There are 289 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS vs KANSAS CITY CHIEFS - 2024 Season Game 7

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by captveg:
It'll only be the last one if you sacrifice the future for midseason short term pickups, or if the young guys don't develop. The younger players have actually shown strong promise. Another solid draft next year and letting guys like Huff, Banks and Ward leave and/or trading Deebo or another vet in the offseason will go a long way to turning over the roster successfully. Shanalynch have already done it once (see 2019 roster vs. 2023), but they'll need the assets to do it. Trading either as a buyer or seller in the next couple weeks makes little sense right now, IMO.

I think the frustrating part is that no matter what we do we're always gonna run into the chiefs or ravens. If we make trades now or if we stand by and draft more talent, I don't see us ever getting over the hump. Teams like the chiefs, ravens, lions, and Vikings are just better coached. They get the most out of their players. So idk anymore. No matter what we do we're gonna lose to one of these teams in the end.
Originally posted by the_dynasty:
Originally posted by bzborow1:
And Mahomes missed Worthy on a deep shot that would have been a walk in touchdown. He was also late on a double move by the TE that allowed Lenoir to recover and break it up. Oh well…?
why resort to whataboutism ? we're talking about Purdy not Mahomes

Because I'm pointing out that of all Purdy's mistakes on Sunday, two completed bombs were emphatically NOT the reason the 49ers lost.
Originally posted by SFTifoso:
Originally posted by captveg:
It'll only be the last one if you sacrifice the future for midseason short term pickups, or if the young guys don't develop. The younger players have actually shown strong promise. Another solid draft next year and letting guys like Huff, Banks and Ward leave and/or trading Deebo or another vet in the offseason will go a long way to turning over the roster successfully. Shanalynch have already done it once (see 2019 roster vs. 2023), but they'll need the assets to do it. Trading either as a buyer or seller in the next couple weeks makes little sense right now, IMO.

I think the frustrating part is that no matter what we do we're always gonna run into the chiefs or ravens. If we make trades now or if we stand by and draft more talent, I don't see us ever getting over the hump. Teams like the chiefs, ravens, lions, and Vikings are just better coached. They get the most out of their players. So idk anymore. No matter what we do we're gonna lose to one of these teams in the end.

Those teams won't stay static, either, so how good they are is impossible to predict in future years, or even later this season. Just look at how the Eagles' season went last year - things move very vast. We won't play the Chiefs again until 2026 unless the teams improbably meet in the SB again in the next two years, so at this point you can't even worry about them until (at best) February 2025 or February 2026, or (at worst) September-December 2026.
[ Edited by captveg on Oct 21, 2024 at 12:40 AM ]
It's a very sad commentary but this team was already out-coached in and lost this game before it ever started. This should not actually be a thing. Amazingly it's not the end of the world though, there's still 10 more games left.
[ Edited by ninerjok on Oct 21, 2024 at 1:21 AM ]
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
Expect this one to get ugly for us. Which means it's going to be hilarious in here.

Did not disappoint
I still cannot believe they were in this game to begin with. The Chiefs aren't very good and are a shell of themselves. Their defense is just good enough to win games. I'm jealous
Originally posted by socalfan21:
I still cannot believe they were in this game to begin with. The Chiefs aren't very good and are a shell of themselves. Their defense is just good enough to win games. I'm jealous

It's like Brady said. The chiefs make the plays when they are needed or present themselves. We do not.
Share 49ersWebzone