There are 270 users in the forums

49ers 2024 Salary Cap Thread, 2024 Cap Room=$55,944,326 as of 10/5/24

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Just an FYI last Saturday Deebo had the remainder of his 2024 base salary fully GTD, so he won't be cut in 2024 for those who think he might, trade also unlikely, Pre June 1 only saves like $6.779M, post June 1 saves $21.922M, not when the team would need that money in March, not June, and if the team wanted to trade Deebo they'd want a pick in 2024 not 2025.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Just an FYI last Saturday Deebo had the remainder of his 2024 base salary fully GTD, so he won't be cut in 2024 for those who think he might, trade also unlikely, Pre June 1 only saves like $6.779M, post June 1 saves $21.922M, not when the team would need that money in March, not June, and if the team wanted to trade Deebo they'd want a pick in 2024 not 2025.

What would Aiyuk's situation look like as far as a potential trade candidate after this upcoming season?
Originally posted by illinois9er:

What would Aiyuk's situation look like as far as a potential trade candidate after this upcoming season?

Once his 5th yr option is picked up he'll have $14.124M GTD, so they could save that, but I don't see anyway they trade Aiyuk or Deebo.
The team will have to redo some other contracts or somehow hope Bosa will wait until next year to free up cap room. Letting a few players go this year will give us more room next year. Like Ford and Ward are costing about 14-16 m against the cap room alone. I guess we will see how good the front office is.
Originally posted by Cg9erSF:
The team will have to redo some other contracts or somehow hope Bosa will wait until next year to free up cap room. Letting a few players go this year will give us more room next year. Like Ford and Ward are costing about 14-16 m against the cap room alone. I guess we will see how good the front office is.

huh? Why would we want to wait to extend Bosa? He's set to count over $17.8M on the salary cap, extend him now and they'll save much needed cap room. We're not losing anyone, or cutting anyone this year.
huh? Why would we want to wait to extend Bosa? He's set to count over $17.8M on the salary cap, extend him now and they'll save much needed cap room. We're not losing anyone, or cutting anyone this year.

Good to see you back here brother
Originally posted by illinois9er:

Once his 5th yr option is picked up he'll have $14.124M GTD, so they could save that, but I don't see anyway they trade Aiyuk or Deebo.

I don't think people realize that the core of this team is set up for a 2-3 year run. Like none of these guys are going anywhere unless a team overpays. I would consider anything less than a 1st and multiple day 2 and 3 picks for either Deebo and Aiyuk, and the 1st would have to be a top 10 pick.

I'm just hoping that we have a few good draft to keep a fair number of talented players on rookie deals.
I heard a former GM talking bout Lamar Jackson and he predicted that at the current rate of escalation, we will see QBs making $60-&70 million per season within the next 5 years. The cap will need to rise to rise to at least $350 million in order to keep the QB salaries under 20% of the total.
Originally posted by frenchmov:

Good to see you back here brother

Thanks my friend
New article, some contract updates, https://49erscap.com/index.php/2023/04/08/contract-detail-updates-for-javon-hargrave-sam-darnold-jake-brendel-isaiah-oliver-colton-mckivitz-clelin-ferrell/

Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I heard a former GM talking bout Lamar Jackson and he predicted that at the current rate of escalation, we will see QBs making $60-&70 million per season within the next 5 years. The cap will need to rise to rise to at least $350 million in order to keep the QB salaries under 20% of the total.

Probably a huge reason why the league is pushing back on the whole fully guaranteed contracts. There needs to be a correction, like what they did with the rookie scale contracts. Remember first overall picks were getting like $80M deals fully guaranteed. Lol super ridiculous

makes KC contract with mahommes look even smarter now.
[ Edited by tankle104 on Apr 8, 2023 at 9:25 PM ]
AB, facing the inevitable, what happens if Trent retires next year or the year after. There must be some big chunks of dead money?
Originally posted by kirkscrafford:
AB, facing the inevitable, what happens if Trent retires next year or the year after. There must be some big chunks of dead money?

Good question, I was under the impression that if a player Retires - all the remaining bonus and cap becomes clear.

Dead money would be around $15.309M in 2024 pre June 1, $7.209M post June 1, savings would be $12.7M pre June 1, $21.989M post June 1.

$8.199M dead money in 2025 pre June 1, $6.12M post June 1, $22.26M savings pre June 1, $24.439M post June 1.

So there would be some significant cap room saved, but a big hole left at LT.
Originally posted by tankle104:

Good question, I was under the impression that if a player Retires - all the remaining bonus and cap becomes clear.

Any GTD money if forfeited, so if he retired this year he would forfeit his $16.3M that's now fully GTD. But dead money would still exist, the team can go after the signing bonus prorations, idk about the option bonus prorations since they picked up his 2024-2026 option years.
Share 49ersWebzone