LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 263 users in the forums

49ers 2024 Salary Cap Thread, 2024 Cap Room=$55,944,326 as of 10/5/24

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • fan49
  • Veteran
If rumors are true, we're going to game cap room by restructuring Eric Armstead contract I think that's a horrible idea. He is older and he doesn't really produce as much as he's getting paid for. I know he's a good defense of lineman but it's gonna cost us in the long run. This could hurt bad specially, with dead cap later on.
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JTB1974:
Niners can free up so much cap space by just extending Bosa right now and restructuring Warner, C Ward, and CMC's contract. C Ward in particular is a steal of a contract, So you can easily move some of his 2023 salary to 2024 and it still won't look that bad. So #13 Million gain from Bosa's extension and another $7 Million from C Ward's. Counting the $8 Million in cap space the Niners currently have, That will bring them to about $28 Million to spend. Then you have Warner you can restructure which gives them another $9 Million. CMC is obviously going to have his contract re-done also which will give them even more cap space. No need to touch Armstead, Kittle, and Trent's contract. I am not in favoring of restructuring our players that are approaching 30 or in their 30's.

Don't forget we can trade kinlaw and Gain another 2 million which personally I'd rather have 2 million than him
…..misread thought he said greenlaw lol
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Feb 27, 2023 at 8:21 PM ]
Originally posted by fan49:
If rumors are true, we're going to game cap room by restructuring Eric Armstead contract I think that's a horrible idea. He is older and he doesn't really produce as much as he's getting paid for. I know he's a good defense of lineman but it's gonna cost us in the long run. This could hurt bad specially, with dead cap later on.

K
Originally posted by NYniner85:

K

It won't hurt that bad especially if Armstead is going to be around more than two years which it looks like he will.
Niners can free up so much cap space by just extending Bosa right now and restructuring Warner, C Ward, and CMC's contract. C Ward in particular is a steal of a contract, So you can easily move some of his 2023 salary to 2024 and it still won't look that bad. So #13 Million gain from Bosa's extension and another $7 Million from C Ward's. Counting the $8 Million in cap space the Niners currently have, That will bring them to about $28 Million to spend. Then you have Warner you can restructure which gives them another $9 Million. CMC is obviously going to have his contract re-done also which will give them even more cap space. No need to touch Armstead, Kittle, and Trent's contract. I am not in favoring of restructuring our players that are approaching 30 or in their 30's.

This 1000%. No need to touch AA, Kittle, Trent like you said. Always best to restructure younger core guys rather than older. CMC, Warner, Ward aren't going anywhere for several years and restructuring those 3 and extending Bosa would lower his ~$18 mil cap hit this year. Doing those 3 restructures and extending Bosa along with our current $8 million in space would give us ~$45 million in cap space this year. That's plenty to sign some of our mid teir FA's and add a big FA piece as well. I think this is the route we go
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Don't forget we can trade kinlaw and Gain another 2 million which personally I'd rather have 2 million than him

Hopefully they make some moves soon, the first round of free agency is upon us!!!
It would of been nice if we already extended Bosa. That way we wouldn't have to restructure another player or two just to resign players/sign new ones.
3rd highest cap this year among all teams.
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
3rd highest cap this year among all teams.

False

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/javon-kinlaw-47608/

Cap hit: $4,928,220
Dead money if cut: $4,928,220
We got $13 million extra to spend this year because of players that did not hit their incentives. (3rd most in the NFL this year)

Mainly Jimmy Garoppolo for close to 6 million because he got injured and a few other players. It's funny because we are always so injured this is the only reward we can get because we miss out on the Super Bowl all the time due to injuries
When we getting these restructures going?
Originally posted by NYniner85:
When we getting these restructures going?
restructuring for Lamar

• thl408
Originally posted by Luckycharms:

This 1000%. No need to touch AA, Kittle, Trent like you said. Always best to restructure younger core guys rather than older. CMC, Warner, Ward aren't going anywhere for several years and restructuring those 3 and extending Bosa would lower his ~$18 mil cap hit this year. Doing those 3 restructures and extending Bosa along with our current $8 million in space would give us ~$45 million in cap space this year. That's plenty to sign some of our mid teir FA's and add a big FA piece as well. I think this is the route we go

Agreed, those are the first guys to restructure. All in their primes and have good character.
Share 49ersWebzone