LISTEN: Rookie 49ers Shine Against The Seahawks →

There are 241 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS vs SEATTLE SEAHAWKS- 2024 Season Game 6

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by bmvanthiel:
Purdy is really good but I question how clutch he is.

Lol
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
he admits he went down on his own, calling it a 'business decision'

Sounds like an excuse for getting caught. It made no sense to go down on purpose. That TD would put them up be 2 scores and hardly any time left on the clock.

To me it looked like Guerendo slowed down a bit, and Witherspoon caught up and was able to nick Guerendo's ankle... Guerendo went down easy. He could have fought to gain balance and more yardage. Maybe clear the goalline, but he didn't. So, I think it was a combination of things, but Guerendo did look to slow down to get caught.
Originally posted by fly15:

Lol

He doesn't need to be clutch. He's automatic. Noclutch needed.
[ Edited by CatchMaster80 on Oct 11, 2024 at 8:42 AM ]
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:

Sounds like an excuse for getting caught. It made no sense to go down on purpose. That TD would put them up be 2 scores and hardly any time left on the clock.

To me it looked like Guerendo slowed down a bit, and Witherspoon caught up and was able to nick Guerendo's ankle... Guerendo went down easy. He could have fought to gain balance and more yardage. Maybe clear the goalline, but he didn't. So, I think it was a combination of things, but Guerendo did look to slow down to get caught.

Probably got tired. Hasn't had to run that many yards in ages…
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Lol

Lol Lol
Before his big run i thought he was playing well when he came in for Mason last night. No big runs but had some positive gains which was nice to see. Then i thought he got into the doghouse somehow when Taylor got a couple series.

He's already contributed more than the other RBs we drafted aside from Elijah Mitchell.

Joe Williams
Ty Davis-Price
Trey Sermon

he gets up confident after he slides down. it's really obvious imo. remember this guy has 4.3 he is housing it if he wants. he didn't want to.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Just watched that play again, Guerendo definitely gave himself up. The defender swiped at Guerendo but he immediately dropped on his knees.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Just watched that play again, Guerendo definitely gave himself up. The defender swiped at Guerendo but he immediately dropped on his knees.

no doubt about it. i say just go in. unless the slide gets to a kneel down situation. i don't think it was a kneel down situation, or we would have done kneeldowns. but he was just trying to be heads up and make the team first decision.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Lol

Lol Lol

Lol lol lol

Whoever that was trying to block Metcalf on the Green interception deserves some award for bravery. Metcalf lowered his shoulder and boomed him.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Whoever that was trying to block Metcalf on the Green interception deserves some award for bravery. Metcalf lowered his shoulder and boomed him.

Saw that, too. I believe it was Odum. He got walloped.
ISAAC " HERSCHEL " GUERENDO
[ Edited by 9moon on Oct 11, 2024 at 10:09 AM ]

he gets up confident after he slides down. it's really obvious imo. remember this guy has 4.3 he is housing it if he wants. he didn't want to.

You guys have to remember that run 4.3 and running 80 yards are two very different things. It doesn't mean they can maintain those speed, in full pads during a long game, past 40 yards. Lol

Brock is the perfect example in that he is extremely quick/fast in 10 yards but super average past that. Lol

guerendo is fast for his size but he doesn't look 4.3 fast to me on long runs. He runs outta gas, IMO. Still an awesome play.
Puni, just what this OL needed...good young talent.

Good showing by the rookies last night:

Share 49ersWebzone