LISTEN: Brock Purdy's Critics Don't Live In Reality →

There are 130 users in the forums

49ERS vs CHIEFS Pregame Thread - 2024 Season Week 7

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by Koldo:
I totally expect us to have the lead most of the game only to get Kyle'd in the 4th quarter.

Was a rough Thursday night. Keep those fingers crossed for the L.
Some people get off on their team losing. Weird..
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by asu49ers:
Andy Reid is 28-3 coming off of a bye. It's going to be a tough one that's for sure
on the road in those 3 losses.. so uh we got that going for us which is nice

So you're saying there's a chance!!!
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
I totally expect us to have the lead most of the game only to get Kyle'd in the 4th quarter.

Whatever, champ.
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by zeppfan1:

See "Shannafans in Super Bowls"
[ Edited by Koldo on Oct 12, 2024 at 12:41 PM ]
We dread the Chiefs like Seattle dreads us.

I feel like we got a 25% chance with Sunshine. Being generous lol. Our D made improvements but DK was pretty much crap in that last one. As well as Geno. So screwed . Likely will skip out on this one..still stings from the damn SB..and the one before that. .

Fk KC and that whiney b***h Mahomes!! Lol
Offensively the Niners and Chiefs have been very similar this year: get yards but difficulty in the red zone, turnovers at key times. Statistically they match here pretty much across the board on a per game basis.

Where KC has the edge is on Defense and especially Special Teams. I have some optimism that the SB film will help out offense against their defense a little bit. However, their ST should dominate ours, and thst difference could be the thing that wins it for them. Out defense could also be the balm that Mahomes needs to get his season churning.

I think the Niners have a better chance than people think, but obviously KC are the favorites here.

Shana_FANS enjoy losing Super Bowl after Super Bowl with a lead. While they continue to ride this guy. Like he's the best coach in NFL history. Better than Walsh and Belichick.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Oct 12, 2024 at 1:46 PM ]
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Shana_FANS enjoy losing Super Bowl after Super Bowl with a lead. While they continue to rid this guy. Like he's the best coach in NFL history. Better than Walsh and Belichick.

Stop trolling.
Shanahan is 0-and what against the chiefs?
Originally posted by Alfienator:
Shanahan is 0-and what against the chiefs?

I don't know. I can't remember him winning one. Got to be mostly all losses. I would like to see him beat Andy Reid just once in a lifetime. Even regular season. Just for fun.

Shanahan is 0-4 against the Chiefs.

2018 - game Jimmy G tore his ACL at the end of
2019 - SB 54
2022 - CMC's first game for SF after arriving two days before. Of the losses this was the least competitive one for SF
2023 - SB 58

EDIT

If you're the type of person that counts SB 51 against Kyle's record then let's look at him vs. Reid as OC.

Houston OC - No games vs. Reid's Eagles

Washington OC

2010 - 1-1 vs. Reid's Eagles
2011 - 0-2 vs. Reid's Eagles
2012 - 2-0 vs. Reid's Eagles
2013 - 0-1 vs. Reid's Chiefs

Cleveland OC - No games vs. Reid's Chiefs

Atlanta OC

2016 - 0-1 vs. Reid's Chiefs

3-5 Record, but of course under a variety of HC with different DCs.
[ Edited by captveg on Oct 12, 2024 at 1:35 PM ]

Shana_FANS enjoy losing Super Bowl after Super Bowl with a lead. While they continue to rid this guy. Like he's the best coach in NFL history. Better than Walsh and Belichick.
I can't think of anyone in this forum who thinks like this, lol. Most are reasoned individuals.

Hmmm... I get the feeling that the psychology of this kind of stuff is that some people need everything divided up into an 'us and them' - Shannyfans / Trey-mates / whatever, so they have an outlet for their vitriol. Ends up being nothing about the actual topic itself, more about tribal energy.
Not really looking forward to this game.
The NFL schedule-makers (who are Seahawks fans no doubt) SCREW the Niners AGAIN:

49ers coming off a TNF game and SHOULD have had rest advantage for their next game…BUT NOOOO—their next opponent? The Chiefs who are coming off their full BYE and will have 14 days off!!! The rare time all season when Niners should be having a rest and practice advantage (other than after their own BYE, when they face a short-weeked TB Bucs who've just played the Chiefs on MNF) AND ITS NEGATED!!!!
f**kEN b******t!!!

Last year, Niners faced like 4 or 5 teams coming off their BYE it seemed.
[ Edited by Dr_Bill_Walsh on Oct 12, 2024 at 1:40 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone