There are 873 users in the forums

49ers 2024 Salary Cap Thread, 2024 Cap Room=$55,944,326 as of 10/5/24

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
Do the Cowboys get a 5th year option?

Yes, they get that option to make in 2024.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by illinois9er:
Originally posted by elguapo:
AA taking WAY LESS money in prior years helped us RETAIN and acquire good players that would NOT of been on the team if he didn't do that. People who are complaining about him not being worth it THIS year are hilarious and short sighted for sure.

Exactly what I was getting at earlier, good post

The bottom line is AA is overpaid this season but the team is set up so that is not a problem. Nothing short sighted about that. That's good LONG TERM planning by the FO.

and to be clear, the other issue is him not being worth what he's paid in total, not just this year.

AA was a monster when he is not double teamed.....

other teams only get an easy choice of one out of the two...AA or Hargrave is about to go off... some one is going to get fed a better then average diet of single teams.
Latest article, https://49erscap.com/index.php/2023/09/02/breaking-down-the-49ers-2023-2024-salary-cap-situations-post-cut-down-day/
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Latest article, https://49erscap.com/index.php/2023/09/02/breaking-down-the-49ers-2023-2024-salary-cap-situations-post-cut-down-day/

QQ….why is Lombardi dating they have no cap space?
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

Right now they'd be over if Bosa counted, since he hasn't reported the team is over, but the top 51 rule doesn't expire till this coming Wednesday.

Right now they'd be over if Bosa counted, since he hasn't reported the team is over, but the top 51 rule doesn't expire till this coming Wednesday.

So once he's extended do you see them having close to $20mil?

So once he's extended do you see them having close to $20mil?

More likely to have in the $7M-$8M range for 2023, depending on Bosa's signing bonus, and how much they save, he likely gets a $40M signing bonus.

AB,
Could the 51 rule's expiration have something to do with the timing of the contract announcement/signing?
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:

AB,
Could the 51 rule's expiration have something to do with the timing of the contract announcement/signing?

Possible, they need to get the contract signed before the top 51 rule expires, or else they need to restructure someones contract to have cap room, as they're about $1.94M over the cap if all 78 players signed counted.

AB,

Possible, they need to get the contract signed before the top 51 rule expires, or else they need to restructure someones contract to have cap room, as they're about $1.94M over the cap if all 78 players signed counted.

I swear it seems like sometimes we spend as much time worrying about the salary cap as we do player performance. Time to get rid of the cap. Let's be like the NFL and the NBA where owners can spend whatever they want if their willing to pay a luxury tax. The owners are all billionaires. The top players are getting paid so much that they're in the top one tenth of one percent. Let greed consume them.

Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

AB,

I swear it seems like sometimes we spend as much time worrying about the salary cap as we do player performance. Time to get rid of the cap. Let's be like the NFL and the NBA where owners can spend whatever they want if their willing to pay a luxury tax. The owners are all billionaires. The top players are getting paid so much that they're in the top one tenth of one percent. Let greed consume them.

I'd be for something similar to the NBA, but doubt the NFL and Owners would agree to it, despite being billionaires, these guys are cheap, and would rather horde their money rather than giving it to their players.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

AB,

I'd be for something similar to the NBA, but doubt the NFL and Owners would agree to it, despite being billionaires, these guys are cheap, and would rather horde their money rather than giving it to their players.

It's funny how us little people often are willing to spend more than we can afford to watch or attend a football game but the billionaire owners want to keep every last nickel.
For those worried about the 49ers 2024 salary cap situation, don't, and I'll explain now.

I view the teams core players below.

Purdy, CMC, Juice, Deebo, BA, Kittle, Trent, Banks, Bosa, Hargrave, Armstead, Warner, Greenlaw, Ward, & Hufanga

For 2024 we're probably going to be anywhere from $20M-$30M over, I know that sounds bad, but here's how the team IMO will be able to keep those core players around long term.

They'll extend Dre, Mooney, & AA in 2024, saving $27.668M, redo Deebo, which saves $15.8M, over $43M saved right there, then extend BA in August 2024, same with Hufanga(who will see his base salary escalate from $1.055M to around $4.901M), we probably save cap room by extending BA, might need to use some to extend Hufanga, we may not be active like in FA in 2024 like we were this year, meaning no big splash, just can't afford doing that every year. Also Banks is eligible for a new deal after 2023.

Now in 2025 those 3 players I mentioned to be extended cost us over $20.8M in potential dead money, so by extending them next year we can get those 3 players' 2025 cap numbers to be around that $20.8M total amount, we'll have around $50M-$70M in cap room in 2025, so don't worry, please, we won't lose our core guys.
The above includes a potential Bosa extension costing in the $14M range in 2024 on the cap.
For those worried about the 49ers 2024 salary cap situation, don't, and I'll explain now.

I view the teams core players below.

Purdy, CMC, Juice, Deebo, BA, Kittle, Trent, Banks, Bosa, Hargrave, Armstead, Warner, Greenlaw, Ward, & Hufanga

For 2024 we're probably going to be anywhere from $20M-$30M over, I know that sounds bad, but here's how the team IMO will be able to keep those core players around long term.

They'll extend Dre, Mooney, & AA in 2024, saving $27.668M, redo Deebo, which saves $15.8M, over $43M saved right there, then extend BA in August 2024, same with Hufanga(who will see his base salary escalate from $1.055M to around $4.901M), we probably save cap room by extending BA, might need to use some to extend Hufanga, we may not be active like in FA in 2024 like we were this year, meaning no big splash, just can't afford doing that every year. Also Banks is eligible for a new deal after 2023.

Now in 2025 those 3 players I mentioned to be extended cost us over $20.8M in potential dead money, so by extending them next year we can get those 3 players' 2025 cap numbers to be around that $20.8M total amount, we'll have around $50M-$70M in cap room in 2025, so don't worry, please, we won't lose our core guys.

Thanks J you da man
Share 49ersWebzone