49ers remain on losing side of Chiefs rivalry in 28-18 defeat →

There are 473 users in the forums

49ers 2024 Salary Cap Thread, 2024 Cap Room=$55,944,326 as of 10/5/24

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

Goes up big time next year, Deebo at I think $29M ish, BA at $14.124M, but it won't be that when the season comes around, Deebo will be restructured, BA extended with low year 1 & 2 cap numbers.
Who the f**k is Denver paying so much money to at WR?
Originally posted by lamontb:

Sutton is making over $18M in cap room, Tim Patrick over $11M, those are their 2 highest WR salaries.
I suspect bosa will sign his extension when he reports for training camp. We seem to have a history of things like that happening.
Originally posted by lamontb:

Lmao that was my first thought too. Terrible signings. They're solid players but not that good.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Goes up big time next year, Deebo at I think $29M ish, BA at $14.124M, but it won't be that when the season comes around, Deebo will be restructured, BA extended with low year 1 & 2 cap numbers.

Interesting. Do you think these type of restructurings will hurt us cap wise over the next few seasons? We seem to keep adding to dead cap years.
Originally posted by tankle104:

Interesting. Do you think these type of restructurings will hurt us cap wise over the next few seasons? We seem to keep adding to dead cap years.

I think it's only bad when its done for guys that aren't around. Example- I think this is the last year of any dead cap for Dee Ford.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

I think it's only bad when its done for guys that aren't around. Example- I think this is the last year of any dead cap for Dee Ford.

Same thing I was gonna say. All depends on if they stay healthy.

I don't, you restructure players that you view as long term fits, they've made the mistake of redoing Dee Ford & Jimmie Ward more than 1 time each. I also think the best solution is to not redo a player in back to back years, or like 3yrs in a row, that's what got the Saints in such bad cap hell, just redo everyone cause why not, we can have $60M in cap room, for that season, then the next you're $100M over. So redo guys who are core guys, future guys, like Warner, Ward, CMC, Deebo, Kittle, Armstead, etc..... But I don't see an issue next year, I liken next years cap to 2022's when we were like $20M over, and redid Kittle & Armstead, we still got Mooney Ward, and kept Azeez on the 2nd rd tender, so you redo Deebo, extend Ward, Dre, maybe Armstead, tender Jauan Jennings at the 2nd rd level, and then sign a big name, might not be as big as Hargrave, the #1 FA available, but in the Mooney Ward to Hargrave range, or in between somewhere.
I suspect bosa will sign his extension when he reports for training camp. We seem to have a history of things like that happening.

Yeah, I think it happens at beginning of TC, or shortly thereafter.

Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

Well if you look at the contracts like CMC & Hargrave - we will be paying them millions once their contract is over. I think it's spread out over 2 years once the contract ends.

I don't, you restructure players that you view as long term fits, they've made the mistake of redoing Dee Ford & Jimmie Ward more than 1 time each. I also think the best solution is to not redo a player in back to back years, or like 3yrs in a row, that's what got the Saints in such bad cap hell, just redo everyone cause why not, we can have $60M in cap room, for that season, then the next you're $100M over. So redo guys who are core guys, future guys, like Warner, Ward, CMC, Deebo, Kittle, Armstead, etc..... But I don't see an issue next year, I liken next years cap to 2022's when we were like $20M over, and redid Kittle & Armstead, we still got Mooney Ward, and kept Azeez on the 2nd rd tender, so you redo Deebo, extend Ward, Dre, maybe Armstead, tender Jauan Jennings at the 2nd rd level, and then sign a big name, might not be as big as Hargrave, the #1 FA available, but in the Mooney Ward to Hargrave range, or in between somewhere.

Thanks for the explanation. To make sure I'm understanding that right, it's best to restructure guys who you plan on keeping around. Is that because when you do their next extension, you can fiddle around with the money they moved around during the restructure?

Thanks for the explanation. To make sure I'm understanding that right, it's best to restructure guys who you plan on keeping around. Is that because when you do their next extension, you can fiddle around with the money they moved around during the restructure?

Exactly, redo the guys you plan on having around long term, so when you go to extend them, that pending dead money from void years gets spread over the life of the contract, with a certain amount each year, depending on how many times you redid the deal, and/or if there was void years in there to begin with, like with most 49ers & NFL contracts nowadays.

Exactly, redo the guys you plan on having around long term, so when you go to extend them, that pending dead money from void years gets spread over the life of the contract, with a certain amount each year, depending on how many times you redid the deal, and/or if there was void years in there to begin with, like with most 49ers & NFL contracts nowadays.

Makes sense. Very interesting. Unfortunately it's difficult to know who you'll have around, or want around, 3+ years from now but you can take some educated guesses. Like I think CMC has 3+ more years left in him but its hard to predict at that position and his age. Same with guys like hargrave because of his age in 4 years. Or armstead.

Id def extend guys like Warner, Huff etc. I'm sure everhtbing will work out, I'm just thinking out loud.

Makes sense. Very interesting. Unfortunately it's difficult to know who you'll have around, or want around, 3+ years from now but you can take some educated guesses. Like I think CMC has 3+ more years left in him but its hard to predict at that position and his age. Same with guys like hargrave because of his age in 4 years. Or armstead.

Id def extend guys like Warner, Huff etc. I'm sure everhtbing will work out, I'm just thinking out loud.

Honestly, when you have so many high quality players at so many positions- what options do you have? I'd rather have that problem as opposed to having the tons and tons of cap space we had prior to this regime because there weren't many players worth extensions or big contracts.

CMC is interesting because he is so good as a receiver that I can see him having a longer than normal career if he used more as a receiver than a runner as the years go on. If Mitchell could stay healthy, we could do that.
Share 49ersWebzone