There are 277 users in the forums

49ers 2024 Salary Cap Thread, 2024 Cap Room=$55,944,326 as of 10/5/24

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by JTB1974:
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
Bosas cap number will go down this year.

I meant Bosa's extension would take care of the money owed to our rookies.

Misunderstood.
Originally posted by UKNiner:
Bosa's going to want nearer to $30m a year for the extension (?), I have literally no idea how they get that one done.

Should be a 4 or 5 year deal, with the biggest cap hits down the line.
Hopefully it works out that we don't really feel it until 2026 or so. At that point, a lot of the older contracts shouldn't be hurting the cap as much.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
What is the 49ers cap situation now??
Originally posted by Kolohe:

It was just over 12M before Oliver. I don't think we have his contract value reported yet.

A plethora of cap space after we restructure McCaffery
Originally posted by elguapo:

A plethora of cap space after we restructure McCaffery

Are we sure they are restructuring CMC? I guess if it's a big target they still want to add. They might bit the bullet and pay him now instead of pushing more money down the road. At some point that's gonna catch up to them.
Originally posted by Wubbie:
Bosa's going to want nearer to $30m a year for the extension (?), I have literally no idea how they get that one done.

Hopefully it works out that we don't really feel it until 2026 or so. At that point, a lot of the older contracts shouldn't be hurting the cap as much.

That's why they have to be careful with all the restructuring. Gotta pay some guys now. Can't push every bodies salary down the road. They have a few guys who will have bigger paydays coming in 25 and 26 already. Plus you add in these void years with dead cap hits. Hopefully the cap will increase to help. They can still find other ways to maneuver. But make no mistakes this Bosa contract isn't going to be easy. Would be good to get a deal done before whoever the next guy is that will break the bank and reset the market. Then they will have to top whatever that amount may be. And at some point you have to pay your FQB, I think most want to keep BA as well. That's an extremely tall task. We missed the window of most of our skill guys being cheap. Saving grace for the cap now is that they aren't paying much for the current group of qb's. Once they have to pay a guy 30 million a year s**t's gonna get tough. It's win now mode
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by Wubbie:

That's why they have to be careful with all the restructuring. Gotta pay some guys now. Can't push every bodies salary down the road. They have a few guys who will have bigger paydays coming in 25 and 26 already. Plus you add in these void years with dead cap hits. Hopefully the cap will increase to help. They can still find other ways to maneuver. But make no mistakes this Bosa contract isn't going to be easy. Would be good to get a deal done before whoever the next guy is that will break the bank and reset the market. Then they will have to top whatever that amount may be. And at some point you have to pay your FQB, I think most want to keep BA as well. That's an extremely tall task. We missed the window of most of our skill guys being cheap. Saving grace for the cap now is that they aren't paying much for the current group of qb's. Once they have to pay a guy 30 million a year s**t's gonna get tough. It's win now mode

We will just trade away an expensive and unnecessary deal once the time comes. We have Paraag here so we are good

Little over 12 million
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:

Little over 12 million

Down to 7.6

Doesn't seem like we will be signing any more big free agents. Looking forward to the Draft and Bosa extension now.
Tells part of the picture

Originally posted by mitpdub:
Tells part of the picture

Yes but only 3 starters (MM, Moseley and Ekubam)
Ward was a nickle so he wasn't full time
Al Shaair only played 15 or so snaps as a 3rd LB

Whereas Philly lost 7 starters
both safeties
both LBs
The Gravedigger
Starting rb Miles Sanders
starting LG
Hey AB81, always good to see you on the boards.

I do have a question, though.the kirk cousins contract or any similar language of "on roster (X) day of 2021 league year, 2022 injury guaranteed salary becomes fully guaranteed."

How does that fall with the escrow rules?
Does the injury guarantee sit in escrow? Or on (X) day the money goes into escrow? Or does it ever have to go into escrow?
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
Hey AB81, always good to see you on the boards.

I do have a question, though.the kirk cousins contract or any similar language of "on roster (X) day of 2021 league year, 2022 injury guaranteed salary becomes fully guaranteed."

How does that fall with the escrow rules?
Does the injury guarantee sit in escrow? Or on (X) day the money goes into escrow? Or does it ever have to go into escrow?

I think AB left this place a while ago already if I'm not mistaken.
Share 49ersWebzone