LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 201 users in the forums

49ers 2024 Salary Cap Thread, 2024 Cap Room=$55,944,326 as of 10/5/24

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by JTB1974:
If we didn't keep Jimmy 1 more year we would have about $15 Million more in cap space. If only they knew what they had in Brock.

No reason crying over spilt milk.

Our biggest needs are RT and DT. Every other need is just depth. Either we find a way to resign MM or we have our 2023 starting RT already under contract. I bet we draft a couple OT's as well as DT's in this up coming draft. We have a better chance of finding a day 1 starter or at least a rotational guy at the DT spot. At RT, we are more likely to find a guy we can develop into the starter in a year or so.

Dont forget center.

Jake Brendel ranked 5th in the league out of 31 centers with at least 680 snaps.

Ranked in what? Who ranked him a online site?
Originally posted by glorydayz:
If we didn't keep Jimmy 1 more year we would have about $15 Million more in cap space. If only they knew what they had in Brock.

Our biggest needs are RT and DT. Every other need is just depth. Either we find a way to resign MM or we have our 2023 starting RT already under contract. I bet we draft a couple OT's as well as DT's in this up coming draft. We have a better chance of finding a day 1 starter or at least a rotational guy at the DT spot. At RT, we are more likely to find a guy we can develop into the starter in a year or so.

Dont forget center.

Jake Brendel ranked 5th in the league out of 31 centers with at least 680 snaps.

Sorry. I read it wrong. He was ranked 5th in offensive snaps. He ranked 19th overall. My bad.
Originally posted by glorydayz:

Dont forget center.

Sorry. I read it wrong. He was ranked 5th in offensive snaps. He ranked 19th overall. My bad.

Still look at him get all those snaps. Top 5 most snaps in NFL folks.
Centre snaps is a conference tie-breaker, so we should probably keep him.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
whats our cap space at now? 10-16 mil?

Without any restructuring

I'd imagine we restructure CMC and someone else. Once the Bosa deal is done, his cap hit for this year will more than likely be lower as well.

There will be a lot of maneuvering. Fred Warner and CWard have contracts that can convert cap into signing bonus money and create $19M. Also, Bosa's deal can be backloaded to take advantage of the $8.5M in dead money to Dee Ford that will come off the books next year. Mack and Sermon will free another $2M as well. So there we have a potential of $30M more to play with.
Originally posted by dj43:
There will be a lot of maneuvering. Fred Warner and CWard have contracts that can convert cap into signing bonus money and create $19M. Also, Bosa's deal can be backloaded to take advantage of the $8.5M in dead money to Dee Ford that will come off the books next year. Mack and Sermon will free another $2M as well. So there we have a potential of $30M more to play with.

McG money most likely

I'd imagine we restructure CMC and someone else. Once the Bosa deal is done, his cap hit for this year will more than likely be lower as well.

Nice. Thanks for the breakdown of potential moves that can be made to free up some cap space. Doesn't look as bleak as I had originally thought.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

McG money most likely

You're more optimistic than me, everything I've read seems pessimistic about his remaining here. First, other teams will likely offer more than we're willing to, but if it's close he may want a fresh start. I'm sure he's read how unhappy fans are with his play and may want to prove himself elsewhere.
Originally posted by SLCNiner:

McG money most likely

You're more optimistic than me, everything I've read seems pessimistic about his remaining here. First, other teams will likely offer more than we're willing to, but if it's close he may want a fresh start. I'm sure he's read how unhappy fans are with his play and may want to prove himself elsewhere.

Same, I can see a team like Houston making him a really nice offer. I hope he stays on a manageable deal but I think it's unlikely

McG money most likely

That may be an influence. I recall him saying that he was aware some fans considered him a disappointment at the #10 pick but it wasn't his fault that he was chosen there. All he could do was play his best and ignore all the talk. If he had been chosen late in the first round, he would be judged less critically.

The recent deals for Conklin and Jenkins indicate the market may push his value toward the $15M/yr mark. Given the lack of quality RTs in FA this season, he will likely get that or more. OTOH, he has made no secret of the fact he and his family love living in the Bay Area so he may not push for the higher value. In any case, I don't see us resigning him for less than $11-12/yr, for four years. It may come down to the guaranteed amount.

Originally posted by tankle104:

McG money most likely

Same, I can see a team like Houston making him a really nice offer. I hope he stays on a manageable deal but I think it's unlikely

I think we pay him the big bucks. Not sure I would do that, but he's a JL / KS pick and he's in his prime years and we have 34 y/o Trent. If I had to bet I'd say he's a 49er next season.

Yup if you follow AB on Twitter he's got his latest article about all of it

I think they mentioned restructuring Williams would save 14mil alone. So there should be some good options for them

That's awesome news if they go with this route! Thanks for the info guys!

Jokes aside I do miss him here with his cap post.
Share 49ersWebzone