There are 279 users in the forums

Is the Thursday night game against Seattle a make or break game for the Niners?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Is the Thursday night game against Seattle a make or break game for the Niners?

It's a must win. Can't go 0-3 in the division and 0-4 against NFC teams. It's a death sentence. Might as well take that poison the maester concocted and feed it to yourself and children while sitting on the iron throne waiting for the enemy to arrive.
[ Edited by Silky on Oct 10, 2024 at 7:30 AM ]
Seattle isn't great. They've played a relatively weak schedule so far and barely won a couple games. The only thing that scares me is they have a couple of game breaker receivers. The Niners can't let Smith sit back there and let those guys run past our DBs.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Seattle isn't great. They've played a relatively weak schedule so far and barely won a couple games. The only thing that scares me is they have a couple of game breaker receivers. The Niners can't let Smith sit back there and let those guys run past our DBs.

We've kind of played a weak schedule too...
If the 9ers don't win tonight it's over for this season. The next opponents coming up after this game?

- KC
- DAL
- TB
- SEA
- GB

based on current performance there's a good chance they lose 4 of those upcoming games.

how the 49ers play the next 6 game stretch will determine their fate. If they can win four of the next 6 we're back in business.
[ Edited by bzborow1 on Oct 10, 2024 at 8:51 AM ]
Originally posted by Silky:
It's a must win. Can't go 0-3 in the division and 0-4 against NFC teams. It's a death sentence. Might as well take that poison the maester concocted and feed it to yourself and children while sitting on the iron throne waiting for the enemy to arrive.

I agree, a must win. And this is an analogy I can get behind
I think its must win if we are to hope to make the playoffs. A lose will further erode morale. We could easily end up a 4/5 win team. And there is no silver lining in getting a top 6 draft pick if Kyle is the one running the show he will ignore the trenches and draft an RB or WR.

Poor player personnel recruitment over the summer and recent poor drafts have not helped. Wish we could have those 3 first round draft picks back.
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Silky:

Isn't that what Kyle's already doing ?
Share 49ersWebzone