LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 273 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS vs KANSAS CITY CHIEFS - 2024 Season Game 7

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by derrickt:
Will Campbell be covering Kelce?

If so Kelce goes 11 for 168 yards and 2 tds. Campbell can't cover a mud puddle on a non windy day.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Lombardi picking the chiefs

Thats the first!!
As the game gets closer, im growing more and more confident we get the win. We might not win by a big margin but i think we can protect the lead, just like we did in Seattle.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by DrEll:
So, here's the match-up breakdown and who has the edge.

QB: PURDY VS MAHOMES - KC

RB: MASON/GUERENDO VS HUNT/EDWARDS-HELAIRE - SF

TE: KITTLE VS KELCE - EVEN

WR: DEEBO/AIYUK/COWING/PEARSALL VS WORTHY/SMITH SCHUSTER/WATSON/HARDEMAN - SF

OT: TRENT/MCKIVITZ VS MORRIS/TAYLOR - SF

IOL: BANKS/BRENDEL/PUNI VS THUNEY/HUMPHREY/SMITH - KC

DE - BOSA/FLOYD/SAM O VS KARLAFTIS/HERRING/UZOMAH - SF

IDL - ELLIOTT/COLLINS VS JONES/PENNELL - KC

LB - WARNER/CAMPBELL VS BOLTON/TRANQUILL - SF

CB - LENOIR/WARD/YIADOM VS MCDUFFIE/WATSON/CONNER - SF

S - BROWN/MUSTAPHA VS REID/COOK - KC

ST UNIT - KC

Edge count: SF 6, KC 5.

Pretty sure we had an even bigger edge during our last two Superbowl matchups.

Forgot to include, unfortunately they have a better coaching staff overall and more experience. I mean Kyle and Andy are both top 3 IMO but DC they're superior.

I'd say the CBs are tied or even KC has the edge.
Originally posted by DrEll:
So, here's the match-up breakdown and who has the edge.

QB: PURDY VS MAHOMES - KC

RB: MASON/GUERENDO VS HUNT/EDWARDS-HELAIRE - SF

TE: KITTLE VS KELCE - EVEN

WR: DEEBO/AIYUK/COWING/PEARSALL VS WORTHY/SMITH SCHUSTER/WATSON/HARDEMAN - SF

OT: TRENT/MCKIVITZ VS MORRIS/TAYLOR - SF

IOL: BANKS/BRENDEL/PUNI VS THUNEY/HUMPHREY/SMITH - KC

DE - BOSA/FLOYD/SAM O VS KARLAFTIS/HERRING/UZOMAH - SF

IDL - ELLIOTT/COLLINS VS JONES/PENNELL - KC

LB - WARNER/CAMPBELL VS BOLTON/TRANQUILL - SF

CB - LENOIR/WARD/YIADOM VS MCDUFFIE/WATSON/CONNER - SF

S - BROWN/MUSTAPHA VS REID/COOK - KC

ST UNIT - KC

Edge count: SF 6, KC 5.

Pretty sure we had an even bigger edge during our last two Superbowl matchups.

Forgot to include, unfortunately they have a better coaching staff overall and more experience. I mean Kyle and Andy are both top 3 IMO but DC they're superior.

That's actually a very good point. They have a legitimate staff. We have 1 person who thinks he can do it all. He can't. He has proven he can't yet we continue to let him. Kyle plus a legit offensive coordinator and a legit dc and even a marginal special teams coach would be a force to reckon with. But we don't have that. We have 1 bright offensive mind. Sorry but it's not good enough when you're up against the best teams. Crap, it's not been good enough against the rams or cards let alone kc.
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JaggedJ:
This game is a coin flip and we're on our 3rd kicker in 3 weeks.

That scares me.

Shanahan coaching scares me more.
Aver que rollo
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

Kelce is showing his age. Kittle is the better receiver at this point and he will always be the better blocker. TE = SF

Can of soup covering can of poop.

Originally posted by 49erKing:
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

Kelce is showing his age. Kittle is the better receiver at this point and he will always be the better blocker. TE = SF

Yeah Kelce took a big step back last year. This year he is really bad. He is worn down. KC had so many deep post season runs too.
We have Brandon Staley on staff and he knows how to beat KC, so that's a feather in our cap.
Still not confident unless we've got tricks up our sleeve.

We would need something that two weeks of prep wouldn't be helpful against. Andy is too dominant with an extra week of prep.

They have arguably the best ST coach in the NFL, minimum top 3, and we've got a bottom 3 guy.

We might be better at some positions but we don't have any significant edge over KC. We both have injuries. We've not played clean really all year.

It would take our best game of the year to win. It's not impossible, we just have to play to what we're capable of I guess.
Still not confident unless we've got tricks up our sleeve.

We would need something that two weeks of prep wouldn't be helpful against. Andy is too dominant with an extra week of prep.

They have arguably the best ST coach in the NFL, minimum top 3, and we've got a bottom 3 guy.

We might be better at some positions but we don't have any significant edge over KC. We both have injuries. We've not played clean really all year.

It would take our best game of the year to win. It's not impossible, we just have to play to what we're capable of I guess.

Keys to win the game:

1) Give Purdy some time back there occasionally and don't f**k up any blocking assignments
2) Message to the defense and special teams, "This is tackle football, not flag football."
3) Mahomes is a fantasy bust this year; so let's keep it that way; and don't let him scramble for first downs
Originally posted by JaggedJ:
This game is a coin flip and we're on our 3rd kicker in 3 weeks.

That scares me.

From what I understand he can't kick it out of the end zone, so Schneider better have our ST ready.

This is my big worry. Picking on the slow guy. I can see him getting benched if he leads directly to a couple of TDs, though. By that time it maybe too late.
Share 49ersWebzone