Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
Currently $8,432,992 under

Best Players Able to be restructured

RB Christian McCaffrey for $8.576 million

TE George Kittle – $8.456 million max

LT Trent Williams – $14.588 million max

DT Arik Armstead – $11.78 million max

MLB Fred Warner – $9.476 million max

Are those numbers projections as to what a restructure would free up?

Yes

That's great, we could have around $60 million. Now how do we spend it?

Holy s**t imagine how far like the top RT free agent and a top 3 CB or DT free agent would take this already loaded team. If we truly had 60mil in cap space in an offseason we could do that an more. That would be what we finally need to seal the deal on a SB roster

too bad we can pretty much guarantee they won't do that though

AA and McCaffery are for sure restructuring imo. So we will be at 28 million, at the minimum. We resign
Brendel
Brunskill
Gipson
Moseley

and hopefully get a good DE in FA opposite Bosa. RT is going to be an adventure bc no obvious upgrades are available in FA (there may be if you think McGovern is) or where we draft

We do have a lot of our own guys we need to pay. And we do have to pay bosa. Both those will take a huge chunk of any Money we could free up. Moseley an jennings are guys we need to pay to keep around.

but I think we need to invest as much as we can into the 2023 season an just really go all in if their gonna go for it. They need to do something different to make it all the way.

I think our DE to help bosa is jackson. So don't need to sign one in FA. mcglinchey is better than his reputation but I still think we can get a better guy there. the pass protection vs run blocking debate has been beat to death, we need better pass blockers im not wasting anymore time on the subject. we do need help at DT it's gone from our strength to our weakness fast. When is buckners contract with the colts finished???

Bosa will not take up any more cap space than he already is, even with the extension. Perhaps less if what I was reading in here is true. We do have a few of our own that are FA's that we need to resign. Mosely should come at a decreased price due to injury though. We'll see.

Even if we go all in, its no guarantee that we win it all. Plus it can really hurt our future cap space. I don't like that gamble and we just aren't that damned lucky anyway.

Whether Jackson is the guy opposite of Bosa or not, we still need depth at edge. Our depth are basically all FA's. We do need to address the DT spot. I think we just need to invest some draft picks this year. We usually want a rotation at DT and can look for role players in the mid-later rounds.
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Originally posted by BobSacamano69:
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by BobSacamano69:
Originally posted by 9NERNATE:
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by illinois9er:
Currently $8,432,992 under

Best Players Able to be restructured

RB Christian McCaffrey for $8.576 million

TE George Kittle – $8.456 million max

LT Trent Williams – $14.588 million max

DT Arik Armstead – $11.78 million max

MLB Fred Warner – $9.476 million max

Are those numbers projections as to what a restructure would free up?

Yes

That's great, we could have around $60 million. Now how do we spend it?

Holy s**t imagine how far like the top RT free agent and a top 3 CB or DT free agent would take this already loaded team. If we truly had 60mil in cap space in an offseason we could do that an more. That would be what we finally need to seal the deal on a SB roster

too bad we can pretty much guarantee they won't do that though

AA and McCaffery are for sure restructuring imo. So we will be at 28 million, at the minimum. We resign
Brendel
Brunskill
Gipson
Moseley

and hopefully get a good DE in FA opposite Bosa. RT is going to be an adventure bc no obvious upgrades are available in FA (there may be if you think McGovern is) or where we draft

We do have a lot of our own guys we need to pay. And we do have to pay bosa. Both those will take a huge chunk of any Money we could free up. Moseley an jennings are guys we need to pay to keep around.

but I think we need to invest as much as we can into the 2023 season an just really go all in if their gonna go for it. They need to do something different to make it all the way.

I think our DE to help bosa is jackson. So don't need to sign one in FA. mcglinchey is better than his reputation but I still think we can get a better guy there. the pass protection vs run blocking debate has been beat to death, we need better pass blockers im not wasting anymore time on the subject. we do need help at DT it's gone from our strength to our weakness fast. When is buckners contract with the colts finished???

Bosa will not take up any more cap space than he already is, even with the extension. Perhaps less if what I was reading in here is true. We do have a few of our own that are FA's that we need to resign. Mosely should come at a decreased price due to injury though. We'll see.

Even if we go all in, its no guarantee that we win it all. Plus it can really hurt our future cap space. I don't like that gamble and we just aren't that damned lucky anyway.

Whether Jackson is the guy opposite of Bosa or not, we still need depth at edge. Our depth are basically all FA's. We do need to address the DT spot. I think we just need to invest some draft picks this year. We usually want a rotation at DT and can look for role players in the mid-later rounds.

Ya Bosa's cap hit won't be high this year or next year. Mosely shouldn't come at a high price either, no team is going to give him a big pay day after an ACL injury. He's most likely going to take a 1 year deal with us.
The thing with Bosa's extension is that it won't likely be done until after free agency.
Originally posted by btthepunk:

Could be a +30 Million swing quickly

If they are looking on creating that much space, there's two approaches- go after the big fish at DT in free agency or you eat up a nice chunk of Bosa's extension in year 1. I prefer the former approach. Get the Daron Payne and sign your own guys, namely Gibson or Jimmie Ward. Then you have more wiggle room in the draft.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

If they are looking on creating that much space, there's two approaches- go after the big fish at DT in free agency or you eat up a nice chunk of Bosa's extension in year 1. I prefer the former approach. Get the Daron Payne and sign your own guys, namely Gibson or Jimmie Ward. Then you have more wiggle room in the draft.

From what I saw Payne is gonna be tagged.

Toss in CMC more than likely restructuring and Bosa's extension lowering his cap hit this yr…that would put them closer that $50M mark.

Originally posted by NYniner85:

From what I saw Payne is gonna be tagged.

Yeah Payne is not happening even though that would be great. McCaffery has no guaranteed money going forward so he is next imo. We are going to have 30-40 million in cap space

Didn't they already restructure AA? Not sure how smart it is to restructure him again and keep pushing that money down the road. At somepoint it's gonna catch up to them
Yea Payne is a dream and all reports here in DC is that they will tag him
Originally posted by lamontb:
Didn't they already restructure AA? Not sure how smart it is to restructure him again and keep pushing that money down the road. At somepoint it's gonna catch up to them

They did. I'm hoping they can get this done without restructuring Armstead. Id like to have keep longer, but would rather wait until next year. See if his body holds up as it will be year 9. But this works better if we can create space and do the big cap hit for him this year.
We will actually gain cap space for 2023 after Bosa's extension because they will backload part of it. Right now his 2023 cap hit is $17,859,000. After an extension that cap hit will be lowered I assume. I am not exactly sure of the rules, I know you can't touch a rookie contract but I am not sure if that is still the case if you give that player a contract extension.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

I'd go for Javon Hargrave or A'Shawn Robinson. Daron Payne gonna be tagged, no way for the 9ers to get him.
Share 49ersWebzone