There are 221 users in the forums

49ers 2024 Salary Cap Thread, 2024 Cap Room=$55,944,326 as of 10/5/24

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by JTB1974:
Originally posted by tankle104:
AB - how likely do you think it is that we do some more contract restructures to clear additional cap space to have during the season and for extensions like Bosa?

also, what do you anticipate happening with CMC contract since he doesn't have any guaranteed money left? Do you think he would restructure to help the team in the short term and lock himself in some money for future seasons?

Don't have to clear cap space for Bosa. Bosa's extension will actually lower his 2023 cap. They should gain like $13 Million in cap space after his extension. It's why I wanted them to extend him prior to free agency.

I have a question - why would we make his extension where we have an additional $13M for 2023? What's the benefit?

wouldn't it be more beneficial to pay him more this year, like we already are, to lessen the hit down the road?

i really don't know the answer. Hahah I'm just trying to understand all the levers here. I just worry about the salary cap cause we have a lot of huge salary hits coming 2024+
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Correct, signing bonuses are usually paid upfront, unless it's a big bonus, then they have installment payments that the team makes to the player, the player gets the bonus by the end of the league year usually, you'll see top draft picks get this, they won't get their signing bonus all upfront, but they get by the end of the league year.

Hmm very interesting. Do you know they do that sometimes? Is more of just a "cash on hand" thing? Or is it more of a motivation factor?

Whoever drafts that DT Carter from Georgia should DEF do that with him. Hahaha dude doesn't seem motivated at all

It's a normal thing for big signing bonuses, both vets & rookies.

AB - how likely do you think it is that we do some more contract restructures to clear additional cap space to have during the season and for extensions like Bosa?

also, what do you anticipate happening with CMC contract since he doesn't have any guaranteed money left? Do you think he would restructure to help the team in the short term and lock himself in some money for future seasons?

Don't have to clear cap space for Bosa. Bosa's extension will actually lower his 2023 cap. They should gain like $13 Million in cap space after his extension. It's why I wanted them to extend him prior to free agency.

The deal likely won't clear that much, more in the $9M range, They probably get his cap number down to between $7M & $10M, depends on the size of his signing bonus, the bigger the bonus, the less cap room they will save.

I have a question - why would we make his extension where we have an additional $13M for 2023? What's the benefit?

wouldn't it be more beneficial to pay him more this year, like we already are, to lessen the hit down the road?

i really don't know the answer. Hahah I'm just trying to understand all the levers here. I just worry about the salary cap cause we have a lot of huge salary hits coming 2024+

The team's going to need cap room for in season moves, I did a mock roster on my site, and they'd need to redo someone to have cap room, or when they sign Bosa, they'll need to lower the number down, plus it would help with carryover, if the 49ers don't use the money in season.

The team's going to need cap room for in season moves, I did a mock roster on my site, and they'd need to redo someone to have cap room, or when they sign Bosa, they'll need to lower the number down, plus it would help with carryover, if the 49ers don't use the money in season.

Understood, makes sense! Appreciate you playing 21 Q with me. Hahaha very insightful.

is OverTheCap your website?
[ Edited by tankle104 on Apr 13, 2023 at 5:00 PM ]

Understood, makes sense! Appreciate you playing 21 Q with me. Hahaha very insightful.

No worries.

No, mine is 49erscap.com

No worries.

No, mine is 49erscap.com

Awesome! I'll start using that as a resource.

No worries.

No, mine is 49erscap.com

Awesome! I'll start using that as a resource.

I know it has been said a bunch already but welcome back!
Originally posted by saj4423:

I know it has been said a bunch already but welcome back!

Thanks bud
My take on the Trey Lance trade rumors, and why it makes no sense

https://49erscap.com/index.php/2023/04/15/why-trading-trey-lance-makes-zero-sense/

https://49erscap.com/index.php/2023/04/15/why-trading-trey-lance-makes-zero-sense/

Welcome back, AB! So glad to see you back on the 'zone!

Read your article on your site, and I totally agree with what you wrote. Breaking it down in multiple facets, it's clear as day that the 49ers aren't gonna trade Lance.

On a side note, I saw on your site you're from New York. I've been wanting to find a place in NYC to watch 49ers games. If you have any recommendations, I'd appreciate it!
Originally posted by InfiniteEight:

Welcome back, AB! So glad to see you back on the 'zone!

Read your article on your site, and I totally agree with what you wrote. Breaking it down in multiple facets, it's clear as day that the 49ers aren't gonna trade Lance.

On a side note, I saw on your site you're from New York. I've been wanting to find a place in NYC to watch 49ers games. If you have any recommendations, I'd appreciate it!
Thanks, appreciate it.

As for NYC, I don't live there, more in the Albany area, and I'm a NFL Sunday Ticket sub every year will be again with YouTube.
Bump, I have the 49ers at $10,763,362 under, before draft picks & UDFAs, after those guys I'd have them at $10,436,728.

Some new articles.

https://49erscap.com/index.php/2023/05/07/an-updated-look-at-the-49ers-2023-salary-cap-situation-plus-my-locks-key-camp-battles/

https://49erscap.com/index.php/2023/05/05/a-deeper-look-at-the-49ers-2023-draft-class-projected-contract-details/
Before knowing the UDFAs bonuses/guaranteed money, I have the 49ers at $10,506,728 in salary cap room, includes a projection of Brandon Allen, Troy Fumagalli, & Marlon Davidson having $940K cap numbers.
Have us at $10,354,228 in cap room.

Also terms for Brandon Allen, Marlon Davidson, & Troy Fumagalli are in, Davidson & Fumagalli signed 1yr $940K deals, Allen got a 1yr deal with $200K GTD in his base salary, basically salary for a PS player, also has a $152,500 roster bonus for making the week 1 53-man roster, if he does.
Share 49ersWebzone