LISTEN: Brock Purdy's Critics Don't Live In Reality →

There are 203 users in the forums

49ers sign safety Adrian Amos

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
We need Jaquiski Tartt's speed and versatility back.

I don't blame him for bailing on the league. Safties are under paid for the stress they put on their bodies. 6mill... 7mill? Fuuuuck that!

I'm blown at how depressed the safety market is. Would love a guy that could just eliminate the deep threats and general big plays for us. Hoping we take a true free safety for the modern NFL early next year.

We should have tried to get Rapp when he was available.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49erF90:

I don't blame him for bailing on the league. Safties are under paid for the stress they put on their bodies. 6mill... 7mill? Fuuuuck that!

I'm blown at how depressed the safety market is. Would love a guy that could just eliminate the deep threats and general big plays for us. Hoping we take a true free safety for the modern NFL early next year.

Lynch doesn't put much stock in Safeties, I doubt they take one in the 1st or 2nd round. And to tell you the truth they shouldn't, because they need O-line again!!
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by 49erF90:

Lynch doesn't put much stock in Safeties, I doubt they take one in the 1st or 2nd round. And to tell you the truth they shouldn't, because they need O-line again!!

This. Safeties have minimal impact on a game when they are great. When they are bad they have a huge impact but a decent safety has relatively the same impact as a great safety.
Share 49ersWebzone