it is hard as hell to come back when you are potentially 3 games down.

Uncle Sherm laying it all out for you.
[ Edited by fropwns on Oct 7, 2024 at 1:26 PM ]
I don't think so because this season was never about the 49ers going back to the Super Bowl. What needs to happen is the team must figure out its future.

Will it become more Purdy centric with success on offense? So far that hasn't happened. Will the defense look good without key losses at linebacker and the defensive line? So far, nope.

Obviously retooling takes time but it seems evident that Deebo isn't part of our future as he isn't the same player he was three years ago. I would also toss Juice next year. We need to get better at safety and linebacker. I hope Greenlaw return helps but you never know how a player coming off an injury comes back to play.
I think we are already too broken tbh. I do not have hopes for the SEA game and KC will embarrass the s**t out of us. They got Reid and we got Sunshine lol. They are going to cook the s**t out of this guy. Beginning of the end. Hopefully, regroup, make some good changes, good hires, signings and shoot for next season.
It is definitely not a make or break game. If we lose, we are 2 games back of Seattle.

I think AZ loses at Green Bay which would still make us even with them.

We would be even with LA who have a bye this week.

Seattle I think will lose the following week at Atlanta and then at home against Buffalo.

I think we beat KC at home and then Dallas at home, especially if McCaffrey is back.

So even if we lose on Thursday, I think we are tied for first going into our bye.
Purdy against Macdonald... what can go wrong??
Originally posted by Montana:
I think we are already too broken tbh. I do not have hopes for the SEA game and KC will embarrass the s**t out of us. They got Reid and we got Sunshine lol. They are going to cook the s**t out of this guy. Beginning of the end. Hopefully, regroup, make some good changes, good hires, signings and shoot for next season.

you can win this div with maybe 9 or 10 wins. LA has no receivers. SEA lost at home to Daniel Jones. ARZ is probably the best team right now. we have 75% or so of the season to get past ARZ. beat Geno. these are not good teams right now. shoot for next season you are being silly here.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

you can win this div with maybe 9 or 10 wins. LA has no receivers. SEA lost at home to Daniel Jones. ARZ is probably the best team right now. we have 75% or so of the season to get past ARZ. beat Geno. these are not good teams right now. shoot for next season you are being silly here.

LA is actually in the perfect position. They have the best leader in the division and im sure they did not expect for this division to be such garbage while their two all pro WRs are out. They'll be there in the end.

Agreed. I think we are still a decent team but this is a transition year and people are only now starting to admit that. I remember I mentioned the team would be worse than last year during the off season and I got attacked. Heck, when I said the team would be worse when Purdy got paid people said I was nuts.

The team just needs to adapt but it feels like all it does is resign players that have gotten older and slower (looking at you Deebo)
Games gets harder after Seattle, even if we win.
Originally posted by socalfan21:
LA is actually in the perfect position. They have the best leader in the division and im sure they did not expect for this division to be such garbage while their two all pro WRs are out. They'll be there in the end.

i don't know about perfect position. Kupp has issues every year now it seems. they both may need time to come back. they are 1-4. let's not say that's perfect position. hardly. we got our guy coming back also, CMC.

Originally posted by Predator85:

Don't be so quick to look past Seattle. I dig their new coach. We may have looked past Rams and AZ and ooops. Games got harder two weeks ago not two weeks in the future. You are as good as your record.
If we lose that we are headed for a draft pick. A pretty high one. Maybe we can finally pick OT high. But of course they will ignore it. They will pick something else.
Season is over if they lose this one.
Feels make or break. They have two wins, against the Jets and Patriots. The Jets are definitely not a SB contender and the Patriots are contending for the #1 pick.

They need the win not just to even out their record but to have a win against a semi decent opponent.
Originally posted by Predator85:

But we should have our best player back McCaffrey.
Share 49ersWebzone