Tests confirm 49ers WR Brandon Aiyuk suffered season-ending knee injury →

There are 366 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS vs KANSAS CITY CHIEFS - 2024 Season Game 7

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Originally posted by socalfan21:
I still cannot believe they were in this game to begin with. The Chiefs aren't very good and are a shell of themselves. Their defense is just good enough to win games. I'm jealous

Agree , chiefs are not as good as last year, what does that say about us? We mid to a bad team lol which I'm starting to think is the case, I can name 4 teams in nfc that would beat us right now , last year I couldn't name 1

We have regressed.

Really? Why would the offense regress when they've lost nearly all their weapons. I can't remember any games in the last few years where both QBs completed less than 60% and had passer ratings under 50. These are 2 of the best QBs in the league and they both struggled. For whatever reason, the 49ers and Brock struggle against teams that play man defense. Maybe it' because the receivers can't separate. There aren't gaping holes in the zone so we aren't seeing easy completions with a lot of YAC.

It's going to be tough making the playoffs now. They'll need to win 8 of their last 10 to have any real shot and to do that they'll need a lot of players getting healthy. Greenlaw on defense. Obviously CMC on offense. Pearsall and Cowing will need to contribute more than anticipated. They'll need to get their kicker back. Kyle is going to need to adjust his game plans better. The DC will need to start getting more creative. That's a lot of ifs.
I still cannot believe they were in this game to begin with. The Chiefs aren't very good and are a shell of themselves. Their defense is just good enough to win games. I'm jealous

coaching makes a hell of a difference
The 49ers defense parted like the Red Sea on that Mahomes TD run. Terrible defense. The replay showed the D line being split and the back defenders going to the edges. Nobody was in the middle of the field. It was one of the biggest openings you'll ever see. I'm surprised Mahomes didn't run through it backwards.
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:

Kyle spent the week making up his game plan and then Deebo shows up sick and Aiyuk gets injured. Those are two huge body blows to absorb during a game. Kyle hasn't shown that he's good at in game adjustment so they were forced to stay with that game plan without the key players.
Jerry Rice on 95.7

"what i saw yesterday was 49er body language saying this is just another game, moving slowly, no fire."
[ Edited by maximusdecimus on Oct 21, 2024 at 8:52 AM ]
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

Kyle spent the week making up his game plan and then Deebo shows up sick and Aiyuk gets injured. Those are two huge body blows to absorb during a game. Kyle hasn't shown that he's good at in game adjustment so they were forced to stay with that game plan without the key players.

this, once you lose BOTH Deebo and Aiyuk on gameday, the gameplan is blown up, I knew we were in deep trouble at that point.
Originally posted by maximusdecimus:
Jerry Rice on 95.7

"what i saw yesterday was 49er body language saying this is just another game, moving slowly, no fire."

Yup the body language was not good at all and this is why I understand people questioning whether Shanny has lost the team. Hell I'm beginning to wonder myself if I'm being honest
Originally posted by BP13:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

this, once you lose BOTH Deebo and Aiyuk on gameday, the gameplan is blown up, I knew we were in deep trouble at that point.

I heard Matt Barrows saying how upbeat the team was all week in practice. They were excited to have another chance at the Chiefs. The news on Pearsall was uplifting. Then they lose their #1 and #2 receivers. This had to be deflating. I'm not saying they would have beaten the Chiefs but i certainly would have given them a better chance. I on't blame Kyle for not making adjustments because there's only so much he could do.

The bottom line is Reid and Mahomes are better than Kyle and Purdy. They're always one step ahead. That doesn't mean Kyle should be fired. After all Reid and Mahomes are better than every coach/QB combo in the league. It's how teams viewed the 49ers when Walsh/Montana were beating up on everyone.

Chiefs are undefeated. what is this 'chiefs aren't very good'? what are we talking about. they are going for a three peat and undefeated.
Originally posted by BP13:

Yeah, losing Deebo was one thing, when BA went down, I really didn't think our chances were good anymore. Until Cowing made that grab but it was canceled by an INT, that is really when I lost all hope. We are just too injured this year. BA has pretty much always stayed healthy but we lost him too. Bell also has to go lol.

this pic hurts on so many levels...

that play is overrated as hell, he was already in the endzone, what do you want the rook to cheap shot him
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

Chiefs are undefeated. what is this 'chiefs aren't very good'? what are we talking about. they are going for a three peat and undefeated.

People only consider offense in their evaluations. Chiefs offense not a scoring machine like before = "not very good".

What they fail to realize is that the Chiefs have been led by their defense for over two years now. Their offense is mid with a HOF QB. All Mahomes needs to do is have one or two HOF plays per game and his defense takes care of the rest.
  • Koldo
  • Veteran

This organization has lost all pride under Shanahan.
Originally posted by Koldo:

This organization has lost all pride under Shanahan.

NOTICE how all the SHANANIGANS here are on SILENT MODE..
Share 49ersWebzone