LISTEN: Rookie 49ers Shine Against The Seahawks →

There are 254 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS vs SEATTLE SEAHAWKS- 2024 Season Game 6

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by MBNINER90266:
I like how Sorensen figured out at the very end to switch bosa to the blind side.

This is my biggest issue with our DL this year.

It feels like we're just putting guys out there with a "go get em" game plan and expecting them to win purely on talent.

Move guys around, try a few things, search for mismatches then hammer them when you find them.

Sure, easier said than done, but it feels like there's just no questions being asked and we're supposed to win on talent.

Our ability to produce turnovers is pretty much the only thing keeping this D from looking bottom half of the league at the moment and we have way too much talent for that.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
I'm still pissed over that damn botched replay challenge. Some f**king dips**t needs to lose their job in the league office but they won't. That is by far the absolute most egregious error made in a replay review in the history of the coach's challenge being implemented.

We're pissed now, but just wait till we play the Swifty Queefs in 10 days, refs gonna own our asses
49'ers favored 1.5 points at home against Chiefs next week
Originally posted by ninerfaninnorcal:
49'ers favored 1.5 points at home against Chiefs next week

49ers can beat them, they just can't beat the refs
Originally posted by HONEYBADGER:
Originally posted by 49ersking:
The goal is to win the SB.
This team was supposed to be 5-1 or worst case 4-2
Teams seem to have long drives against this defense, sometimes at will.
Special teams are bad, and no matter how well the offense/defense plays, all you need is one mess up and it's anyone's game.

This team needs to buckle up and get ready for the long haul.

The reality of it all is the following players will leave this team without a SB ring. Some will end their careers without a SB ring.

Werner
Williams
Deebo
CMC
Juice
Kittle

Much like Patrick Willis, they have been failed by a poor front office, poor talent acquisition, and bad coaching choices. The unfortunate reality of the 49ers since the 1990s.

About the dumbest comment I've read in a while... that poor front office who picked 2 first ballet HOF's, CMC and Kittle might get in too... Jesus what a fail
If we're hard after losses seems we need to praise the win. The team played a good game and won, kudos. This game was the definition of a team effort, which has to feel good all things considered. No rest though with KC coming. Now is the teams chance to reassert itself. Let's go.
Originally posted by pillageDatazz:

There's no way we beat the Chiefs with this performance
On another look, I actually realize IG wasn't caught from behind on that long run. He did actually slide down/give himself up. He could've scored. In real time, it looked like the defender tackled him around the ankle but I think that was just part of him trying not to score.
Originally posted by Monsterniner:

There's no way we beat the Chiefs with this performance

It's irony this year and opposite may happen

Previous years, we expected a good game and even a W, but now most of us believe we'll get smoked cause we suck right now
Originally posted by ninerjok:
On another look, I actually realize IG wasn't caught from behind on that long run. He did actually slide down/give himself up. He could've scored. In real time, it looked like the defender tackled him around the ankle but I think that was just part of him trying not to score.

Sounds about right. He even had a little smirk on his face like he wasn't thrilled about doing that on purpose. He didn't even look tired

Can't even beat the refs with video evidence that their call was wrong
Team keeps catching bullets. Mustapha had an ankle; Mason's shoulder; heard some other rumblings. Just avoid injury and rest up for KC.
The game felt slipping away just like the cards and rams game but in this one it was the other team that commited crucial turnovers.

And unlike the cards game Seattle abandoned the run early even though they had the ball down one possession in the fourth. This is an indictment on Seattle's offense imo.

Two screens to Juice was asinine. One was OK, maybe trick play but two? There are at last five or six players who should be given a legit screen attempt over Juice.

Deebo BA (BA has a bit YAC in him too) Mason Guerendo Cowing Bell

Redzone woes - not sure if they were solved. Kittle is the only answer right now for endzone and a good team will look to take him away with double teams or just sticky coverage. Other than George there isn't trust in guys catching in the endzone.

Overall I'm glad they got the dub and the seat just got a lot colder. Getting a dub against KC could be a shot in the vein

Also rookies were being played, as usual out of necessity, but I thought they were promising. Green in particular needs development snaps to show out.

Quick tidbits:

Liked :

Renardo even though it was an uneven night

Odum actually making some plays in coverage

Mustapha making plays

Bosa dominating the game

Kalia Davis getting pressures in

Winters looked decent

Brock willing to take more short stuff underneath

Kittle was absolute money after dropping a lot of passes and getting blown up this sunday

Brendels last block to effectively win the game

Great to see Guerendo have that run

Did not like:

Juice screens

Purdy dancing in clean pockets again a hit too much

Deebo getting hurt. Deebo is such a big part of this team but he routinely gets hurt.

The sight of Campbell lining up against a rb on the outside, multiple times visually spells disaster. Please don't do that. A fast rb will take him to the shed.

Brendel most of the game

Oline in short yardage situations

Another quiet game by Aiyuk

Another quiet game from JJ after dealing with the hand
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Can't even beat the refs with video evidence that their call was wrong

If they allowed bear hugging Bosa in the SB they'll probably let them to body slam in regular season
Hated: special teams return TD.

If Wright can't kick off far, have Mitch kick it ou the endzone.

This teams can't cover kicks. Kick it thru the endzone every time until you show you can cover on STs. It's very very simple.
Share 49ersWebzone