There are 252 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS vs KANSAS CITY CHIEFS - 2024 Season Game 7

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by bud49:
Chiefs are 6-0 for a reason. It will take a great pass rush and an elite QB to dethrone these dudes. When the money was down Brady was the last to do it and last I checked that team had a good rush and he was elite.

Chiefs looked like a shady 5-0 before they came to town. Now they'll be heralded as an all time team after they exposed us.
Outclassed in every aspect of the game.

Let's face it, this team is never going to beat the Chiefs. Start the rebuild now, maybe by the time the new team is peaking the Chiefs will have been blown up and parted out so we will have a chance.

This team will never win a SB.
Originally posted by 49ERnation:
Was a slap in the face to the chiefs to have us favored this week to win we should never be favored to beat the chiefs again

I'm not a betting man but I was considering putting big money down on the Chiefs lol
Originally posted by 49erKing:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by Leathaface:
This loss is not on the defense. They turned Mahomes over twice, got a 4th down stop, and forced 3 punts.

If the defense gives up more than 17-points in any given game, the defense is to blame. Period. End of story. Debate over.

Mahomes torched the defense through all four quarters. They not only failed. The defense was a massive failure. Accept it. Move on.

Wow ur serious. Purdy is to blame for the loss, plain and simple

Purdy definitely played his worst game ever.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Do people now realize that the Super bowl hangover is real

This team was never as good as last year though, we lost chase young which is better than Floyd , we lost that veteran safety, our safeties are s**t, brown is s**t, malik looks promising but a rookie , we lost armstead , and on offense no cmc

Armstead isn't good this year. Chase was eh last years. You are spot on about the safeties however. Need a soft rebuild.

Yeah Armstead is past his prime and getting injured too much. It was good we cut him
  • bud49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DrEll:
Chiefs are 6-0 for a reason. It will take a great pass rush and an elite QB to dethrone these dudes. When the money was down Brady was the last to do it and last I checked that team had a good rush and he was elite.

Chiefs looked like a shady 5-0 before they came to town. Now they'll be heralded as an all time team after they exposed us.

Neither team today should be bragging about their performance. They both looked terrible, but both was playing with backups at key positions.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Purdy definitely played his worst game ever.

Agreed. He's not playing well this year.
As far as the game I feel like we are taking the final exam (chiefs) early in the semester (season). I feel this team building towards full health and play by mid Nov -Jan. We are going to be facing a rough road to the big game as we are not there yet.

What won that Super Bowl for Brady and the Bucs was them going all in before half time to extend their lead on Mahomes and the Chiefs even more. Where as Kyle gets scared about messing up or leaving the opposing team too much time.
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DrEll:

Neither team today should be bragging about their performance. They both looked terrible, but both was playing with backups at key positions.

KC looks like a contender. We did not. KC should definitely be bragging…

Glad Brock showed out in the SB because he plays like crap against good defense. Shanny equally at fault with his poor performance.
  • KiwiM
  • Veteran
Teams nearly always take a step back the season after a Super Bowl loss

It happened to the Eagles

It happened to us in 2020

It happened to the Rams

It happened to the Bengals

etc etc

This season was always going to be a struggle.

Not sying Shanahan etc don't deserve blame but you could see this season coming a mile off
  • bud49
  • Veteran
Worse thing in this game today was the Hero ball and the TO's they were avoidable and came at key times of the game when at least three points could have been gained. Someone needs to take a hard look in the mirror after this game or the game film. I for one do not want to see that type of boneheaded play again.
[ Edited by bud49 on Oct 20, 2024 at 4:49 PM ]
Couldn't Purdy do something for the good of the team and settle for $20 million---So what if it pisses off NFL Players Association. How about an incentive laden contract---do a few more commercials. Hope Aiyuk enjoys the extra 2-4 million he squeezed out. They should have told he to take a hike.
  • bud49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Afrikan:

What won that Super Bowl for Brady and the Bucs was them going all in before half time to extend their lead on Mahomes and the Chiefs even more. Where as Kyle gets scared about messing up or leaving the opposing team too much time.

Chiefs OL sucked that year thats why the Chiefs went all in in the next draft to shore it up.
Share 49ersWebzone