49ers 2024 Salary Cap Thread, 2024 Cap Room=$55,944,326 as of 10/5/24

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by lamontb:
The Bosa extension should've been done already. That could of saved us about 10 million in cap room.

That's not gonna be an easy negotiation. No way that gets done until near TC if not longer. That's the last move I expect them to make this off season.

This
Not at all…….

It could of been easier if the niners front office handled negotiations a lot earlier than usual like they did with Kittle, Warner and Deebo. It's a lot easier to set the precedent bc we all know he is going to be the highest paid defender. Period. The Front office is stubborn and this could of easily been handled already like a LOT of other teams do.

Hopefully this doesn't prevent us from re signing our own players or more importantly free agent signings

Are you worried this won't get done? This point is nonsense. Who are these other teams and why should we be like them? For the most part, we keep our top guys and don't have a problem doing so. The team has a top 5 roster and had near the best cap situation of any contending team. Teams that are terrible have a far easier time doing extensions early because they don't have many players on their team worth a big extension.

I am not at all worried that this deal won't get done. How did you come to that conclusion? I said nothing of the sort. What I clearly stated was a lot of teams extend players before the Niners typically do which is right before training camp. That has been proven over the last few years and our front office has even admitted to doing so.

However, this would give us instant cap relief and he is going to be the highest paid defender in all of football anyway. Might as well get the cap space now and give us latitude in signing our own free agents or outside players in free agency. It's very simple and this should've been done

We absolutely need to address the offensive line defensive line and safety position as soon as possible

I have my theory as to why the other teams seem to do their extensions earlier. I'm not sure of a team that has as many 10 million + guys as we do. If you do, that would be a better gage. We also typically don't have to release guys to create space or have to make trades to create cap room.

Also, this clearly didn't stop them from landing one of the top free agent prizes.
Originally posted by 49erKing:
Dee Ford is still killing us.

One last year of dead cap. Then the curse is lifted.

On another note, I remember he was supposed to go to Seattle and kill us. How did Dee Ford do with the Seahawks in 2022?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Salary Cap doesn't apply to the San Francisco 49ers in 2023. Because Roger Goodell said that he wants the 49ers to win a Super Bowl. So spend away Lynch, money is no object. While you're at it bring in the top CB in free agency too.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
According to Spotrac the 49ers have $5 mil in cap space as of right now, is that correct or close??

that is close I heard it was 6 mil, but they could be correct as well. This is true because none of our signings are official yet.
Salary Cap doesn't apply to the San Francisco 49ers in 2023. Because Roger Goodell said that he wants the 49ers to win a Super Bowl. So spend away Lynch, money is no object. While you're at it bring in the top CB in free agency too.

😂

If the NFL can waive the salary cap for the saints every year...why not us?
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:

The Saints have been paying.

Sure.. when you don't understand the salary cap it could look this way.
this is the AB bat signal

if you are seeing this come back AB
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

He's been in big meetings with usa today lawyers.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:

Sure.. when you don't understand the salary cap it could look this way.

OverTheCap.com now lists the 49ers as $2,859,959 over the $224.8 million salary cap. They will need to shave at least that number off their ledger by Wednesday.
should be interesting. also, in 2025 our team salary seems to go nuclear
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

He's been in big meetings with usa today lawyers.

Don't go there.
Originally posted by BP22:
OverTheCap.com now lists the 49ers as $2,859,959 over the $224.8 million salary cap. They will need to shave at least that number off their ledger by Wednesday.
should be interesting. also, in 2025 our team salary seems to go nuclear

What do you mean?
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:

The Saints have been paying.

I know. I was being sarcastic about how every off-season they go into it like 50 mil over the cap and still always go for splash signings.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Mar 13, 2023 at 7:42 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone