There are 343 users in the forums

49ers 2024 Salary Cap Thread, 2024 Cap Room=$55,944,326 as of 10/5/24

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by fan49:
Originally posted by JTB1974:
Niners can free up so much cap space by just extending Bosa right now and restructuring Warner, C Ward, and CMC's contract. C Ward in particular is a steal of a contract, So you can easily move some of his 2023 salary to 2024 and it still won't look that bad. So #13 Million gain from Bosa's extension and another $7 Million from C Ward's. Counting the $8 Million in cap space the Niners currently have, That will bring them to about $28 Million to spend. Then you have Warner you can restructure which gives them another $9 Million. CMC is obviously going to have his contract re-done also which will give them even more cap space. No need to touch Armstead, Kittle, and Trent's contract. I am not in favoring of restructuring our players that are approaching 30 or in their 30's.

Don't forget we can trade kinlaw and Gain another 2 million which personally I'd rather have 2 million than him

Hopefully they make some moves soon, the first round of free agency is upon us!!!

Id be shocked if we did anything. We should be all in on creating some space, signing our own guys, and nailing our picks.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Niners can free up so much cap space by just extending Bosa right now and restructuring Warner, C Ward, and CMC's contract. C Ward in particular is a steal of a contract, So you can easily move some of his 2023 salary to 2024 and it still won't look that bad. So #13 Million gain from Bosa's extension and another $7 Million from C Ward's. Counting the $8 Million in cap space the Niners currently have, That will bring them to about $28 Million to spend. Then you have Warner you can restructure which gives them another $9 Million. CMC is obviously going to have his contract re-done also which will give them even more cap space. No need to touch Armstead, Kittle, and Trent's contract. I am not in favoring of restructuring our players that are approaching 30 or in their 30's.

Don't forget we can trade kinlaw and Gain another 2 million which personally I'd rather have 2 million than him

Hopefully they make some moves soon, the first round of free agency is upon us!!!

Id be shocked if we did anything. We should be all in on creating some space, signing our own guys, and nailing our picks.

I'm surprised they didn't get anyone re-signed yet. At least Omenihu.
Hmm if they gonna be making any moves this FA period.... gotta start them restructures soon...
When will they announce the comp picks and the order of those picks?
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Hmm if they gonna be making any moves this FA period.... gotta start them restructures soon...

Right. I would assume it's gonna take a long time to get Bosa's deal done. But CMC, Ward and Kittle should be restructuring
Originally posted by Midbay:
Originally posted by bmvanthiel:

False

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/javon-kinlaw-47608/

Cap hit: $4,928,220
Dead money if cut: $4,928,220

fan49 was talking about a trade which does save about $2.7 million (his salary the new team would take on) and leave a dead cap of about $2.2 million (prorated portion of signing bonus). I prefer spotrac's aesthetic but overthecap makes it easy to try scenarios. Don't see a trade as likely though as most teams won't want to spend $2.7 million on him so we are probably stuck hoping he shows something.

https://overthecap.com/player/javon-kinlaw/8754

Interesting call out as I have overlooked the trade aspects to the salary implications. Thanks for that website and the correction.

With that info, I'm entirely onboard with trading Kinlaw. Anything would be a win. Even a 2025 7th rd draft pick as we would save a little bit of cash with the trade but yeah, we are probably stuck w/him as other teams aren't going to want to pay him.
Originally posted by glorydayz:

From Adam Shefter on FaceBook:

"49ers were awarded seven compensatory draft picks today, including three third-round picks - No. 99, 101 and 102. 49ers also gained comp picks in rounds 5, 6, and two in 7, so seven extra picks added today."
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

I'm surprised they didn't get anyone re-signed yet. At least Omenihu.

I thought they would too. Maybe they let him test the market? Or maybe there was an offer and he turned it down.
Originally posted by bmvanthiel:
Originally posted by glorydayz:

From Adam Shefter on FaceBook:

"49ers were awarded seven compensatory draft picks today, including three third-round picks - No. 99, 101 and 102. 49ers also gained comp picks in rounds 5, 6, and two in 7, so seven extra picks added today."

Thank you
We need to package some of them picks and move up for a good tackle

Originally posted by lamontb:

A 2nd round Center or Tackle would be the tits
Have a feeling that we have extensions/restructures already lined up, but why show our hand now?

We're under the cap already and don't need to do a thing or announce it until it's actually required.
Originally posted by elguapo:

Got any names?
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Got any names?
for RT
Matthew Bergeron
Dewand Jones
Blake Freeland
Cody Mauch
Jaelyn Duncan

not a great class cor centers. probably can just grab a guy to develop. I like Brendal
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Got any names?

Freeland or Mauch but I haven't watched others film yet. The "pro bowl" center from the Titans Ben Jones who's injured here and there was just released. I say just resign Brendel if he's less than 5-6 mil per year for 2 years
[ Edited by elguapo on Mar 10, 2023 at 1:05 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone