LISTEN: Brock Purdy's Critics Don't Live In Reality →

There are 188 users in the forums

49ERS vs CHIEFS Pregame Thread - 2024 Season Week 7

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I just don't see anyway the 9ers can win this one. That's why I put $300 on the Chiefs.

Spoken like a true die hard!

I see a lot of ways they can win if they play their best football. Of course they need to have their best game yet especially on D, but to see no way they can win? I see it as 49/51 split favoring the Chiefs slightly. They haven't been exactly lighting it up. Remember when the eagles were 10-0 and then faced us? We can beat the Chiefs
I just don't see anyway the 9ers can win this one. That's why I put $300 on the Chiefs.

ARe you serious? Yeah, they may lose, but are you really writing them off like it's 2004 version of the 49ers going up against the defending champs? KC average margin of victory is just a td this year. To me it's a 50/50 game. I wouldn't be surprised by any outcome except a blowout loss to the Chiefs (anti-jinx).
Originally posted by Silky:

I see a lot of ways they can win if they play their best football. Of course they need to have their best game yet especially on D, but to see no way they can win? I see it as 49/51 split favoring the Chiefs slightly. They haven't been exactly lighting it up. Remember when the eagles were 10-0 and then faced us? We can beat the Chiefs

The overtime SB loss seems to have broken many of our fans. At the end of the day it's just football, and the 49ers can win this game. Last 2 losses had epic meltdowns and still only lost both by a combined 4 points.
This is also a different KC team. No Sneed, no Pacheco, no Rice. And KC ranks low in several offensive stats, and have been playing in very close games.
It's never easy playing Reid, Spags, Mahomes, Kelce, Jones, etc. But if the 49ers limit turnovers and penalties, they should win this game.
Originally posted by BP13:

The overtime SB loss seems to have broken many of our fans. At the end of the day it's just football, and the 49ers can win this game. Last 2 losses had epic meltdowns and still only lost both by a combined 4 points.
This is also a different KC team. No Sneed, no Pacheco, no Rice. And KC ranks low in several offensive stats, and have been playing in very close games.
It's never easy playing Reid, Spags, Mahomes, Kelce, Jones, etc. But if the 49ers limit turnovers and penalties, they should win this game.

KC is the current version of the Cowboys in 1990s. The Niners eventually got past them and won the SB.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:

At least then you can be happy no matter the result of the game.

You almost got it.
Originally posted by 49erKing:

ARe you serious? Yeah, they may lose, but are you really writing them off like it's 2004 version of the 49ers going up against the defending champs? KC average margin of victory is just a td this year. To me it's a 50/50 game. I wouldn't be surprised by any outcome except a blowout loss to the Chiefs (anti-jinx).

I don't like our chances either. Reid is really good coming off a bye and we have a severe defensive liability with Devondre Campbell he's going to exploit.
  • DrEll
  • Veteran

That's the sad part. We have to play lights out, AND they have to play half asses. Any other combo and we're toast…
Originally posted by DrEll:
That's the sad part. We have to play lights out, AND they have to play half asses. Any other combo and we're toast…

At least you are not guaranteeing a loss just yet like you did in the seahawks gameday thread, midgame. What if they play full-ass and we play quarter-ass?
Originally posted by BP13:

Is this an unwinnable game? Absolutely not! SF has a great roster that is capable of beating any team in the league. I think defeating the Chiefs would be more of a psychological victory for the 49ers (and their fans), proof that they can slay the dragon.
[ Edited by bzborow1 on Oct 15, 2024 at 9:15 AM ]
I don't understand how the Chiefs are 5-0. They've looked pretty meh all season

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

We have a chance if they bench or cut Campbell. #59 will have a big target on his back and Andy Reid will exploit it all game long. Also Green needs to play instead of Yiadom.

They have a good defense.
  • da209
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Wrathman:
We have a chance if they bench or cut Campbell. #59 will have a big target on his back and Andy Reid will exploit it all game long. Also Green needs to play instead of Yiadom.

If we win it's because we play mistake free football and 59 plays lights out . I don't want to see Kelce go of on us
[ Edited by da209 on Oct 15, 2024 at 10:05 AM ]

Definitely their 12th man. Which is why if we want to win this game we have to be playing a CLEAN game on all sides.

Play as a team, everyone do your job. No stupid mistakes and stay alert on defense cuz Chiefs will try their stupid lateral BS if we give them a good look. Just one of these times I'd love for them to fumble it away doing that, would love that to happen against us.
Share 49ersWebzone