LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 279 users in the forums

49ers 2024 Salary Cap Thread, 2024 Cap Room=$55,944,326 as of 10/5/24

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Players don't raise the ticket prices owners do. Players just get a percentage of the pie.

Pretty much that's what the CBA is for. Revenue goes up their piece of the pie goes up. Massive TV deals are why the cap is going up.

ticket prices matter but they're not the biggest contributor as far as revenue goes.

This is a fact. That is solely owner driven. They aren't hurting. The economics of today's NFL ensures that.

It's consumer driven mostly
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Feb 26, 2023 at 3:04 PM ]
Players don't raise the ticket prices owners do. Players just get a percentage of the pie.

Pretty much that's what the CBA is for. Revenue goes up their piece of the pie goes up. Massive TV deals are why the cap is going up.

ticket prices matter but they're not the biggest contributor as far as revenue goes.

This is a fact. That is solely owner driven. They aren't hurting. The economics of today's NFL ensures that.

It's consumer driven mostly

Consumers are driving the ticket prices to this point? You could argue this based on the fact that it clearly hasn't hurt attendance. I'm going from the perspective of just because you can do something doesn't mean you should.
Consumers are driving the ticket prices to this point? You could argue this based on the fact that it clearly hasn't hurt attendance. I'm going from the perspective of just because you can do something doesn't mean you should.

It's capitalism.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Feb 26, 2023 at 3:47 PM ]

It's capitalism.
it's business.. The more the cap goes up, the more the Org loses
Niners can free up so much cap space by just extending Bosa right now and restructuring Warner, C Ward, and CMC's contract. C Ward in particular is a steal of a contract, So you can easily move some of his 2023 salary to 2024 and it still won't look that bad. So #13 Million gain from Bosa's extension and another $7 Million from C Ward's. Counting the $8 Million in cap space the Niners currently have, That will bring them to about $28 Million to spend. Then you have Warner you can restructure which gives them another $9 Million. CMC is obviously going to have his contract re-done also which will give them even more cap space. No need to touch Armstead, Kittle, and Trent's contract. I am not in favoring of restructuring our players that are approaching 30 or in their 30's.
Sorry just jumping in here…So you don't like capitalism? When you have an elite trait or skill that is valuable, good on them.

You got 15 yr old TikTokers making millions doing stupid dances. Dudes faking resumes becoming politicians so on and so on…at least these guys are busting their ass for a good portion of their life to reach a goal that most never get to. IMO the consumer is the bad guy, not them. We want it so we will pay for it.

No, I don't like capitalism. As to the consumer being the bad guy, get real! I subscribe to Gamepass every year. Do I ask them to put their prices up each year? Do the season ticket holders queue outside the ticket offices, offering to throw more money at them each year?

It is corporate greed that does it, the owners and the tv companies. Sensibly, the players union negotiated a share in the golden goose. And now we are on a financial roller coaster where middle and top salaries are just ludicrous and ever-escalating and the owners share is so much that franchises are sold on for ever increasing amounts. Eventually the circus will hit the huge boulder of reality and come off the road. Because the people who pay for it, the bad guy consumers, do not have an ever escalating income.

Consumers pay those prices if they want, no one is forced to. We share part of the blame.

Lets get back on top of cap space now.
[ Edited by DRCHOWDER on Feb 27, 2023 at 2:25 AM ]
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

Consumers pay those prices if they want, no one is forced to. We share part of the blame.

Consumers pay those prices because they're fans. They're the ones that allowed the league to keep growing. The only times we've seen a drop in attendance was after a strike but that was usually temporary. Still you have to wonder how much more they can raise ticket prices, TV access and concessions. If salaries for fans were rising as fast as players and team revenue then it wouldn't matter. Problem is they aren't.

It's capitalism.

Yup
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

Consumers pay those prices because they're fans. They're the ones that allowed the league to keep growing. The only times we've seen a drop in attendance was after a strike but that was usually temporary. Still you have to wonder how much more they can raise ticket prices, TV access and concessions. If salaries for fans were rising as fast as players and team revenue then it wouldn't matter. Problem is they aren't.
Teams are starting to lock in fans with these Seat licenses. and as i said above.. when the cap goes up tix prices goes up

Originally posted by English:
No, I don't like capitalism. As to the consumer being the bad guy, get real! I subscribe to Gamepass every year. Do I ask them to put their prices up each year? Do the season ticket holders queue outside the ticket offices, offering to throw more money at them each year?

It is corporate greed that does it, the owners and the tv companies. Sensibly, the players union negotiated a share in the golden goose. And now we are on a financial roller coaster where middle and top salaries are just ludicrous and ever-escalating and the owners share is so much that franchises are sold on for ever increasing amounts. Eventually the circus will hit the huge boulder of reality and come off the road. Because the people who pay for it, the bad guy consumers, do not have an ever escalating income.

People stop buying all their s**t and the prices will go down. I mean do you think XFL tickets are the same price? Nope the demand isn't there.

people are consuming NFL everything at historical levels, so yeah the price of everything is gonna go up. That is capitalism and is literally the foundation of our country. Good/bad whatever, is what it is. Capitalism also provides innovation and a f**k ton of jobs.

The CBA (Cap space) for players is based off a % of the total revenue. That revenue goes up (TV deals) then contracts go up. Cap goes down contracts go down (Covid year).

If you think consumers aren't part of the problem or are victims…imo you're being naïve. No one is telling you to by a $700 iPhone every year. You don't have to buy a $700K home. You don't need NFL game pass or to go to live football games…yet we all pay for it and we'll continue to do so. Maybe it all hits a wall at some point…that's another reason why players/owners and everyone else involved are trying to get whatever they can. I don't begrudge any of them. It's business.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Feb 27, 2023 at 9:28 AM ]
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Teams are starting to lock in fans with these Seat licenses. and as i said above.. when the cap goes up tix prices goes up

Those PSLs are often split between 2 or more people because they are so expensive. Some PSLs cost $50,000 and are financed. I know the Niners have some PSLs that are $50 thousand and they offered 10 years financing at 8% interest. That's more than double the interest rate on autos. Then the PSL holder has to pay for the tickets on top of it. Tickets in those prime areas are close to $500 per game. The "bad" seats are $150-$200 with PSLs that cost $5,000 to $10,000.

Prices like this are common all around the NFL. Many are higher than the 49ers. Prices are so high that many seats are bought up by corporations or places like Ticketmaster. Sports are no longer family friendly. Not sure you want to bring young fans to games anyway with the way fans act now.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Those PSLs are often split between 2 or more people because they are so expensive. Some PSLs cost $50,000 and are financed. I know the Niners have some PSLs that are $50 thousand and they offered 10 years financing at 8% interest. That's more than double the interest rate on autos. Then the PSL holder has to pay for the tickets on top of it. Tickets in those prime areas are close to $500 per game. The "bad" seats are $150-$200 with PSLs that cost $5,000 to $10,000.

Prices like this are common all around the NFL. Many are higher than the 49ers. Prices are so high that many seats are bought up by corporations or places like Ticketmaster. Sports are no longer family friendly. Not sure you want to bring young fans to games anyway with the way fans act now.
8.5% is crazy ! i didn't know they added interest. I was offered 0% interest. (Maybe due to carrying over tix from Candlestick)

BTW, I'm a lower level SBL holder and have 4 seats..
Those complaining about capitalism should move to China or Russia for a few years.

None of that is on the players though. Jed is the one you should be mad at.
Share 49ersWebzone