LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 248 users in the forums

49ers 2024 Salary Cap Thread, 2024 Cap Room=$55,944,326 as of 10/5/24

Shop Find 49ers gear online
If all 9 picks got the max slot value, which they should have, then the 49ers would be $3,834,665 under their 2022 adjusted cap.
Cool
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
If all 9 picks got the max slot value, which they should have, then the 49ers would be $3,834,665 under their 2022 adjusted cap.

Nice!

If Jimmy is traded to a bottom feeder team - and that team is objecting to his salary cap hit of 25+ million, if I were the 49ers - adding the 3.8 million to half of Jimmy's cap hit of 12.5 million (if the team receiving Jimmy foots half of Jimmy's salary), that leaves almost 15 million under the cap to sign either (or both Bosa and Deebo) this year. Then you have, I think, 25+ million gone next year from Jimmy's salary cap hit, and add, I think, another 8.5 million from letting go Dee Ford - and that's a ton of money to be able to accelerate both Deebo's and Bosa's contracts down if the 49ers are able to sign Deebo and Bosa this year.
Latest articles.

https://49erscap.com/index.php/2022/06/05/breaking-down-all-9-2022-draft-picks-contracts/

https://49erscap.com/index.php/2022/06/04/an-updated-look-at-the-49ers-2022-2023-salary-cap-situations-post-alex-mack-retirement-2022-draft-class-signings/
Latest articles.

https://49erscap.com/index.php/2022/06/05/breaking-down-all-9-2022-draft-picks-contracts/

https://49erscap.com/index.php/2022/06/04/an-updated-look-at-the-49ers-2022-2023-salary-cap-situations-post-alex-mack-retirement-2022-draft-class-signings/

So do you still think we are just waiting till Jimmy clears injury clause to be cut? Or do you think we carry him until someone needs a QB even if that means into the season? Is a 3rd round comp pick worth losing the 15 M rollover? In your opinion.
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
Latest articles.

So do you still think we are just waiting till Jimmy clears injury clause to be cut? Or do you think we carry him until someone needs a QB even if that means into the season? Is a 3rd round comp pick worth losing the 15 M rollover? In your opinion.

If they're gonna cut him, or even trade him, they need to wait for him to be healthy.

I think it's possible they carry him till a QB injury occurs.

No, a 3rd rd comp pick isn't worth risking $15M carryover IMO.
I don't think we're gonna sign JC Tretter, as much as I'm all for it, I like Brendel, and a guy like West or Zakelj to learn with Brunskill as primary backup.

Also, current cap room is $4,084,665, so when it comes to Deebo & Bosa's extensions, don't expect them to use much cap room, they could lower Deebo's base, use difference, like $2.971M, add in $2.029M in cap room, give him a $25M signing bonus, Bosa wise, just take his training camp bonus($4.3M), add under $1.7M, give him a $30M bonus, both deals wouldn't go up by much, just less than $3.729M, that $24M they save by moving on from Jimmy will be used for the season, and carryover, should have like $20M in cap room to begin 2022(including PS players), $6M-$8M reserved for in season moves, so up to $14M to carryover into 2023, would help to try and retain Ward, Moseley, Al-Shaair, Dre, some combo of them, also keep low end guys like Hyder, Turay, Willis, Omenihu, etc...
I don't think we're gonna sign JC Tretter, as much as I'm all for it, I like Brendel, and a guy like West or Zakelj to learn with Brunskill as primary backup.

Also, current cap room is $4,084,665, so when it comes to Deebo & Bosa's extensions, don't expect them to use much cap room, they could lower Deebo's base, use difference, like $2.971M, add in $2.029M in cap room, give him a $25M signing bonus, Bosa wise, just take his training camp bonus($4.3M), add under $1.7M, give him a $30M bonus, both deals wouldn't go up by much, just less than $3.729M, that $24M they save by moving on from Jimmy will be used for the season, and carryover, should have like $20M in cap room to begin 2022(including PS players), $6M-$8M reserved for in season moves, so up to $14M to carryover into 2023, would help to try and retain Ward, Moseley, Al-Shaair, Dre, some combo of them, also keep low end guys like Hyder, Turay, Willis, Omenihu, etc...

Judging by Kyle's comments I think it's a no on Tretter He said he's happy with the room we have. Brendel might be serviceable at C but it would be nice to have a top 5-10 Center for multiple years.

At least Brendel is used to playing/practicing with Trey. I hope Brunskill stays at RG (but his best position is at backup T imo) or Moore beats him out. No sense in creating another hole on the OL.
Originally posted by elguapo:

Judging by Kyle's comments I think it's a no on Tretter He said he's happy with the room we have. Brendel might be serviceable at C but it would be nice to have a top 5-10 Center for multiple years.

At least Brendel is used to playing/practicing with Trey. I hope Brunskill stays at RG (but his best position is at backup T imo) or Moore beats him out. No sense in creating another hole on the OL.

I think the 49ers are high on West in the long term. I know a lot of people here were high on him too some had him as high as a 4th round talent. They gave him a huge compensation as UDFA i think he is the long term plan

Looking at the Warriors recent title win, it is interesting not only the soft salary cap the NBA has, but also how they basically reward teams for drafting and developing players.
Latest article, https://49erscap.com/index.php/2022/06/20/explaining-why-keeping-jimmy-garoppolo-on-the-roster-has-no-effect-on-the-49ers-extending-or-not-being-able-to-extend-deebo-samuel-nick-bosa/
If you're interested in cap stuff and wanting to get an understanding on how teams like LA can make things work…this is a great listen

I like how the Rams just move on from a player and just bite the bullet early, It's a tricky game
Originally posted by lamontb:
I like how the Rams just move on from a player and just bite the bullet early, It's a tricky game

Yeah it was broken down pretty well in the pod. LA isn't doing something wild or forking over more cash then anyone else, like some are saying. They had years of massive amounts of DM. They simply extend guys that have a couple years left in their current deals and that helps them spread out that cash and lower their cap hit now. They're willing to eat a s**t ton of cash if they mess up. They're extending the right guys at key positions and it helps when you can supplement those big cash players with cheap labor that can still be decent.
Share 49ersWebzone