Tests confirm 49ers WR Brandon Aiyuk suffered season-ending knee injury →

There are 382 users in the forums

49ers 2024 Salary Cap Thread, 2024 Cap Room=$55,944,326 as of 10/5/24

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by fan49:
Originally posted by JaggedJ:
RT, OLB and DE I agree. The other two...meh.

I expect DE to be rectified shortly, RT we seem intent on building from within. OLB we'll probably draft someone I'm guessing. We've done well identifying guys who are reasonably plug and play.

Which sucks. Because we don't have a tackle on the roster as good as mcflinchey. We have serviceable at best. Kyle does not care about oline that much imo. We need an upgrade not a downgrade. Olb will be fine: but we downgraded at nickel, and rt so far. We are not as good as last season yet even with Hargrave. also would be nice to add an 8-10 sack guy

I would argue we're not far off. As always when you're hard pressed against the cap, better or worse often comes down to rookies taking the second year leap or bargain buys outperforming their contract.

If Drake, Womak, Burford all take a leap then DE and Nickel look a lot better. If Burford takes a leap at RG then maybe the drop in RT isn't as noticeable.

The unknown factor isn't fun, but I don't think we'll really know if we're better or worse until the real bullets start flying.
Originally posted by BP22:
Originally posted by glorydayz:
OverTheCap.com now lists the 49ers as $2,859,959 over the $224.8 million salary cap. They will need to shave at least that number off their ledger by Wednesday.
should be interesting. also, in 2025 our team salary seems to go nuclear

What do you mean?
2025 cap hits
T. Williams - $30,460,000
Warner- $24,450,000
Samuel - $24,201,000
Kittle - $17,242,575
j. Hargrave - 19,900,000
Thats just 5 players. Paraag and his boys got it figured out though I'm thinking

Fortunately those are like the final years of most of those deals.

I expect it to be the end for Trent and possibly Kittle and Samuel (with us).
[ Edited by LifelongNiner on Mar 15, 2023 at 4:12 AM ]
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

Trent sure. Deebo/Kittle, why?
OverTheCap.com now lists the 49ers as $2,859,959 over the $224.8 million salary cap. They will need to shave at least that number off their ledger by Wednesday.

What do you mean?
2025 cap hits
Warner- $24,450,000
Samuel - $24,201,000
Kittle - $17,242,575
j. Hargrave - 19,900,000
Thats just 5 players. Paraag and his boys got it figured out though I'm thinking

Looking at their contracts individually there's less dead money than money saved. If they're still performing I think we'll see some more restructuring.

I doubt they all play on those numbers in 2025.

What do you mean?
2025 cap hits
Warner- $24,450,000
Samuel - $24,201,000
Kittle - $17,242,575
j. Hargrave - 19,900,000

What do you mean?
2025 cap hits
Warner- $24,450,000
Samuel - $24,201,000
Kittle - $17,242,575
j. Hargrave - 19,900,000

Looking at their contracts individually there's less dead money than money saved. If they're still performing I think we'll see some more restructuring.

Warner already changed his. Rest but Hargrave coming soon.
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:

What do you mean?
2025 cap hits
Warner- $24,450,000
Samuel - $24,201,000
Kittle - $17,242,575
j. Hargrave - 19,900,000

What do you mean?
2025 cap hits
Warner- $24,450,000
Samuel - $24,201,000
Kittle - $17,242,575
j. Hargrave - 19,900,000

Nothing stopping Warner from doing it again in a few years time.
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:

What do you mean?
2025 cap hits
Warner- $24,450,000
Samuel - $24,201,000
Kittle - $17,242,575
j. Hargrave - 19,900,000

What do you mean?
2025 cap hits
Warner- $24,450,000
Samuel - $24,201,000
Kittle - $17,242,575
j. Hargrave - 19,900,000

Nothing stopping Warner from doing it again in a few years time.

Of course. Hargrave will also in a couple years
"49ers restructure LB Warner's contract

The San Francisco 49ers are restructuring the contract of Pro Bowl linebacker Fred Warner, which will create $9.5 million in cap space, a source told ESPN."
When you see how much players lost from last season are getting in free agency it's easy to see why the FO are doing what they are doing. This is natural in the NFL, people forget. Players have a number and value ultimately, good luck to them if they can realise that number elsewhere or if other teams have a higher number for them.

Look at what the Eagles are having to do (releasing Slay for nothing even ?) and look at the success the Niners have had picking up that rotational depth in the first place (bar starters Ward - 32; McGlinchey - cost; Ebukam - meh).

It's wild seeing so many hitting free agency and understand the concerns some have with RT, RE and all but they seem to be doing a great job. And sure they will be hoping to sign some players in the later period of free agency when numbers go down.

I don't think any of the players lost (with full respect to former Niners players especially Ward) are "absolute must haves" are they ?

No need to panic.
Plus signing Hargrave is a big balls move, I like it, it could really help Drake Jackson's progress into far more snaps.

I'll take that one move over all of the losses, considering the wages being paid for the "must have" players here, there are weeks of free agency yet and 11 draft picks - late 3rd rounders and on of course).

No NFL team is perfect, they will figure some of this out. Re-signing Bosa is my only slight concern.

Sure they want to though.

The sky is not falling, the core of the team is completely intact.

For context compare what is happening here with what the Eagles are having to do.

Oh and apologies if this is straying from the original theme of the OP too much. Mea culpa.

* Slay just got released btw
[ Edited by UKNiner on Mar 15, 2023 at 8:11 AM ]

The Eagles just announced they are parting company with CB Darius slay.
Success equals players wanting more money and teams having to shed players because they can't afford them. It's a sad part of sports these days.There is no team loyalty by either side anymore. It's all about money and in some cases more playing time.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Pick up Darius Slay then close up shop and head to the draft. Man what a duo that would be C. Ward and Slay!!!!
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
A few targets I have my eye on for the 49ers:

Vet #2 TE: TE market has been incredible slow these first few days in FA. We could snag a budget buy vet like Austin Hooper or Robert Tonyan for a fair price.

Cheap RT competition: Greg Little and Cameron Flemming are two guys that could be spot starters at T and/or provide solid backup depth across our OL. Flemming signed for the vet min last year in DEN, so he wouldn't be expensive. Went to college at Stanford, so there's a regional connection.

DL depth: I don't know if we can afford the Leonard Floyds of the world but there's still a fair amount of lower tier talent out there. Sign Clelin Ferrell as the next Omeniheu on a vet min contract, target Oshane Ximines on a vet min deal as pure EDGE competition with Drake Jackson, re-sign Jordan Willis, and then draft an EDGE player on Day 3. For interior, we can re-sign McGill for the vet min.

Vet CBs: We lost E-Man and Ward, and we should eventually move on from DJ. Greedy Williams could be a target as Wilks coached him when he was CLE's DC in 2019. Bradley Roby is also a vet guy that Adam Peters knows very well. Out of all of these players, I think we snag a Greedy Williams and a depth/ST player like Myles Hartsfield - both have ties with our DC. From there we can further reload in the draft, but I think Lynch and Shanahan want to give Warmack and Thomas fair shots.

ST: Eddy Pinerio would be a good choice as a vet K to replace Gould. However, we should find a longer-term solution in the draft. We shouldn't allocate $12M to pure ST players like K, P, and LS.
Slay will still probably still get far more money than the Niners have.

Just watched First Take saying Niners should sign Lamar too. Apart from not having the picks or the money under the cap of course :)

Fantasy Island time, don't give in to it people !
Share 49ersWebzone