LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 243 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS vs KANSAS CITY CHIEFS - 2024 Season Game 7

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by pillageDatazz:
Xavier Worthy is super fast, who will cover, do they double him all day??

The Niners DBs may get called for a few defensive holding penalties. If Worthy looks like he's going to run right by grab him before the ball is in the air. Better to get a 15 yard penalty than allow a long TD or get a PI downfield.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NYniner85:

lmfao.

Isn't Purdy ranked #1 when the defense blitz?

Was watching SB replay yesterday, and Spags is a wiz with blitzes
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by pillageDatazz:
Xavier Worthy is super fast, who will cover, do they double him all day??

The Niners DBs may get called for a few defensive holding penalties. If Worthy looks like he's going to run right by grab him before the ball is in the air. Better to get a 15 yard penalty than allow a long TD or get a PI downfield.

you gotta shove and redirect that guy at the los. now they will get cute and put him in the backfield to get a clean release or corn dog him.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Why do kickers need shoulders, I thought they didn't have any?

Seriously though, if this new kicker (who doesn't have a good track record) misses the game winning FG, cut his ass immediately after the game along with the ST coach.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Seriously though, if this new kicker (who doesn't have a good track record) misses the game winning FG, cut his ass immediately after the game along with the ST coach.

we are on our 3rd kicker, and you would cut the ST coach? as if the ST coach has any plan for making the kicker hit his kick. kicks are 100% on the kicker operation, meaning snap, hold and kicker. i think the attitude has to be we are a Dan Campbell squad this week. we go for 4th and shorts. that's just a good idea vs KC and with a 3rd kicker also. gonna take some rolls of the dice to win.

lmfao.

Yup
Yup

lot of these stats are team stats. takes the protection, the pass catchers, the playcaller and QB all coming together.

lmfao.

Yup

God I hope Shanny don't get too cute and over think this If Purdy is number 1 against the blitz and KC the worst passing defense when NOT blitzing it should be easy pickings. But something tell me that Shanny is gonna over think this

Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
God I hope Shanny don't get too cute and over think this If Purdy is number 1 against the blitz and KC the worst passing defense when NOT blitzing it should be easy pickings. But something tell me that Shanny is gonna over think this

seems the challenge we have is they will put 5 up front really get stacked in there to handle our run. we don't run well on these guys, so you get in 3rd and pass and that's when the blitz can come from anywhere. if we can't get Mason going it's gonna be a hard game to win. see if brock can hit some early game throws to get them off the line of scrimmage.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

we are on our 3rd kicker, and you would cut the ST coach? as if the ST coach has any plan for making the kicker hit his kick. kicks are 100% on the kicker operation, meaning snap, hold and kicker. i think the attitude has to be we are a Dan Campbell squad this week. we go for 4th and shorts. that's just a good idea vs KC and with a 3rd kicker also. gonna take some rolls of the dice to win.

`ST coach has say in who he wants as his kicker. And his ST's has been crap this season.
  • DrEll
  • Veteran

…or Kyle could acknowledge that he has a 3rd kicker in as many weeks and maybe plan a more aggressive approach on offense that doesn't depend on the kicker so much. In other words, how about playing to win instead of playing not to lose.

something tells me this will go over his head…

lmfao.

Yup
Only in 5pm start games
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:

seems the challenge we have is they will put 5 up front really get stacked in there to handle our run. we don't run well on these guys, so you get in 3rd and pass and that's when the blitz can come from anywhere. if we can't get Mason going it's gonna be a hard game to win. see if brock can hit some early game throws to get them off the line of scrimmage.

Screens screens screens to keep them honest. I don't get why Kyle doesn't get this. He designs TE screens, WR screens, FB! screens, but no RB screens.
Share 49ersWebzone