49ers remain on losing side of Chiefs rivalry in 28-18 defeat →

There are 830 users in the forums

49ers 2024 Salary Cap Thread, 2024 Cap Room=$55,944,326 as of 10/5/24

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by KeepRabbitsOut:
Ruling out rookie contracts who's the best and worst for value for money on the team right now?
Old man Trent(35) Williams is on $27M. Deebo $6M. CMC $3.4M AA $19M......

Pointing out Armstead's inflated hit is unfair imo. His cap hits when he signed the big extension were small to push $ into the future.
Originally posted by illinois9er:
Ruling out rookie contracts who's the best and worst for value for money on the team right now?

Pointing out Armstead's inflated hit is unfair imo. His cap hits when he signed the big extension were small to push $ into the future.

It's not unfair due to the question being right now
Originally posted by lamontb:

There types of things don't work well with Paraag contracts since it all depends on where you are in the contract lifespan. Look at Warners cap hit this year compared to next year for example.
Maybe they will redo AA's contract after they nail down Bosa's contract?
Paraag Is pretty good at this numbers game it will be interesting to see what he does with Bosa and probably other contracts before the start of the season. 5 wks to go!!
Originally posted by Cg9erSF:
Per AB, reworking AA's terrible cap hit number this year will only make things worse and we don't need the money right now.

Have to suck it up and realize that AA is way overpaid for what he will bring to the field this year.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Per AB, reworking AA's terrible cap hit number this year will only make things worse and we don't need the money right now.

Have to suck it up and realize that AA is way overpaid for what he will bring to the field this year.

Exactly. Just gotta pay the man. Can't keep extending and pushing everybody down the road. Eventually that will catch up with you.

Exactly. Just gotta pay the man. Can't keep extending and pushing everybody down the road. Eventually that will catch up with you.

AA taking WAY LESS money in prior years helped us RETAIN and acquire good players that would NOT of been on the team if he didn't do that. People who are complaining about him not being worth it THIS year are hilarious and short sighted for sure.
Originally posted by elguapo:
AA taking WAY LESS money in prior years helped us RETAIN and acquire good players that would NOT of been on the team if he didn't do that. People who are complaining about him not being worth it THIS year are hilarious and short sighted for sure.

Exactly what I was getting at earlier, good post

He did it to get more guaranteed $. Let's not pretend that restructuring is a one way street. It's always give and take.

Also, I was told in NT that this is a "what have you done for me lately" league.

The bottom line is AA is overpaid this season but the team is set up so that is not a problem. Nothing short sighted about that. That's good LONG TERM planning by the FO.

and to be clear, the other issue is him not being worth what he's paid in total, not just this year.
[ Edited by NineFourNiner on Jul 31, 2023 at 8:57 PM ]

Thanks CHICAGOOOOOOOOOO. It's Science

He did it to get more guaranteed $. Let's not pretend that restructuring is a one way street. It's always give and take.

Also, I was told in NT that this is a "what have you done for me lately" league.

The bottom line is AA is overpaid this season but the team is set up so that is not a problem. Nothing short sighted about that. That's good LONG TERM planning by the FO.

and to be clear, the other issue is him not being worth what he's paid in total, not just this year.

We weren't talking at all about the benefits to him. That is not what we were saying at all.

Also it is in fact very shortsighted to make that statement because the fact of the matter is he took way less prior years in order for us to keep our team together. Just because he's more expensive now that's just the way it works and that is why our front office is one of the best at structuring contracts. I don't know how that's so hard for people to grasp or understand but here we are.

You are right though he's not worth his average salary per year let's just say it was 17 million. I would say he's worth closer to 12-14 million per year but over paying by a couple million is not a huge deal. Like I said before he is a major reason (along with some others who restructured) we were able to help keep our team together without losing players that we would've had to or even gaining players in free agency
[ Edited by elguapo on Jul 31, 2023 at 10:25 PM ]

We weren't talking at all about the benefits to him. That is not what we were saying at all.

Also it is in fact very shortsighted to make that statement because the fact of the matter is he took way less prior years in order for us to keep our team together. Just because he's more expensive now that's just the way it works and that is why our front office is one of the best at structuring contracts. I don't know how that's so hard for people to grasp or understand but here we are.

You are right though he's not worth his average salary per year let's just say it was 17 million. I would say he's worth closer to 12-14 million per year but over paying by a couple million is not a huge deal. Like I said before he is a major reason (along with some others who restructured) we were able to help keep our team together without losing players that we would've had to or even gaining players in free agency

Glad we agree.

AA isn't actually 'making more money' though. Its all just Paraag math catching up to this contract, essentially an inevitable factor. His cap hit is something like 7-8 mil more than his actual pay this year.

Glad we agree.

You bet my man

I do have to say though for as unremarkable as he's played the last two seasons (injured for 8+ games this last year), during the playoffs he has been arguably our best player the last two years. I will take that any day of the week

He really made Dallas his b***h. He really should of leveled Dak for a safety but with our luck it would of been a roughing penalty
[ Edited by elguapo on Aug 1, 2023 at 1:43 PM ]
New article, my newest roster projection, https://49erscap.com/index.php/2023/08/02/updated-49ers-53-man-roster-projection-with-injured-lists-practice-squad-2023-2024-salary-cap-implications-2-weeks-into-training-camp/
Share 49ersWebzone