There are 279 users in the forums

Is the Thursday night game against Seattle a make or break game for the Niners?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Is the Thursday night game against Seattle a make or break game for the Niners?

Originally posted by DaleGribble:
Even if you're right is stumbling into the playoffs due to a weak division only to get obliterated by a quality team best for this teams long term future?

Getting into the playoffs is always best. You never know how things will shake out. See the 2011 Giants.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by Montana:
I think we are already too broken tbh. I do not have hopes for the SEA game and KC will embarrass the s**t out of us. They got Reid and we got Sunshine lol. They are going to cook the s**t out of this guy. Beginning of the end. Hopefully, regroup, make some good changes, good hires, signings and shoot for next season.

you can win this div with maybe 9 or 10 wins. LA has no receivers. SEA lost at home to Daniel Jones. ARZ is probably the best team right now. we have 75% or so of the season to get past ARZ. beat Geno. these are not good teams right now. shoot for next season you are being silly here.
Even if you're right is stumbling into the playoffs due to a weak division only to get obliterated by a quality team best for this teams long term future?

i wouldn't call it stumbling. you just want to make postseason. imagine we make postseason, and CMC is back at 100%. that's not stumbling. that's dangerous.

who is in the NFC? Lions, Packers, Boys, DC, Bucs, Saints, Vikings. These are the threats? They all seem pretty beatable. no true powers in this conference right now.
hate to say this, but the seahawks have everything they need this season to completely obilterate the niners

they bout to kick us while we're down
Honestly? Yes.

If we lose, we would be 2-4, Seahawks would be 4-2 and we would be 0-3 in the division and 0-1 against the Seahawks. We would basically be 2.5 games out already in the weakest division.

If we win, we would be in 1st in the division if the Cardinals lose Sunday, or at worst tied for 1st.

I really think Thursday night is as important as an early October game can get. If we lose, we're legit done. If we win, there's suddenly life again.
[ Edited by Fanaticofnfl on Oct 7, 2024 at 12:42 PM ]
Of course it is. The entire franchise has promised to commit ritual suicide if they lose. It'll be great for fan morale - no more team to root for!
  • bud49
  • Veteran
I'm wanting to see what the excuses will be in the Post Game on Thursday Night. Maybe they will come up with something new since the fans and media are getting tired of the same ole same ole. Yadda Yadda Yadda
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

Lolol I love Regan and have seen him live several times. Such a funny bit.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Getting into the playoffs is always best. You never know how things will shake out. See the 2011 Giants.

Amazing to me that some think making the playoffs is ever a bad thing, lol.
Nfc west is not great, at the end of it all we could win the division with 10 wins. Assuming we win remaining West games and go 1-1 across the board in conference. It may be lights out for top seed but who cares I don't see any all out Juggernauts in the NFC.
Usually I'd say no but with the schedule I just don't see how we come back from 2 losses down and 0-3 in the division.

Originally posted by sick9erfan:
Nfc west is not great, at the end of it all we could win the division with 10 wins. Assuming we win remaining West games and go 1-1 across the board in conference. It may be lights out for top seed but who cares I don't see any all out Juggernauts in the NFC.

The saddest thing of all we are not supposed to be in west not great discussion. Yet here we are.
normally I'd say no, because I've seen the team make the playoffs with a similar record of 2-4 (3-5, 2001), but i think this is a must win because after Seattle, 8 of the next 10 games are against 2023 playoff teams.
  • bud49
  • Veteran
Watching KC and the injuries aren't slowing them down. They just keep on keeping on. No excuses for them just win.
[ Edited by bud49 on Oct 7, 2024 at 5:57 PM ]
Originally posted by bud49:
Watching KC and the injuries aren't slowing them down. They just keep on keeping on. No excuses for them just win.

Yup..
Yes it is a must win with a loss we would be no 0-3 in division and 0-4 in conference.
Share 49ersWebzone