There are 235 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS vs SEATTLE SEAHAWKS- 2024 Season Game 6

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Butt hurt seahawk fans over their stadium getting taken over

https://www.reddit.com/r/Seahawks/s/UPilYunfz5

I pointed all the red out to my elderly grandma who's a diehard hawks fan and she was less than pleased.

A bit later she says "at least they booed them for that catch!" I didn't have the heart to tell her that was actually a roaring "JUIIIIICE" chant after Kyle snagged a catch :/

Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by bmvanthiel:
Purdy is really good but I question how clutch he is.

Lol

Lol Lol

What was so clutch in Thurs game that changed? Theres been many times now where Purdy comes up short when we really need it.
1:51 tie game vs the Rams. We end up punting and lose.
1:37 down by one vs the Cards. Ends in INT and we lose.

I thought a defining drive from the Seattle game was the drive that started at 12:34 in the 4th qtr. We're up 6 and desperately need an answer as all momentum was lost. End up punting.

Luckily Green came up clutch with the INT and gave the offense the ball minutes later on Seattles 15 yard line.

Lol

Lol Lol

What was so clutch in Thurs game that changed? Theres been many times now where Purdy comes up short when we really need it.

I thought a defining drive from the Seattle game was the drive that started at 12:34 in the 4th qtr. We're up 6 and desperately need an answer as all momentum was lost. End up punting.

Luckily Green came up clutch with the INT and gave the offense the ball minutes later on Seattles 15 yard line.
He comes in clutch every game, it's the very reason we have been great since he's started

how do you think we ended up 23-3 at half ? Well it's because Purdy got first downs with his feet when no one was open.

now if you want to knock him because he can't be perfect every time, that is just ridiculous
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Oct 12, 2024 at 10:59 AM ]
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Lol

Lol Lol

He comes in clutch every game, it's the very reason we have been great since he's started

how do you think we ended up 23-3 at half ? Well it's because Purdy got first downs with his feet when no one was open.

now if you want to knock him because he can't be perfect every time, that is just ridiculous
This ^^

Lol

Lol Lol

I dont understand your argument. I'm not saying Purdy isn't good or anything like that. He's great and I'm a huge fan. I'm questioning his performance in high pressure situations where he's basically down. I just haven't seen a lot of it from him yet. Kind of like how you knew if Brady or Mahomes would get the ball back down one score they were damn near automatic to score.
I dont understand your argument. I'm not saying Purdy isn't good or anything like that. He's great and I'm a huge fan. I'm questioning his performance in high pressure situations where he's basically down. I just haven't seen a lot of it from him yet. Kind of like how you knew if Brady or Mahomes would get the ball back down one score they were damn near automatic to score.

Hard to succeed in these scenarios with a coach that doesn't prepare for pass only situations. Aiyuk gave us some incite on Kyle while discussing the final drive last year in Cleveland, "Kyle didn't know what to do, he didn't know what to call"

It's been mentioned by reporters that they never practice hurry up or a 2 minute drills, and it shows. Kyle needs to be better
[ Edited by CharlieSheen on Oct 13, 2024 at 10:02 AM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Lol

Lol Lol

You mean like last season in the division game and NFCC when both times in those games he was down by 7 points or more? Was that not clutch enough for you? How bout in 2022 vs Dallas when it was a defensive battle and Purdy and the offense kept the 9ers in the game? Is that enough?

Don't even bring up Mahomes, the f**kin refs help KC so much I don't even consider Mahomes clutch.
I just saw the airing of the game on NFL network. Is it me, or was the view of the game really bad? Seemed like cameras were far away, just made it difficult to watch. Maybe if was just NFL network's version, and not the actual live game footage? I also wasn't so thrilled about that arcade-style highlighting of the players.
Originally posted by DrEll:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Butt hurt seahawk fans over their stadium getting taken over

https://www.reddit.com/r/Seahawks/s/UPilYunfz5

I pointed all the red out to my elderly grandma who's a diehard hawks fan and she was less than pleased.

A bit later she says "at least they booed them for that catch!" I didn't have the heart to tell her that was actually a roaring "JUIIIIICE" chant after Kyle snagged a catch :/

Oh man this is beautiful. I remember dreading going into their stadium cause it was so loud, but it's cool hearing the juice chants loudly in their stadiums.
  • DrEll
  • Veteran

Lol

Lol Lol

I agree. He's very good. Best we've had since Garcia to be honest. Clutch ? No way. If I have 2 minutes left on the clock and I have to pick my quarterbacks to make that final drive, Brock doesn't qualify top 5.

I wouldn't pay him 60m this offseason….

with that said, I'm still a huge fan and enjoy watching him. He's a really good quarterback, just not elite.

Originally posted by CharlieSheen:

Hard to succeed in these scenarios with a coach that doesn't prepare for pass only situations. Aiyuk gave us some incite on Kyle while discussing the final drive last year in Cleveland, "Kyle didn't know what to do, he didn't know what to call"

It's been mentioned by reporters that they never practice hurry up or a 2 minute drills, and it shows. Kyle needs to be better

This is actually false. Kyle has said they don't setup scrimmage scenarios where they're down by two scores, but he is on record saying they always practice the two minute drill, and that we do ours on Wednesdays.
I agree. He's very good. Best we've had since Garcia to be honest. Clutch ? No way. If I have 2 minutes left on the clock and I have to pick my quarterbacks to make that final drive, Brock doesn't qualify top 5.

with that said, I'm still a huge fan and enjoy watching him. He's a really good quarterback, just not elite.

Honestly, I feel like there's a bit too much recency bias with this clutch stuff. I think Brock has been a lot more clutch than some give him credit for. 3 of his 6 playoff wins he was credited with game winning drives.

While he missed Aiyuk against LA, he hit Bell in the hands to setup a game winning score or more time chewed off to seal it. Bell screwed us.

Last year he drove us down for the game winning FG against Cleveland. Moody missed.

I do think he deserves blame for the ending against Arizona and then Minnesota last year (although he was playing concussed at that point so may not even be fair to include that one). But no one is gonna get it done every time.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Oct 13, 2024 at 1:47 PM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

This is actually false. Kyle has said they don't setup scrimmage scenarios where they're down by two scores, but he is on record saying they always practice the two minute drill, and that we do ours on Wednesdays.

So they practice it about 17 times all year? That's why they suck at it. He needs to be more detailed
  • DrEll
  • Veteran

Honestly, I feel like there's a bit too much recency bias with this clutch stuff. I think Brock has been a lot more clutch than some give him credit for. 3 of his 6 playoff wins he was credited with game winning drives.

While he missed Aiyuk against LA, he hit Bell in the hands to setup a game winning score or more time chewed off to seal it. Bell screwed us.

Last year he drove us down for the game winning FG against Cleveland. Moody missed.

I do think he deserves blame for the ending against Arizona and then Minnesota last year (although he was playing concussed at that point so may not even be fair to include that one). But no one is gonna get it done every time.

I agree. I think he's an excellent quarterback. I don't get the jitters when he's handling the ball like I did with Jimmy. But is he clutch ? Yea, I'll concede he's come up big at times for us. But he's certainly not elite. Not 60 million dollar elite…

So they practice it about 17 times all year? That's why they suck at it. He needs to be more detailed

hey I was just noting a small inaccuracy! IDK if we practice it more or not now, or how practice is structured, but I would be a proponent of more than once too lol.
Share 49ersWebzone