There are 122 users in the forums

49ers 2024 Salary Cap Thread, 2024 Cap Room=$55,944,326 as of 10/5/24

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Saving up for Aiyuk.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
lol oh i made it personal for you .. yeah right

he's not going to be on the books as 26 and 27 if released, as they are void years with no gtd
Trent has an opt out after this year. he also can retire which would help us

trying hard to make this a thing is not it

You absolutely did. You go straight towards this being personal for me because of something else in another thread. Like I all of a sudden hate this team FO/HC because I didn't agree with something lol. Come on man.

yes he most certainly is going to be on the books in 25, 26 and 27. Go look at his contract on OTC.

Him opting out or retiring does not negative all of his cap hit. Go look at Brees and Romo's DM hits when they retired…it's doesn't go to zero.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

he's not going to be on the books as 26 and 27 if released, as they are void years with no gtd

You absolutely did. You go straight towards this being personal for me because of something else in another thread. Like I all of a sudden hate this team FO/HC because I didn't agree with something lol. Come on man.

yes he most certainly is going to be on the books in 25, 26 and 27. Go look at his contract on OTC.

Him opting out or retiring does not negative all of his cap hit. Go look at Brees and Romo's DM hits when they retired…it's doesn't go to zero.

The Bucs have a massive cap hit this year because of Brady too. I think it's the bucs & rams with the largest dead cap hits. At about $75M apiece
the come back Robbie G fund is looking strong
1 year $42m ought to do it

i made it personal after how personal you took it. you were quite on this and other subjects before Lance, now after lance you turned into Cohn/9er twitter

as for OTC, i don't think OTC is correct

AA has no cap hit and off the books if released before 26
if Trent retires, we're not paying him 30+ year in dead cap

we have 40 mil to roll over right now
an extra 25 off the books starting next year (dead money + Kinlaw gone)
so around 60mill + cap increase % if we don't spend on additions to get even stronger next year
Crazy to see how well run they are now. I remember being in cap hell in 99/2000 with a garbage roster and rumors of the team moving.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
We have never done this. We have never gone all in to sign (probably) expensive vets after FA to enhance a roster, since ....1994?

What on earth.

What could possibly be the reason behind this surge in confidence?

FTFY jk
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
the come back Robbie G fund is looking strong
1 year $42m ought to do it
Originally posted by tankle104:
The Bucs have a massive cap hit this year because of Brady too. I think it's the bucs & rams with the largest dead cap hits. At about $75M apiece

Yeah they went all in and both had to pay the piper. I'm fine with it if they do something with all that cash lol
What are we freeing all this space for? Feels like something is in the works, we gonna trade for someone?

Aiyuk is eligible for an extension, I'd like us to sign him now. I think he's going to have an awesome season and I'd like to see him get paid before all the other WRs like CeeDee and Jefferson get paid - making it more expensive.

sign him to a 3-5 year extension at $17M a year! I think it would save us a few mil if we do it soon. I think Aiyuk is going to ball out this year and he will just get more expensive

i think Aiyuk is a top 5 WR because of how well rounded he is. I'm a big fan of his
[ Edited by tankle104 on Sep 9, 2023 at 11:47 AM ]

Yeah they went all in and both had to pay the piper. I'm fine with it if they do something with all that cash lol

If we do trade for anything, I'd like to see us nab a top pass rusher. Would be cool to get Hunter from minnesota or Sweat from WAS.

i think Drake is going to have a good season but if we added one more really good pass rusher, we would be set for a monster monster season to set records
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
I wonder what the reason for this is. I feel like the team makes moves like this to give them options, Not for an exact reason.

like they can make a move for a big player or two, or they can just let it roll over and help with next year - or a combo of both! I think the team is just giving them options incase a player like CMC opens up again or we just want to carry it into next season.

It definitely provides some options. Could be a wait and see how Ferrell and Jackson do opposite Bosa? Could be Bosa's deal is front loaded (do we know yet?). It will be interesting to see how this all shakes out.

Speaking of Bosa, they are definitely trading for Joey Bosa. Maybe that was why it took so long for Nick to sign. He's like, "You have to trade for my brother."

lol
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
I wonder what the reason for this is. I feel like the team makes moves like this to give them options, Not for an exact reason.

like they can make a move for a big player or two, or they can just let it roll over and help with next year - or a combo of both! I think the team is just giving them options incase a player like CMC opens up again or we just want to carry it into next season.

It definitely provides some options. Could be a wait and see how Ferrell and Jackson do opposite Bosa? Could be Bosa's deal is front loaded (do we know yet?). It will be interesting to see how this all shakes out.

Speaking of Bosa, they are definitely trading for Joey Bosa. Maybe that was why it took so long for Nick to sign. He's like, "You have to trade for my brother."

lol

That would be a cheat code. Lol it's crazy to have one bosa, but two?! I'd make that trade. Send our first to them and maybe a 3rd. Idk if that would get it done but not many teams could afford him, so idk if other teams would offer more.

the bosa family doesn't like the chargers ownership. Lol mama bosa has been open about that. Lol she always talks up how classy the 49ers are and chargers are horrible and leak fake stuff to the media for their advantage
Is the salary cap reflecting Bosa's $17M salary this year? Or is the $40M+ reflecting it being reduced to $10M like many expected to happen?

i feel like we are paying bosa more this year to help alleviate future years, more so than we expected but who knows. It's insane we have the most cap space in the nfl now. Lmao what the hell, love it.
Share 49ersWebzone