LISTEN: Rookie 49ers Shine Against The Seahawks →

There are 237 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS vs SEATTLE SEAHAWKS- 2024 Season Game 6

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I can't remember the last time I saw two teams so gassed as they were in that last drive by the Seahawks...they reminded me of a couple of teams back in the late 60s, before guys really started to have this as a year-round job. Many of the pros from the 60s worked odd jobs in the offseasons. Probably just the short week?
Originally posted by Baldie:
Yeah....and Guerendos smartness by sliding before the goal line

Maybe it's just me but I don't think he slid on purpose. Lol I think the announcer was wrong - his foot was hit really good and kind of made him slide.

i could be wrong though, I just don't think it was on purpose.
Originally posted by Murphys1:
I can't remember the last time I saw two teams so gassed as they were in that last drive by the Seahawks...they reminded me of a couple of teams back in the late 60s, before guys really started to have this as a year-round job. Many of the pros from the 60s worked odd jobs in the offseasons. Probably just the short week?

There is a ton of poor play around the league right now, and injuries, I think a big part of that is that training and all that has been capped way lower.

way less practice time over the course of an off season than before. Seems like guys are out of shape or unprepared more so than I've ever seen in my life - not just niners either.

I think the players need to consider going back to the 2011 rules or so, seemed more logical and better product on the field.
Originally posted by BP13:
Originally posted by 49erKing:
Originally posted by DrEll:
Originally posted by Pteracuda:
Originally posted by DrEll:
Sad part is they will score. We will go 3 and out, and they will face a gassed defense to finish it at the end.

this will be a sad ending

That would be fitting for this season.

And so it begins

Sorry El, nothing personal, but f**k your sadass prediction :)

poor guy. he's gonna cry himself to sleep tonight

Bump for the heck of it
Originally posted by tankle104:

Maybe it's just me but I don't think he slid on purpose. Lol I think the announcer was wrong - his foot was hit really good and kind of made him slide.

I agree that he was tripped up. I don't think a rookie having his first big game would slide on purpose and sacrifice his first pro TD.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

I agree that he was tripped up. I don't think a rookie having his first big game would slide on purpose and sacrifice his first pro TD.

Yeah the defender did make contact with his ankle, and when I first saw it I thought he just got tripped up. Not sure if its been confirmed yet though.

I would of preferred him to score there though as there was still quite a bit of time and the Seahawks had all their TOs. You never know what might of happened with our offense on the goal line, especially with our redzone woes.

There is a ton of poor play around the league right now, and injuries, I think a big part of that is that training and all that has been capped way lower.

way less practice time over the course of an off season than before. Seems like guys are out of shape or unprepared more so than I've ever seen in my life - not just niners either.

I think the players need to consider going back to the 2011 rules or so, seemed more logical and better product on the field.

Doubt it. While the production has taken a noticeable dip, the nfl from players to owners have never been more wealthy. And as long as the money keeps flowing nothing will change. Integrity for the game means nothing to them.
[ Edited by RiceOwensStokes on Oct 11, 2024 at 7:12 AM ]
Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:

Doubt it. While the production has taken a noticeable dip, the nfl from players to owners have never been more wealthy. And as long as the money keeps flowing nothing will change. Integrity for the game means nothing to them.
This ^^

Just played Sunday with 95-100 degree temps, 3 days rest. Let's see you do it better.

Agreed, I think the plan was that players would train on their own during the off season and figure out what works best for them heading into camp and the season….clearly it hasn't worked. You guys overworking like CMC, holdouts all over the place and other players not putting in the proper work themselves.

he obviously slid. you're not gonna get tackled into a feet first baseball slide. ain't how that works. he admits he heard ppl on the sideline saying go down.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
he obviously slid. you're not gonna get tackled into a feet first baseball slide. ain't how that works. he admits he heard ppl on the sideline saying go down.

That looked more like a stumble than a planned slide. Kyle says he was tripped.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

That looked more like a stumble than a planned slide. Kyle says he was tripped.

some of the guys are trying to save face for the rook. in my mind he went down on his own 100%, he says as much himself. when he talks about being told to go down.
he admits he went down on his own, calling it a 'business decision'

he admits he went down on his own, calling it a 'business decision'

Sounds like an excuse for getting caught. It made no sense to go down on purpose. That TD would put them up be 2 scores and hardly any time left on the clock.
Share 49ersWebzone