There are 147 users in the forums

49ers 2024 Salary Cap Thread, 2024 Cap Room=$55,944,326 as of 10/5/24

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
We have never done this. We have never gone all in to sign (probably) expensive vets after FA to enhance a roster, since ....1994?

What on earth.

What could possibly be the reason behind this surge in confidence?

Spot On. Don't want to push all our chips in if Jimmy's just gonna get tight in the end anyway.
Originally posted by captveg:
OT or CB is the move I'd make. Otherwise roll it over.

This, our weakest position is right tackle and cornerback in my opinion. If McKivitz isn't that great that is going to hinder our performance against great defenses like Philadelphia or Dallas and possibly in the Super Bowl if we make it. If we get injured at corner, our depth is unproven and not that great. We really don't need another defensive end, three out of our four lineman are very very good to elite and since holding is allowed on offense a tackle would be more valuable than another end.

I'm glad we did some restructures this off-season because we will be ready to trade if we need to or roll the money over to next year. We need to extend Aiyuk and Hufanga too.

The players we restructured we are going to keep for a couple years so I don't understand the questioning. Especially since a player like Dee Ford was never available and all these players being restructured are almost always available so that was a horrible comparison just to make a point.

We are good and ready for #6
Originally posted by JTB1974:
What is it going to cost to extend Hufanga? He's going into year 3 and will be up for an extension next year. If he has another pro-bowl season I wonder what his asking price will be.

If he has another all pro season, his asking price will be at the Derwin James and Minkah Fitzpatrick level.
Originally posted by Nastastical:
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
IMO, getting a top tier OLine guy would be optimal.

We'll all know better after this Sunday's performance.

TJ Watt and others will be relentlessly attacking the right side of the OLine.

Sure, getting a top DE wouldn't hurt either or a top level DB for that matter.

But, IMO, the OLine is still the biggest question mark about the team.

Top tier OL are pretty much never available for trade. Even trading for a versatile backup would be far-fetched. Just a thin position league wide.

Another DE makes theoretical sense because there are at least a couple names that would potentially be available if we wanted to pay the price

Yeah, I don't think most fans realize that almost every team is struggling with o line players/depth, not just us. At least we have a respectable starting line.

there are a bunch of high quality pass rushers - burns, sweat, Hunter, chandler jones etc. i hope we get one of those guys. Would be amazing. I really like Drake but having another stud would be awesome

Most fans don't pay much attention to other teams around the league. If they did, they'd understand why it makes sense to load up the DL with great pass rushers. OL play is horrible across the league and we should continue to take advantage of it.

Yup! We have one of the best starting units in the league. Which speaks volumes about the quality of o lines around the league now. We can crush with an improved d line.

i really hope we snag up another savage!
Originally posted by libertyforever:
Originally posted by JTB1974:
What is it going to cost to extend Hufanga? He's going into year 3 and will be up for an extension next year. If he has another pro-bowl season I wonder what his asking price will be.

If he has another all pro season, his asking price will be at the Derwin James and Minkah Fitzpatrick level.

Getting w a a a y ahead of ourselves here. Lets make sire he can tackle and stop blowing goal line coverages first. Then think about his value.
Bosas Cap hit in 26: 40+ Million lol
26,27,28 are insane
Bosa's cap hit is atlittle over $11 Million this year. Only around $14 Million in 2024 and $20 Million in 2025. The next 3 years after that is really high and there is an out in 2029. But Bosa is going to be pretty cheap for the next 3 years.
Originally posted by 49ersFan_vienna:
Bosas Cap hit in 26: 40+ Million lol
26,27,28 are insane

Yeah but we have no idea what the salary cap might be 4 years from now. That $40 Million might not seem that high by then. 4 years ago we thought $20 Million for a DE was high.
Yup! We have one of the best starting units in the league. Which speaks volumes about the quality of o lines around the league now. We can crush with an improved d line.

Do we need another splash dl signing?or competent depth? I dont know about burns. He got 64 from pff. Hes played 2600 snaps in 3 years. Thats a lot right? 27m? For 13 sacks in 950 snaps? I dunno. Hell definitely up that across from bosa but still wondering if there are a couple of omenihus who can rush and run defend. Kinda pissed we missed out on houston and ngouke. We coulda got both for burns price and still have change for a vet rg.

Do we need another splash dl signing?or competent depth? I dont know about burns. He got 64 from pff. Hes played 2600 snaps in 3 years. Thats a lot right? 27m? For 13 sacks in 950 snaps? I dunno. Hell definitely up that across from bosa but still wondering if there are a couple of omenihus who can rush and run defend. Kinda pissed we missed out on houston and ngouke. We coulda got both for burns price and still have change for a vet rg.

Yeah, idk. I just would like to see us go the extra mile for this year. To try and win it all. Our odds would be better if we had another elite pass rusher.

Originally posted by BOI49er:
Spot On. Don't want to push all our chips in if Jimmy's just gonna get tight in the end anyway.

Hey that's not nice. Brock looks better than jimmy but jimmy played with a messed up arm 2 years ago. He's alright and did is many solids.
Originally posted by Ezekiel38:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Why would one assume they are not doing this for a reason or in an effort to hurt the team from a cap perspective?

I'm assuming they're doing it to bring someone in (fingers crossed)….if it's just to clear a bunch of cap space right now and do nothing with it. Personally I don't get it.

Brian Burns please and only Brian Burns.

That would be a win and a half.

Yeah, idk. I just would like to see us go the extra mile for this year. To try and win it all. Our odds would be better if we had another elite pass rusher.

Yep. Can't be too picky. Its what we've been complaining about after all.
Huh? Bosa took a pay cut this year?
Huh? Bosa took a pay cut this year?

He didn't take a pay cut, just restructured the payment method. It looks like they're allocating some of it to signing bonus and spreading it out to give relief.
Share 49ersWebzone