49ERS vs CHIEFS Pregame Thread - 2024 Season Week 7

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by Fasteddy:
Originally posted by Crown:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by Silky:
When is Dre getting back. And CMC? We need those guys so so badly

No timeline for either. I doubt we see either one before the bye week and maybe not until the last month of the season.

thats what I am thinking as well.

Has anyone seen a prognosis on Greenlaw. His injury was serious, and his play requires speed. I hope he comes back well, as he's a serious difference makers. As for CMC, since it's tendonitis, I'd rather he stay out longer and come back ready for the last 5-6 games of the season and playoffs.

Once the achilles is repaired and the necessary rehab is complete it's healed. The question of whether he's the same player or not is of course unknown and only Dre will be able to answer that. We've seen guys come back and it clearly affects them. We've seen guys come back and not miss a beat.

Hopefully Dre is one of those guys who comes back and we see the same player. I don't think keeping him out longer will be helpful though. if anything you'd want him to shake off the rust. It's not like the foot would get any healthier once fully healed.

Well my comment on longer was in relation to CMC. But good to hear on Greenlaw - a big piece of his skill is the sideline to sideline speed and ability to change direction. He and Warner enforcing the middle together is significant.
I bought tickets to this game back in May or June, and I'm now thinking I might not want to go.

To sell the tickets or go?
Not sure I'm looking forward to this game much. Our annual beatdown by the Chiefs. Or can we win one this time?
  • thl408
Originally posted by KittleMeThis:
I bought tickets to this game back in May or June, and I'm now thinking I might not want to go.

Sell it to a Swiftie for a huge markup. They'll pay a lot to be in the vicinity of Swift.
Be good to get these guys back this week too

Mason was practicing as well
SF favored right now lol. Quick easy money
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by KittleMeThis:

Sell it to a Swiftie for a huge markup. They'll pay a lot to be in the vicinity of Swift.

Haha smart! wonder if she'll even be there.
Originally posted by ninersrule4:

Niners would be 4.5 point dogs in kc

Weren't you saying the Seahawks were gonna knock the bottom out of our asses? Just wondering if your doing the Kolohe reverse jinx move or if you genuinely don't understand football

I know there are players and staff telling their family members to bet on the Chiefs. 👀

Usually I'm confident going into games, but last Thursday's game didn't install new found faith in Kyle and the team (mainly against talented teams). I actually wouldn't be mad if we lost. I just don't think we are playing our best right now, and it might take some more games before we get in rhythm.

We'll see.

I will say if we are not ready for those Jet plays to Bosa's side, I'll lose my f**king mind.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Oct 14, 2024 at 3:36 PM ]
Since the taste of the super bowl loss is recent, I hope we can mimic what we did to the Eagles last year and do it to the Chiefs.... Highly unlikely since they have a better coach and the refs, but that would be so awesome and the confidence booster the team needs if we meet em again.
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Afrikan:

I know there are players and staff telling their family members to bet on the Chiefs. 👀

Usually I'm confident going into games, but last Thursday's game didn't install new found faith in Kyle and the team (mainly against talented teams). I actually wouldn't be mad if we lost. I just don't think we are playing our best right now, and it might take some more games before we get in rhythm.

We'll see.

I will say if we are not ready for those Jet plays to Bosa's side, I'll lose my f**king mind.

Yea agreed. Not expecting it to be close. TBPH if we're gonna lose, I hope they finish us off early so we can move on with the day. Death by a thousand papers is agonizingly painful (see both Super Bowls for reference)…
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Since the taste of the super bowl loss is recent, I hope we can mimic what we did to the Eagles last year and do it to the Chiefs.... Highly unlikely since they have a better coach and the refs, but that would be so awesome and the confidence booster the team needs if we meet em again.

The difference being we knew we were better than the Eagles even if that NFCC game. We lost bc we ran out of players. The Chiefs are just a better franchise at this point. One could say they're our daddy (Pedro Martinez accent voice). Kind of jealous of them to be honest. How the trajectories of two franchises changed because of one choke job by a head coach
Originally posted by DrEll:
Yea agreed. Not expecting it to be close. TBPH if we're gonna lose, I hope they finish us off early so we can move on with the day. Death by a thousand papers is agonizingly painful (see both Super Bowls for reference)…

so you're hoping for a KC blowout this game? Pretty pathetic, even for you, lol
Share 49ersWebzone