LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 193 users in the forums

49ers 2024 Salary Cap Thread, 2024 Cap Room=$55,944,326 as of 10/5/24

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
If anyone has anything they want to see written about, let me know, would love your guys input.

Any trends that stand out to you after 6 off seasons of contracts? Lynch noted not spending and saving on cash this year was planned well in advance. So do you anticipate any trends for next year or the year after?

Good idea, I can come up with something, maybe also look at how their FA philosophy has changed from 2017-2019 to now as they signed FAs to big deals to begin their tenure, now 6 years in, it seems they've gone the route of cheaper FAs, especially DL, Kris Kocurek knows how to get the most out of the bargain bin signees.
If anyone has anything they want to see written about, let me know, would love your guys input.

Any trends that stand out to you after 6 off seasons of contracts? Lynch noted not spending and saving on cash this year was planned well in advance. So do you anticipate any trends for next year or the year after?

Good idea, I can come up with something, maybe also look at how their FA philosophy has changed from 2017-2019 to now as they signed FAs to big deals to begin their tenure, now 6 years in, it seems they've gone the route of cheaper FAs, especially DL, Kris Kocurek knows how to get the most out of the bargain bin signees.

Good idea. Yeah, we're more into the end of the Baalke era where we're up against the cap more so we saw more I.R. fliers, stashing players on I.R. with (injuries), very light FA signings, etc.

Maybe a focus on the GTD $ since this is an area Paraag tries hard to win. Who do we target?

And to your other work...from front loaded contracts when we had big money to now, more backloaded where more cap increases are expected in the coming years.
[ Edited by NCommand on May 10, 2022 at 12:21 PM ]

Good idea. Yeah, we're more into the end of the Baalke era where we're up against the cap more so we saw more I.R. fliers, stashing players on I.R. with (injuries), very light FA signings, etc.

And to your other work...from front loaded contracts when we had big money to now, more backloaded where more cap increases are expected in the coming years.

Didn't the Baalke era end with next to no talent on the roster? Lots of cap space and the only FA who signed were Thad Lewis and Zane Beadles.
I honestly like now that their big contracts are going to Fred Warner, Trent Williams, George Kittle, Arik Armstead, and next Deebo and Bosa. Instead of overpaying for FA and traded average or injury prone guys like Richburg, Mckinnon, Kwon, Jimmy G, Ford, Malcolm Smith
Originally posted by richterkbelmont:

Didn't the Baalke era end with next to no talent on the roster? Lots of cap space and the only FA who signed were Thad Lewis and Zane Beadles.
I honestly like now that their big contracts are going to Fred Warner, Trent Williams, George Kittle, Arik Armstead, and next Deebo and Bosa. Instead of overpaying for FA and traded average or injury prone guys like Richburg, Mckinnon, Kwon, Jimmy G, Ford, Malcolm Smith

I was noting the 3 playoff years but yes, he left the tank empty on talent and high in cap.

I was noting the 3 playoff years but yes, he left the tank empty on talent and high in cap.

Ah yes. Who can forget the payday to Vance McDonald, the last "fck you" to the team before being fired.

He also gave Vance McDonald a nice payday, despite not being worth it SMDH lol.

But seems like Lynch & Shanahan have learned from their past mistakes, never give a RB big money(Jet), Kwon being redundant once Dre outplayed him, Jimmy G was fine till he couldn't deliver in the biggest moment, Richburg was fine signing, that injury was un-avoidable IMO, Ford, Smith, yeah agree, terrible trade & signing there.

Also yes, the only thing Baalke did good was leave a lot of cap room for future years, thankfully Lynch was able to deal Vance McDonald, didn't get much, I think a pick swap, but better than paying him when Kittle is much better.

I also do agree with the philosophy of paying your own first, then you go after FAs(Ward) or Trades(Trent)

Ah yes. Who can forget the payday to Vance McDonald, the last "fck you" to the team before being fired.

He also gave Vance McDonald a nice payday, despite not being worth it SMDH lol.

But seems like Lynch & Shanahan have learned from their past mistakes, never give a RB big money(Jet), Kwon being redundant once Dre outplayed him, Jimmy G was fine till he couldn't deliver in the biggest moment, Richburg was fine signing, that injury was un-avoidable IMO, Ford, Smith, yeah agree, terrible trade & signing there.

Also yes, the only thing Baalke did good was leave a lot of cap room for future years, thankfully Lynch was able to deal Vance McDonald, didn't get much, I think a pick swap, but better than paying him when Kittle is much better.

I also do agree with the philosophy of paying your own first, then you go after FAs(Ward) or Trades(Trent)

Yup yup!

Sorry, didn't mean to derail with the Baalke comment. I was just noting the last time we were a playoff team and up against the cap more.

So how will ShanaLynch navigate it with this roster?
Here ya go NC, https://49erscap.com/index.php/2022/05/11/breaking-down-the-49ers-offseasons-under-john-lynch-kyle-shanahan/
Here ya go NC, https://49erscap.com/index.php/2022/05/11/breaking-down-the-49ers-offseasons-under-john-lynch-kyle-shanahan/

Oh man, that was a really fun trip down memory lane!!!

I really appreciate the work on this one.

It kind of helps set the stage for the next off season which should be pretty conservative after we pay Deebo and Bosa.

It kind of helps set the stage for the next off season which should be pretty conservative after we pay Deebo and Bosa.

Yeah, real fun trip down memory lane, and no worries, I love doing this.

And yeah, I expect them to be more conservative going forward, maybe 1 splash signing, but Deebo & Bosa's deals will be HUGE.

And yeah, I expect them to be more conservative going forward, maybe 1 splash signing, but Deebo & Bosa's deals will be HUGE.
well i guess i have more NC counter post coming in the future
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Gotta stay "competitive."

And all in good fun Lol, (This for both NC & Faithful BTW)

And all in good fun Lol, (This for both NC & Faithful BTW)

Always!
Share 49ersWebzone