There are 457 users in the forums

49ers 2024 Salary Cap Thread, 2024 Cap Room=$55,944,326 as of 10/5/24

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by Viperboy:
How much cap space do we have with Fred Warner's restructure coupled with Ward's restructure?

Not enough. We're losing hella dudes.

What do you mean? Who are we losing?
Azzez
Ominihu
Ebukam
Mosely
J Ward
Brunskill
Mc Glinchey
Ridgeway
Jimmy G

Hella dudes
How much cap space do we have with Fred Warner's restructure coupled with Ward's restructure?

Azzez
Ominihu
Ebukam
Mosely
J Ward
Brunskill
Mc Glinchey
Ridgeway
Jimmy G

Hella dudes

Every guy on that list is replaceable.

I have been a fan a long time. I was here when we lost;

Charles Haley
Roger Craig
Ronnie Lott
Joe Montana
T.O
Buckner

Those guys on your list, I love them but they do not have the same effect.

Two of them I am so glad they are gone I celebrated yesterday.

But I hear you.

Azzez
Ominihu
Ebukam
Mosely
J Ward
Brunskill
Mc Glinchey
Ridgeway
Jimmy G

Hella dudes

Charles Haley
Roger Craig
Ronnie Lott
Joe Montana
T.O
Buckner

But I hear you.

Mostly just thin as hell at edge now. Who even played edge other than bosa and Jackson? They have to add somebody at edge.

Cornerbacks are a dime a dozen but with no pass rush off the edge we will suffer. Bosa can't be the only guy.

Plus this year there's a ton of good edge to grab, Quinn, Clark, Campbell, mack, etc... Just find the money and get one.
Originally posted by BoldRedandGold:

Azzez
Ominihu
Ebukam
Mosely
J Ward
Brunskill
Mc Glinchey
Ridgeway
Jimmy G

Hella dudes

Charles Haley
Roger Craig
Ronnie Lott
Joe Montana
T.O
Buckner

But I hear you.

Mostly just thin as hell at edge now. Who even played edge other than bosa and Jackson? They have to add somebody at edge.

Cornerbacks are a dime a dozen but with no pass rush off the edge we will suffer. Bosa can't be the only guy.

Plus this year there's a ton of good edge to grab, Quinn, Clark, Campbell, mack, etc... Just find the money and get one.

There's also a lot of good edge rushers in the draft.

Remember we just added a DL in Gravedigger that can get to the QB from the middle of the line.
Azzez
Ominihu
Ebukam
Mosely
J Ward
Brunskill
Mc Glinchey
Ridgeway
Jimmy G

Hella dudes

Only Ebukam, Moseley, Ward and MM were starters and Ebukam and MM are average. It can also be argued that Ward was outplayed by Gipson.

We lost some good depth but we had the most depth in the league so we are still in good shape. We will definitely sign an edge and a cb imo
Originally posted by elguapo:
Azzez
Ominihu
Ebukam
Mosely
J Ward
Brunskill
Mc Glinchey
Ridgeway
Jimmy G

Hella dudes

Only Ebukam, Moseley, Ward and MM were starters and Ebukam and MM are average. It can also be argued that Ward was outplayed by Gipson.

We lost some good depth but we had the most depth in the league so we are still in good shape. We will definitely sign an edge and a cb imo

I think everything on that list can be replaced as well.

Love those guys for what they did for us but this is a business. Moseley is the only one I wanted to keep, and maybe Azzez.
Azzez
Ominihu
Ebukam
Mosely
J Ward
Brunskill
Mc Glinchey
Ridgeway
Jimmy G

Hella dudes

It sucks to lose quality depth, but a lot of them are replaceable.
A year ago, we lost Laken Tomlinson and Jaquiski Tartt, but Aaron Banks and Talanoa Hufanga took steps forward in their sophomore years. Their rookie seasons didn't suggest that they could, but the staff and front office knew they would be able to start in Year 2.

It hurts to lose Emmanuel Moseley, but our defense was still the top defense when Deommodore Lenoir stepped in. Free Agency isn't done yet, but if Lenoir ends up being CB2, he'll be just fine. And Ambry Thomas is another young CB in the mix. CB2 and CB3 will be okay if it's those two guys, while Womack can be penciled in at Nickel.

Similarly, Drake Jackson at Defensive End could end up developing into the Edge Rusher opposite Bosa. And concerning the defensive line, we've taken in low-tier defensive linemen and Kocurek has squeezed out so much production from them. I don't see any reason why we won't be able to find hungry defensive linemen to come here and do well in a rotational role. Especially after seeing Omenihu, Ebukam, Ridgeway cash in this year... and Arden Key, Kerry Hyder cash in in previous years. Defensive linemen are going to want to come here on a one-year deal, shine, and then cash in next year.

All in all though. I trust the front office to find defensive depth. There's still a lot of free agency left, so there could still be a couple solid signings.
[ Edited by Wubbie on Mar 14, 2023 at 8:32 PM ]
Originally posted by Wubbie:
Azzez
Ominihu
Ebukam
Mosely
J Ward
Brunskill
Mc Glinchey
Ridgeway
Jimmy G

Hella dudes

A year ago, we lost Laken Tomlinson and Jaquiski Tartt, but Aaron Banks and Talanoa Hufanga took steps forward in their sophomore years. Their rookie seasons didn't suggest that they could, but the staff and front office knew they would be able to start in Year 2.

It hurts to lose Emmanuel Moseley, but our defense was still the top defense when Deommodore Lenoir stepped in. Free Agency isn't done yet, but if Lenoir ends up being CB2, he'll be just fine. And Ambry Thomas is another young CB in the mix. CB2 and CB3 will be okay if it's those two guys, while Womack can be penciled in at Nickel.

Similarly, Drake Jackson at Defensive End could end up developing into the Edge Rusher opposite Bosa. And concerning the defensive line, we've taken in low-tier defensive linemen and Kocurek has squeezed out so much production from them. I don't see any reason why we won't be able to find hungry defensive linemen to come here and do well in a rotational role. Especially after seeing Omenihu, Ebukam, Ridgeway cash in this year... and Arden Key, Kerry Hyder cash in in previous years. Defensive linemen are going to want to come here on a one-year deal, shine, and then cash in next year.

All in all though. I trust the front office to find defensive depth. There's still a lot of free agency left, so there could still be a couple solid signings.

Great post
Originally posted by Wubbie:
Azzez
Ominihu
Ebukam
Mosely
J Ward
Brunskill
Mc Glinchey
Ridgeway
Jimmy G

Hella dudes

Great post

Hear hear
  • fan49
  • Veteran

Yes so we lost 4 starters. Didn't fill any need at those four spots. And upgraded d line. We have not gotten better yet. Not saying we can't. But we have downgraded at rt, nickel, corner (Moseley to lenoire) outside linebacker, and d end. We again are not better yet

• fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BP22:
2025 cap hits
T. Williams - $30,460,000
Warner- $24,450,000
Samuel - $24,201,000
Kittle - $17,242,575
j. Hargrave - 19,900,000
Thats just 5 players. Paraag and his boys got it figured out though I'm thinking

Warner has already been done. I read we have 13.5 I don't know how accurate that is
Originally posted by fan49:

Yes so we lost 4 starters. Didn't fill any need at those four spots. And upgraded d line. We have not gotten better yet. Not saying we can't. But we have downgraded at rt, nickel, corner (Moseley to lenoire) outside linebacker, and d end. We again are not better yet

RT, OLB and DE I agree. The other two...meh.

I expect DE to be rectified shortly, RT we seem intent on building from within. OLB we'll probably draft someone I'm guessing. We've done well identifying guys who are reasonably plug and play.

I think Jimmie Ward was not a very good NCB. He was better towards the end of the year but was getting absolutely abused for many games. I'd say Womack could be an upgrade

At DE, Ebukam was solid defending the run but 5 sacks per year is average at best. I think Drake Jackson had 3.5 in his first 6 games not to mention a plethora of batted passes. Something Ebukam never could do. I'd say this is a downgrade vs the run but could be an upgrade as a pass rusher.

Same with MM to Colton McKivitz. Downgrade for sure in run blocking but might not be as a pass protector.

Like you said, "yet" but considering how elite our new DT is, that might lessen the downgrades
Originally posted by JaggedJ:

I expect DE to be rectified shortly, RT we seem intent on building from within. OLB we'll probably draft someone I'm guessing. We've done well identifying guys who are reasonably plug and play.

We drafted a DE last year.
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JaggedJ:

Which sucks. Because we don't have a tackle on the roster as good as mcflinchey. We have serviceable at best. Kyle does not care about oline that much imo. It's left tackle, and we will make it work with my scheme. We need an upgrade not a downgrade. Olb will be fine: but we downgraded at nickel, and rt so far. We are not as good as last season yet even with Hargrave. also would be nice to add an 8-10 sack guy on the edge: we have downgraded depth for sure at edge. I think we will solve that soon too..
[ Edited by fan49 on Mar 15, 2023 at 1:10 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone