LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 265 users in the forums

49ers 2024 Salary Cap Thread, 2024 Cap Room=$55,944,326 as of 10/5/24

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NYniner85:
If you're interested in cap stuff and wanting to get an understanding on how teams like LA can make things work…this is a great listen

Thanks dude. He was spot on a couple years ago when he focused on our tactics/strategy too at that time. Big fan.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by lamontb:
I like how the Rams just move on from a player and just bite the bullet early, It's a tricky game

Yeah it was broken down pretty well in the pod. LA isn't doing something wild or forking over more cash then anyone else, like some are saying. They had years of massive amounts of DM. They simply extend guys that have a couple years left in their current deals and that helps them spread out that cash and lower their cap hit now. They're willing to eat a s**t ton of cash if they mess up. They're extending the right guys at key positions and it helps when you can supplement those big cash players with cheap labor that can still be decent.

I think a lot of teams are hesitate on the bolded. Look how fast they ditched Cooks, Goff, and Gurley. We still haven't cut Ford. Like the podcast said. They extended Woods and Kupp early. Kupp worked out and Woods didn't due to injury. And the Rams immediately moved on to replace Woods with OBJ. Then quickly replaced OBJ.
I think a lot of teams are hesitate on the bolded. Look how fast they ditched Cooks, Goff, and Gurley. We still haven't cut Ford. Like the podcast said. They extended Woods and Kupp early. Kupp worked out and Woods didn't due to injury. And the Rams immediately moved on to replace Woods with OBJ. Then quickly replaced OBJ.

Yup, sometimes you just gotta deal with the sunk cost and rip the band-aid off as quickly as possible. Move on and replace as soon as possible.
All of this cap room and bosa and deebo aren't extended...
Originally posted by pdizo916:

No need to rush it
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:

No need to rush it

Brittle little are already disappointed that an extension isn't reach
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:

No need to rush it

He was disappointed his took so long also. Changed nothing.
Brittle Little. Nicknames getting worse and worse
[ Edited by lamontb on Jun 23, 2022 at 1:58 PM ]
Brittle Little. Nicknames getting worse and worst

I just ignore the childishness. Easier that way

Is this proof that pdizo and 9moon are the same person?

Originally posted by 49erBigMac:

Is this proof that pdizo and 9moon are the same person?

No just mentally same age.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Looking at the Warriors recent title win, it is interesting not only the soft salary cap the NBA has, but also how they basically reward teams for drafting and developing players.

The 3 major sports are all so different in the way they address salaries. MLB has no cap at all. The NBA has a soft cap that allows teams to exceed it but they have to pay a luxury tax if they do. They also have weird rules regarding trades that I don't understand. The NFL is the most straight forward as far as trades and cap go. There is a hard cap that can be averted by moving money around but eventually it has to be paid. Teams that do a lot of cap manipulation sometimes end up in cap hell and it can take a few years to recover.
New article up. https://49erscap.com/index.php/2022/06/27/looking-at-the-49ers-2022-2023-salary-cap-situations-along-with-what-it-would-cost-to-tag-deebo-in-2023-my-camp-battles-for-2022/
Latest article just posted, https://49erscap.com/index.php/2022/06/30/explaining-what-terry-mclaurins-extension-means-for-a-potential-deebo-samuel-extension/
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Latest article just posted, https://49erscap.com/index.php/2022/06/30/explaining-what-terry-mclaurins-extension-means-for-a-potential-deebo-samuel-extension/

Great post! I can see in terms of framework, the kind of deal that Kittle got can be applied to Deebo. I think Kittle's contract was frontloaded about 31% on that first year and another 20% on that second year, so by the third year - his guaranteed money has been 50% reduced. The next three years after that from 2023 to 2026, Kittle doesn't have any dead money.

Once Jimmy's cap hit is removed they can start front loading Deebo's salary starting (Possibly) this year - but definitely next year, and/or they just might move any sort of freed up cap space to front load to Bosa, because I think a pass rusher has a higher impact than a WR. 25 million is a ton of cap space that can help retain both Bosa and Deebo - and if they can get that done (by moving Jimmy) that's going to help the 49ers big time for a long time.
Share 49ersWebzone