LISTEN: Rookie 49ers Shine Against The Seahawks →

There are 221 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS vs SEATTLE SEAHAWKS- 2024 Season Game 6

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by tankle104:
You guys have to remember that run 4.3 and running 80 yards are two very different things. It doesn't mean they can maintain those speed, in full pads during a long game, past 40 yards. Lol

Brock is the perfect example in that he is extremely quick/fast in 10 yards but super average past that. Lol

guerendo is fast for his size but he doesn't look 4.3 fast to me on long runs. He runs outta gas, IMO. Still an awesome play.

he didn't get caught, he went down on his own. if they clipped his heel it's only cuz he's gearing down. cuz he chose to go into the slide.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by bmvanthiel:
Purdy is really good but I question how clutch he is.

Lol

He doesn't need to be clutch. He's automatic. Noclutch needed.

Stealing this quote lol
Looking back I think Seattle really messed up abandoning the run. It was a one score game midway through the fourth and if they took a page out of Cards book and ran the ball I think the result could have been different. Instead they made Geno throw the ball fifty plus times against a D he clearly isn't comfortable throwing against.
  • thl408
I had Chip Kelly flashbacks watching SEA go up tempo, no huddle, in the middle of the game.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
You guys have to remember that run 4.3 and running 80 yards are two very different things. It doesn't mean they can maintain those speed, in full pads during a long game, past 40 yards. Lol

Brock is the perfect example in that he is extremely quick/fast in 10 yards but super average past that. Lol

guerendo is fast for his size but he doesn't look 4.3 fast to me on long runs. He runs outta gas, IMO. Still an awesome play.

he didn't get caught, he went down on his own. if they clipped his heel it's only cuz he's gearing down. cuz he chose to go into the slide.

I've watched it a bunch of times and I just don't think he internally went down. lol idc what he says in the media. I think Witherspoon is fast and tripped him up.

it doesn't even make that much sense to not score? It was still a one score game. We NEEDED points there to feel secure about winning whether that's a field goal or touchdown. But points aren't guaranteed at that point with our kicker banged up?

It's not a terrible move to stop right before the TD but also wasn't very smart - make the game two scores and let it play out. Lol
Let's not act like this is the first time Guerrendo has been caught from behind in a huge long play.
[ Edited by tankle104 on Oct 11, 2024 at 12:51 PM ]

I've watched it a bunch of times and I just don't think he internally went down. lol idc what he says in the media. I think Witherspoon is fast and tripped him up.

it doesn't even make that much sense to not score? It was still a one score game. We NEEDED points there to feel secure about winning whether that's a field goal or touchdown. But points aren't guaranteed at that point with our kicker banged up?

It's not a terrible move to stop right before the TD but also wasn't very smart - make the game two scores and let it play out. Lol
Let's not act like this is the first time Guerrendo has been caught from behind in a huge long play.

Yep and we could of easily fumbled the ball on the goal line on the next play. Unless the game was over if he went down, then I would always go for the points.
If we go 3-0 in the other division games, 9-8 probably wins the division.

Otherwise, 10-7 probably wins the division.

Sound about right?

He had going down when he got closer all along. All players would have cut towards the middle if they wanted to score.
Maybe it's just me but I don't think he slid on purpose. Lol I think the announcer was wrong - his foot was hit really good and kind of made him slide.

i could be wrong though, I just don't think it was on purpose.

agreed.
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
If we go 3-0 in the other division games, 9-8 probably wins the division.

Otherwise, 10-7 probably wins the division.

Sound about right?

14-3

Originally posted by random49er:
Maybe it's just me but I don't think he slid on purpose. Lol I think the announcer was wrong - his foot was hit really good and kind of made him slide.

agreed.

no way on earth you get caught from behind and go into a foot first slide on your fanny. doesn't happen.

Originally posted by Seattle49er:
Originally posted by Murphys1:
I can't remember the last time I saw two teams so gassed as they were in that last drive by the Seahawks...they reminded me of a couple of teams back in the late 60s, before guys really started to have this as a year-round job. Many of the pros from the 60s worked odd jobs in the offseasons. Probably just the short week?

Just played Sunday with 95-100 degree temps, 3 days rest. Let's see you do it better.

Me? What do I have to do with it? Just said they looked gassed....as I said, "Probably just the short week."
Originally posted by the_dynasty:
Looking back I think Seattle really messed up abandoning the run. It was a one score game midway through the fourth and if they took a page out of Cards book and ran the ball I think the result could have been different. Instead they made Geno throw the ball fifty plus times against a D he clearly isn't comfortable throwing against.

They ran the ball for a grand total of 52 yards in the game. They didn't abandon anything, they never had a run game last night.
Originally posted by random49er:

agreed.

no way on earth you get caught from behind and go into a foot first slide on your fanny. doesn't happen.

Agreed. The footage is clear to me and if it isn't, how do you get clipped or caught by the ankle from behind into a baseball slide. Makes zero sense. He slid on purpose. Period.
Butt hurt seahawk fans over their stadium getting taken over

https://www.reddit.com/r/Seahawks/s/UPilYunfz5
Share 49ersWebzone