There are 237 users in the forums

49ers 2024 Salary Cap Thread, 2024 Cap Room=$55,944,326 as of 10/5/24

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by Giedi:
49ers 2024 cap:

Debo 28.5mil, Trent 28mil, armstead 25.8mil, Warner 24.4mil, Kittle 19.8mil, ward 17.9mil, Hargrave 15.5mil, McCaffrey 14.1mil, Aiyuk 14.1mil, Greenlaw 9.6mil, Juszczyk 7.5mil

12 guys take 4/5ths of the 49er cap, by my rough estimates. 😳😳😳

Kittle and TW restructured their deals. Kittle's cap hit for 2024 is now 21.9. And for TW it's 31.6. the wallet is wide open.

It won't be that bad, just restructure Deebo, saves over $15.8M, extend Dre, Mooney, & Armstead, save $27.668M, over $43M saved there, likely won't be big time spenders, likely bring in 1yr deal guys like we've been doing, plus have 12 draft picks.

yup and these are core players too so it really won't hurt us in the long run except for people complaining a few years from now they arent worth it lol

I do think as long we are not completely injury-riddled we will try to pull off a mid-season trade. Off the top of my head, I think the Titans, Bucs, and Panthers will be in sell mode. Chase Young should be on the market too assuming they are competing for an SB and he's an upcoming FA
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
This is insane

Interesting. Id say simply: this provides them team with many options for many scenarios. Solid thinking imo.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Okay now go get a CB or DE and lehhhs phucking go!!!!!
This was likely done to carryover as much cap room to 2024 as possible.

If Bosa didn't lower his base salary, they're at $25.39M under, I don't think Yates numbers include Bosa's deal, as it's not in the NFLPA's database yet.

If Bosa didn't lower his base salary, they're at $25.39M under, I don't think Yates numbers include Bosa's deal, as it's not in the NFLPA's database yet.
19 mil in dead cap coming off the books
Kinlaw possibly gone

looking at another/extra 25 mil to play with in 2024
The $41.5M in cap room is before Bosa's 2023 salary, no? So really it's ~$24M in cap room, contingent on any adjustments to Bosa's 2023 salary?
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
The $41.5M in cap room is before Bosa's 2023 salary, no? So really it's ~$24M in cap room, contingent on any adjustments to Bosa's 2023 salary?

I'm assuming so, Bosa's deal isn't in the NFLPA database, or whatever Yates uses to see cap room.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Kinlaw possibly gone

Agree with AB and 49ATT - these moves, for the most part, are for the 2024 cap year. Still leaves some wiggle room for a trade before the trade deadline this year.

I'm assuming so, Bosa's deal isn't in the NFLPA database, or whatever Yates uses to see cap room.

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/san-francisco-49ers

OTC says $35.6M when accounting for Bosa's $17M fifth year option… not sure how reliable this is but looks like the Armstead restructure was already counted.

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/san-francisco-49ers

OTC says $35.6M when accounting for Bosa's $17M fifth year option… not sure how reliable this is but looks like the Armstead restructure was already counted.

Yeah I saw OTC, but Bosa got a $50M signing bonus, so we have to wait and see structure of Bosa's deal to be sure of their current cap room.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Kinlaw possibly gone

FWIW Kinlaw isn't on the books next yr anyway. There is no 19 million off the books next yr in DM. It wasn't there to begin with in 2024. These aren't new/extra money that can get applied to the cap. It's not new cap savings.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Sep 9, 2023 at 9:57 AM ]
Yeah I saw OTC, but Bosa got a $50M signing bonus, so we have to wait and see structure of Bosa's deal to be sure of their current cap room.

What I don't get is why do restructures now? You can do all this next yr and still have that cap flexibility going into 2024. You get a full season of play and an idea if these guys are all worth restructuring and pushing more money down the road. IMO you really do this to extend someone else or trade for someone now.

of course we all gotta see the structure of Bosa's deal first.
Share 49ersWebzone