There are 229 users in the forums

49ers 2024 Salary Cap Thread, 2024 Cap Room=$55,944,326 as of 10/5/24

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by okdkid:
When has Paraag hurt this team? He is elite at this. Let him work. You have zero reason to doubt him. None.

Oh I don't know everyone in here seemed to hated that man for like 5 yrs when Harbs was the HC.

I just questioned what's the point of doing it? People get all bent out of shape because I asked why…like how dare I ask that.
When has Paraag hurt this team? He is elite at this. Let him work. You have zero reason to doubt him. None.

This.
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
We definitely trading for a big name.... right?

I mean I hope that's the point of doing all this….if not why? Apparently that means I hate the team or some weird s**t because people take crap wayyyy too personal in here.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Oh I don't know everyone in here seemed to hated that man for like 5 yrs when Harbs was the HC.

I just questioned what's the point of doing it? People get all bent out of shape because I asked why…like how dare I ask that.

I mean yeah kinda. Paarag doesn't miss. This team is always financially sound.

I mean I hope that's the point of doing all this….if not why? Apparently that means I hate the team or some weird s**t because people take crap wayyyy too personal in here.
  • fip24
  • Veteran
I wonder if the FO got assurance that Trent will play for another few seasons. If he retires this or next offseason the dead cap hit would be brutal,

I totally agree with you on waiting to restructure when we need to and why didn't we do this months ago, why now. It really doesn't make sense unless they are going to sign someone or go all in but, I'm not sure who's out there to sign to ensure we get over the hump.

As you've said, the front office has made mistakes. We are fortunate to be one of the top 10 teams again with some of the moves they've made and it's not wrong to have conversations about it…
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Someone is just hurt and now wants to bash the team lol

I'm just having a convo. You don't have to blindly love everything they do. It's okay to be objective every once in a while. I love most of the stuff they do.

also quit making s**t personal. I'm not doing that. I'm asking what the point in doing all of it? You just got butthurt because I questioned it. I don't hate it if there's a motive behind it besides just having cap space in 2024.
You are definitely making it personal

In no way does it hurt us for this year and next. Just cause you don't understand, doesn't make it a bad move. You're clearly scrolling past all the advantages that's being posted here since the first restructure to bash the team
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

Nope not at all…just asking why they're doing it? Why does that equal me being mad?
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

Perfect

Nope not at all…just asking why they're doing it? Why does that equal me being mad?
It equals being mad with all the nonsense bash that's included in your post.

if you really just posted a why with no added bashing, i would gladly fill you in. But you are making this personal
I wonder what the reason for this is. I feel like the team makes moves like this to give them options, Not for an exact reason.

like they can make a move for a big player or two, or they can just let it roll over and help with next year - or a combo of both! I think the team is just giving them options incase a player like CMC opens up again or we just want to carry it into next season.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
You are definitely making it personal

In no way does it hurt us for this year and next. Just cause you don't understand, doesn't make it a bad move. You're clearly scrolling past all the advantages that's being posted here since the first restructure to bash the team

I'm making it personal after you did… Why do you always have to go that route….it's because YOU take s**t personal in here. Cut it out and have a convo.

it doesn't hurt us this very min, especially if all these guys stay healthy. Looking at AA's restructure…if he doesn't sign an extension, he's gonna be on the books thru 2027 and is only signed thru 2024. 3yrs of DM much like Ford was for not playing on this team. Trent now has a $38M cap hit when he's 38. I'm fine kicking the can down the road as long as there's a reason for doing it today…that's my whole f**king point, what are we doing it for? Are we looking to add someone, if so awesome. If not I don't see the point in doing it right now. There's absolutely no reason for you to turn that into some weird I hate the team b******t.
Originally posted by tankle104:
I wonder what the reason for this is. I feel like the team makes moves like this to give them options, Not for an exact reason.

like they can make a move for a big player or two, or they can just let it roll over and help with next year - or a combo of both! I think the team is just giving them options incase a player like CMC opens up again or we just want to carry it into next season.

It definitely provides some options. Could be a wait and see how Ferrell and Jackson do opposite Bosa? Could be Bosa's deal is front loaded (do we know yet?). It will be interesting to see how this all shakes out.
Originally posted by tankle104:

Absolutely they do. They made that trade up in the draft without knowing what they were going to do once they got to 3. Kind of a strange way to do things, but in the end the finished product speaks for itself.
Share 49ersWebzone