LISTEN: Brock Purdy's Critics Don't Live In Reality →

There are 152 users in the forums

49ERS vs CHIEFS Pregame Thread - 2024 Season Week 7

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by DrEll:

I'm expecting big things from our unsung hero's this game. I think this game De'vondre Campbell and Issac Yiadom lock things down on defense and remind people how dominate they can be.

Jake Brendel and Ronnie Bell are going to hold things down on the offensive side and cause a big headache for Steve Spagnuolo and the chiefs.
[ Edited by bmvanthiel on Oct 14, 2024 at 9:25 AM ]
Originally posted by bmvanthiel:
I'm expecting big things from our unsung hero's this game. I think this game De'vondre Campbell and Issac Yiadom lock things down on defense and remind people how dominate they can be.

Jake Brendel and Ronnie Ball are going to hold things down on the offensive side and cause a big headache for Steve Spagnuolo and the chiefs.

This sarcasm right?
  • da209
  • Veteran

Jake Brendel and Ronnie Ball are going to hold things down on the offensive side and cause a big headache for Steve Spagnuolo and the chiefs.

Lol
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Kolohe:

he's definitely being facetious
This game is definitely a big monkey on the back scenario, but I'm gonna try to not be too emotionally caught up in it. I'll probably fail but lowering my expectations like I did for last Thur just may work.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by ninerjok:
This game is definitely a big monkey on the back scenario, but I'm gonna try to not be too emotionally caught up in it. I'll probably fail but lowering my expectations like I did for last Thur just may work.

Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
After 6 weeks we only have 2 teams that are unbeaten. Of the two the Vikings look better than the Chiefs. KC hasn't been dominating on offense. They've been winning with defense, timely plays by Mahomes and some lucky breaks. The Niners are good enough to beat them but the question is can they get past the mental part of losing to these guys.

At least 2 wins should be credited to officiating BS. That's not even hyperbole.
This is a great game to see what this team is actually going to be this year.

The sad thing is we really should be at least 5-1 right now if not 6-0 but here we are at 3-3 without back to back wins. These guys have owned us. It won't avenge the SB and neither team is the same as last year but this is a great test for this 49ers team.

Great defense with impact players and top tier defensive mind dialing up plays for them. Offense that's sputtering a bit but has the best QB in the game(don't care what his stats are) and a brilliant HC/offensive mind calling plays for them.

The Chiefs have a terrific track record after their bye week. This will be a real test for this squad that is likely to have some young guys involved in key roles. In the grand scheme of things the Dallas game the following week is more important. Having said that winning vs KC would be huge in showing everyone the 49ers can run the gauntlet of games they have left.

Let's finally stop shooting ourselves in the foot and get on a roll!

Originally posted by genus49:
This is a great game to see what this team is actually going to be this year.

The sad thing is we really should be at least 5-1 right now if not 6-0 but here we are at 3-3 without back to back wins. These guys have owned us. It won't avenge the SB and neither team is the same as last year but this is a great test for this 49ers team.

Great defense with impact players and top tier defensive mind dialing up plays for them. Offense that's sputtering a bit but has the best QB in the game(don't care what his stats are) and a brilliant HC/offensive mind calling plays for them.

The Chiefs have a terrific track record after their bye week. This will be a real test for this squad that is likely to have some young guys involved in key roles. In the grand scheme of things the Dallas game the following week is more important. Having said that winning vs KC would be huge in showing everyone the 49ers can run the gauntlet of games they have left.

Let's finally stop shooting ourselves in the foot and get on a roll!

Defensively I wonder if they use Bosa against himself again like in the past. Reid knows how to exploit tendencies and weaknesses etc. Our defense is even more predictable and basic now imo. I would not be surprised to see Sorensen Master classed. This sputtering KC offense may look amazing Sunday.... sigh.

Offensively, well the obvious one is the o line..... vs Jones lol.

Another main thing for me. I think it literally started in the SB. Where Sapgnuolo praised Purdy (and even called him after to praise his play!) He said they went in with a Zone plan and Purdy destroyed them. Second half he came out Man and our guys couldn't handle it + not enough time for Purdy now.

If you notice this is pretty much what every team is doing this year and by and large our guys do not get open very well most of the time....Even teams who typically play zone instead play man against us etc.

So I expect more of the same with some delayed blitzes and stunts.
This will be a good game. Both teams have missing pieces. Now then, I don't normally advocate for anything other than gentlemanly play. In this case, I think the niners should deliberately put a couple early hits on Mahomes, even if they risk significant penalty. I think it's trash how much special treatment he gets. Since we know the niners are going to take some trash penalties while allowing the Chiefs to get away with a little extra, I say the niners should at least "earn" those penalties. They should look to make this a slugfest.
Originally posted by Crown:
Originally posted by Silky:
When is Dre getting back. And CMC? We need those guys so so badly

No timeline for either. I doubt we see either one before the bye week and maybe not until the last month of the season.

thats what I am thinking as well.

Has anyone seen a prognosis on Greenlaw. His injury was serious, and his play requires speed. I hope he comes back well, as he's a serious difference makers. As for CMC, since it's tendonitis, I'd rather he stay out longer and come back ready for the last 5-6 games of the season and playoffs.
Originally posted by da209:

Lol

Ronnie Ball ..maybe his name should have been that and he would catch some? Lol
Originally posted by Fasteddy:
Originally posted by Crown:
Originally posted by Silky:
When is Dre getting back. And CMC? We need those guys so so badly

No timeline for either. I doubt we see either one before the bye week and maybe not until the last month of the season.

thats what I am thinking as well.

Has anyone seen a prognosis on Greenlaw. His injury was serious, and his play requires speed. I hope he comes back well, as he's a serious difference makers. As for CMC, since it's tendonitis, I'd rather he stay out longer and come back ready for the last 5-6 games of the season and playoffs.

Once the achilles is repaired and the necessary rehab is complete it's healed. The question of whether he's the same player or not is of course unknown and only Dre will be able to answer that. We've seen guys come back and it clearly affects them. We've seen guys come back and not miss a beat.

Hopefully Dre is one of those guys who comes back and we see the same player. I don't think keeping him out longer will be helpful though. if anything you'd want him to shake off the rust. It's not like the foot would get any healthier once fully healed.
Share 49ersWebzone