49ers remain on losing side of Chiefs rivalry in 28-18 defeat →

There are 429 users in the forums

49ers 2024 Salary Cap Thread, 2024 Cap Room=$55,944,326 as of 10/5/24

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Plenty of money left after we extend Bosa. Would like to see us add Yannick or Clowney and Marcus Peters on one year deals.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Goes up big time next year, Deebo at I think $29M ish, BA at $14.124M, but it won't be that when the season comes around, Deebo will be restructured, BA extended with low year 1 & 2 cap numbers.

Interesting. Do you think these type of restructurings will hurt us cap wise over the next few seasons? We seem to keep adding to dead cap years.

I don't, you restructure players that you view as long term fits, they've made the mistake of redoing Dee Ford & Jimmie Ward more than 1 time each. I also think the best solution is to not redo a player in back to back years, or like 3yrs in a row, that's what got the Saints in such bad cap hell, just redo everyone cause why not, we can have $60M in cap room, for that season, then the next you're $100M over. So redo guys who are core guys, future guys, like Warner, Ward, CMC, Deebo, Kittle, Armstead, etc..... But I don't see an issue next year, I liken next years cap to 2022's when we were like $20M over, and redid Kittle & Armstead, we still got Mooney Ward, and kept Azeez on the 2nd rd tender, so you redo Deebo, extend Ward, Dre, maybe Armstead, tender Jauan Jennings at the 2nd rd level, and then sign a big name, might not be as big as Hargrave, the #1 FA available, but in the Mooney Ward to Hargrave range, or in between somewhere.

Thanks for the explanation. To make sure I'm understanding that right, it's best to restructure guys who you plan on keeping around. Is that because when you do their next extension, you can fiddle around with the money they moved around during the restructure?

Exactly, redo the guys you plan on having around long term, so when you go to extend them, that pending dead money from void years gets spread over the life of the contract, with a certain amount each year, depending on how many times you redid the deal, and/or if there was void years in there to begin with, like with most 49ers & NFL contracts nowadays.

Makes sense. Very interesting. Unfortunately it's difficult to know who you'll have around, or want around, 3+ years from now but you can take some educated guesses. Like I think CMC has 3+ more years left in him but its hard to predict at that position and his age. Same with guys like hargrave because of his age in 4 years. Or armstead.

Id def extend guys like Warner, Huff etc. I'm sure everhtbing will work out, I'm just thinking out loud.

Honestly, when you have so many high quality players at so many positions- what options do you have? I'd rather have that problem as opposed to having the tons and tons of cap space we had prior to this regime because there weren't many players worth extensions or big contracts.

CMC is interesting because he is so good as a receiver that I can see him having a longer than normal career if he used more as a receiver than a runner as the years go on. If Mitchell could stay healthy, we could do that.

Yeah, I think someone like CMC will are well in the NFL. He offers a lot for a RB. Pretty much everything you'd want in a back. He also takes exceptional care of himself.

i think it'll help him extend his career by not being such a workhorse. In Carolina, they ran everything through him. He took a beating. Here he has so much more room cause if the talent around him and the scheme. He's an ideal fit for the scheme
Originally posted by 9NERNATE:
Plenty of money left after we extend Bosa. Would like to see us add Yannick or Clowney and Marcus Peters on one year deals.

We should save around $9.779M if we give Bosa a $35M signing bonus, I would love Yannick, not a fan of Clowney, I wouldn't mind Peters, but remember that the in season cap room won't be what it is now, or after a Bosa extension, only top 51 players count, so players 52 & 53, plus your Practice Squad, which would cost around $1.5M for the 52nd and 53rd player, and $4,384,800 for the practice squad if we sign 10 non vets, and 6 max vets allowed on the PS, we should open up the season with between $14M to $16M in cap room, pending the Bosa deals terms, if I'm right & they give him a $35M signing bonus, then it should end up in between those 2 numbers I mentioned. I hope we get deep enough into the offseason that guys like Yannick, Peters, & others will take like $3M base value, with some good incentive packages. The market is so slow right now, so many good name FAs, still unsigned, the backs like Cook, Zeke, EDGE like Yannick, Clowney, Peters at CB, many more, just crazy how much talent is out there, you could introduce a 33rd team with what's out there FA wise, and they might be able to play well enough for a wild card spot.
Originally posted by 9NERNATE:

We should save around $9.779M if we give Bosa a $35M signing bonus, I would love Yannick, not a fan of Clowney, I wouldn't mind Peters, but remember that the in season cap room won't be what it is now, or after a Bosa extension, only top 51 players count, so players 52 & 53, plus your Practice Squad, which would cost around $1.5M for the 52nd and 53rd player, and $4,384,800 for the practice squad if we sign 10 non vets, and 6 max vets allowed on the PS, we should open up the season with between $14M to $16M in cap room, pending the Bosa deals terms, if I'm right & they give him a $35M signing bonus, then it should end up in between those 2 numbers I mentioned. I hope we get deep enough into the offseason that guys like Yannick, Peters, & others will take like $3M base value, with some good incentive packages. The market is so slow right now, so many good name FAs, still unsigned, the backs like Cook, Zeke, EDGE like Yannick, Clowney, Peters at CB, many more, just crazy how much talent is out there, you could introduce a 33rd team with what's out there FA wise, and they might be able to play well enough for a wild card spot.

All very true!
Can the team restructure AA this year? He's taking up too much cap space.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

Sure they can, but not sure why you do it now, don't need the cap room right now, and it would 1. raise his cap hit in 2024, and 2. make it impossible, or near impossible to get out of his contract, despite the fact I think they extend him next year.

Sure they can, but not sure why you do it now, don't need the cap room right now, and it would 1. raise his cap hit in 2024, and 2. make it impossible, or near impossible to get out of his contract, despite the fact I think they extend him next year.

Didn't they restructure AA already this offseason or was that last offseason?

If it would make things worse (increase his 10% cap hit), then you wouldn't. I was just wondering if the cap hit could be reduced in 2023 to provide more room for Bosa. Sounds like its too late to do that.

If it would make things worse (increase his 10% cap hit), then you wouldn't. I was just wondering if the cap hit could be reduced in 2023 to provide more room for Bosa. Sounds like its too late to do that.

No need to worry about Bosa, his extension should save the team nearly $10M in cap room anyway.
Originally posted by btthepunk:

2022 offseason, Kittle too that year. Still got Mooney Ward too.

Originally posted by btthepunk:

2022 offseason, Kittle too that year. Still got Mooney Ward too.

Man time goes by too fast.
Update, have the 49ers at $9,217,233 under, with new news that Jon Feliciano's $1M incentives count as LTBEs.
Latest article, https://49erscap.com/index.php/2023/07/17/breaking-down-every-known-incentives-in-every-49ers-players-contracts/
New article, https://49erscap.com/index.php/2023/07/21/explaining-why-the-49ers-2024-salary-cap-situation-isnt-as-bad-as-some-make-it-out-to-be/
Ruling out rookie contracts who's the best and worst for value for money on the team right now?
Old man Trent(35) Williams is on $27M. Deebo $6M. CMC $3.4M AA $19M......
[ Edited by KeepRabbitsOut on Jul 30, 2023 at 4:40 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone